Take a shot every time Fontenot says “umm”

15 minutes ago, Foo Falcons said:

People that recognize this and criticize it are looking for ****. Get over yourself 

It’s wasn’t a criticism, it was a joke. Everyone on this message board is always looking to jump down everyone’s throats. No wonder we constantly suck, we’re a reflection of the sh!tty group of fans we have here always looking to bash someone. Also, you can’t help but recognize the “Umms”, most people with more than 4 brain cells could clearly pick that out. A general observation isn’t a criticism, umm, you should be smart enough to realize that. 

1 hour ago, matty72780 said:

It’s wasn’t a criticism, it was a joke. Everyone on this message board is always looking to jump down everyone’s throats. No wonder we constantly suck, we’re a reflection of the sh!tty group of fans we have here always looking to bash someone. Also, you can’t help but recognize the “Umms”, most people with more than 4 brain cells could clearly pick that out. A general observation isn’t a criticism, umm, you should be smart enough to realize that. 

I'll take fault in not realizing it was a joke, that's my bad. But no I didn't realize he said "um" that much until you pointed it out. Maybe it more so goes to show fans looking at things to nitpick rather than listening to the actual important opinions and information? Debatable I guess.

This is his first ever press conference and the whole Zoom based presentation had to be distracting.  The linguistic tics will likely subdue as the nerves where off and he grows more comfortable.  I personally thought he came across as extremely affable and professional.  

7 hours ago, matty72780 said:

“Everyone jumps down everyone’s throat”

jumps down everyone’s throat. 

Ha! Everybody does that. Creating filler sounds as they think of what they're about to say. It's something in the mind about establishing a continuity of sound. 

In fact, I remember many years back, someone created an audio track of nothing but the filler sounds that famous people made. It was pretty cool. 

4 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

Ha! Everybody does that. Creating filler sounds as they think of what they're about to say. It's something in the mind about establishing a continuity of sound. 

In fact, I remember many years back, someone created an audio track of nothing but the filler sounds that famous people made. It was pretty cool. 

This. We learned a lot about it in my public speaking class. It’s just natural and goes away as you get more comfortable. 

What helps is being able to write and rehearse the speech but these guys are just answering questions so it’s not that easy.

8 hours ago, matty72780 said:

8 hours ago, matty72780 said:

It’s a joke and I got your “little dude” whenever you’re looking for it fool

Lol idk why everyone’s being so sensitive ab this. It was clearly a joke. Keep doing you man.