What is with the love for Ulbrich and Raheem but all the hate for DQ?

9 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

What you mean they didn't do better?

1st 5 games with Quinn calling the defense

Falcons defense  -  446 YPG given up -  Would have been dead last in nfl by 25+ yards
Falcons PPG - 32.2 PPG give up - 31st in league with last only .2 points worse.

Last 10 games besides the final game where no one was trying to win anything could see no one cared

Falcons defense - 365 YPG given up - 19th in league  not great but much much better by 80 ypg
Falcons PPG - 20.9 PPG given up - 5th best in the league which is A HUGE IMPROVEMENT

Thats an entire drive of plays and 2 scores of improvement once Quinn left thats not just a little but a fricken night and day improvement and even more impressive it's over a more sustained time of 10 games.

and 6 games were against top 10 offenses so it like they did this against scrubs

I hold every one in that regime accountable. However if you’re an HC, OC, or DC, you’re going to get the more share of the blame. Quinn got the lion’s share of the blame followed by DK then Morris.

When Quinn was fired, and Morris took over, it seemed as if people absolved Morris of his assistance to helping us get to 0-5. We then played a weak schedule during this time that only lifted Morris’ status as being “better” than Quinn.

My personal view is that Quinn was bad but Morris wasn’t much better. Our offense was still trash, and our defense went from terrible to below average. Our wins were predominantly over weaker teams. In my murderers row post I make a prediction that we would only win one game the rest of the season. I got which game wrong but I was right about the record.

Bottom line is that Morris didn’t do enough to warrant me, or most people, to think he was any significant upgrade over Quinn. 

I get that we struggled the past several years.  But this year could have easily been much better, sitting at 6-3, instead of 3-6 with a few different plays.  I am glad DQ is gone but dude ****in got it right when he first got here.  Shanny was a homerun hire and who knows what could have happened if he stayed.  The best the Falcons has ever done is with DQ yet everyone ***** on him like he is some scrub who made us 0-16 every year.  DQ might have peaked with us, but **** we peaked with DQ as well.  

It was time to move on, no doubt, but DQ did more for us than any other coach has ever done.  I'll always be glad that we had DQ.  

20 hours ago, thanat0s said:

I don’t hate the first two, but I’m glad to see them gone. 

As for Quinn? I’ve been on this earth 52 years, and I waited nearly all of them to see us get that trophy. Quinn’s incompetence stole that from me, and that is unforgivable. 

Only commenting on the second part here.  This is 100% the case for me.  I've been a fan for more than two decades and always wanted at least 1 SB.  His stupidity, lack of leadership and coaching is the cause of the SB loss.  Simply cannot forgive that.  I don't wish the man ill will, that would be stupid, but I certainly wanted him out as HC after that loss and would not have blamed Blank if he fired him.  Quite honestly, that loss put a dent in my passion for the team.  With him gone and a new season forthcoming, I feel I have more interest now.  

36 minutes ago, dcfalcons said:

Only commenting on the second part here.  This is 100% the case for me.  I've been a fan for more than two decades and always wanted at least 1 SB.  His stupidity, lack of leadership and coaching is the cause of the SB loss.  Simply cannot forgive that.  I don't wish the man ill will, that would be stupid, but I certainly wanted him out as HC after that loss and would not have blamed Blank if he fired him.  Quite honestly, that loss put a dent in my passion for the team.  With him gone and a new season forthcoming, I feel I have more interest now.  

Same here! Just not having to see the faces of him or anyone else on his staff, along with TD, gives me new hope.

57 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

I get that we struggled the past several years.  But this year could have easily been much better, sitting at 6-3, instead of 3-6 with a few different plays.  I am glad DQ is gone but dude ****in got it right when he first got here.  Shanny was a homerun hire and who knows what could have happened if he stayed.  The best the Falcons has ever done is with DQ yet everyone ***** on him like he is some scrub who made us 0-16 every year.  DQ might have peaked with us, but **** we peaked with DQ as well.  

It was time to move on, no doubt, but DQ did more for us than any other coach has ever done.  I'll always be glad that we had DQ.  

He started 5-0 in 15 and collapsed to 8-8. Kyle, Matt, Julio and Freeman could’ve made the SB without him around. His defense was atrocious.

The one year we had a defense, Quinn had stupidly already purged all the offensive guys who could’ve kept it rolling, and hired Sark, who was clueless.

After that it’s been a 100% dumpster fire.

Smitty was the best head coach in our history, and it’s not even close. He made the mistake of letting TD destroy this team in 13-14, and paid the price for it. 

On 1/19/2021 at 9:52 PM, Dukeduke211 said:

We don't know how Quinn would have performed the rest of the year, but we do know what RM and JU performed. It was lousy. Regardless if anyone saw improvement we still lost week in week out. 

Possible but hard to imagine Quinn getting any sustained traction last year.  After the Dallas game the cloud loomed large and his very presence was a great distraction to the team.  They had no choice but to rip off the bandaid.

21 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I hold every one in that regime accountable. However if you’re an HC, OC, or DC, you’re going to get the more share of the blame. Quinn got the lion’s share of the blame followed by DK then Morris.

When Quinn was fired, and Morris took over, it seemed as if people absolved Morris of his assistance to helping us get to 0-5. We then played a weak schedule during this time that only lifted Morris’ status as being “better” than Quinn.

My personal view is that Quinn was bad but Morris wasn’t much better. Our offense was still trash, and our defense went from terrible to below average. Our wins were predominantly over weaker teams. In my murderers row post I make a prediction that we would only win one game the rest of the season. I got which game wrong but I was right about the record.

Bottom line is that Morris didn’t do enough to warrant me, or most people, to think he was any significant upgrade over Quinn. 

The 0 and 5 part people tend to forget.

With Morris' record down the stretch I knew he had no chance but I liked him (and Ulbrich).   They had no control over the roster and little say so in the offense six games into the season.  I imagine the Kotwica firing was probably more than just a performance firing.  I believe he goes into the offseason with at least an 8-8 (8-3) record if our offense could score TDs in red zone.   

For me it is that big mystery on the defense.  Before I get into that, Ulbrich did well with our LBs. 

I think it was 2017 when the Falcons were playing poorly on defense that DQ took over defensive playcalling from Marquand Manuel.  The defense was suddenly transformed from disgraceful to respectable.  Manuel was fired near the end of 2018.  Sarkesian and Armstrong were also fired at the end of the season.  In 2019 DQ was the HC and DC.

Morris looked like a chess piece with the Falcons as DQ moved him from position to position.  He was not the DC until the 2020 season.  He held that position for a very short time before being named Falcons Interim HC.

Who elevated the defense in 2017?  I thought it was DQ.  I no longer believe that.  If that was true, why did our defense implode in 2019 under Quinn?  Why was Morris moved around so much?  And, as Assistant Head Coach, DQ could have assigned any responsibility to Morris without raising questions.  Who was doing what? 

There are so many unanswered questions that I have become suspicious of Dan Quinn.  I have no inside information, but he fired several coaches who have been successful since.  And, he kept several years after they proved incompetence like Keith Armstrong, Chris Morgan, Greg Knapp.  I have always believe you keep coaches who help you win and fire the ones who do not. 

I think Ulbrich has displayed competence as a LB coach.  I think Morris was never in any position long enough to show what he could do.  I think DQ showed that HC was too much for him.  Further, the decisions DQ made with his coaching staff raise suspicions.  JMHO.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:10 PM, Dukeduke211 said:

They did no better. They were part of Quinns failure and when given the chance they failed also. I don't get it.

No love on my part... they can all bounce the **** up out of here