What is with the love for Ulbrich and Raheem but all the hate for DQ?

Ulbrich and Morris were both miles better at calling defensive plays than DQ. It’s not questionable. DQ practically made zero in-game adjustments in the games he called plays. Morris and a Ulbrich would make in-game adjustments. 

I’d argue the defense wouldn’t have been too bad if not for those gaping holes at edge rusher, #2 CB, and S that all still exist as of this moment.

20 minutes ago, Dukeduke211 said:

They did no better. They were part of Quinns failure and when given the chance they failed also. I don't get it.

It's a form of backlash. They were all ready to crown him champion, and then he let them down and never got back to that level. They emotionally invested in him, so he now feels their rath. RM  and Ulbrich were never the brand here...DQ was. False hope unfulfilled. 

13 minutes ago, CTann said:

Ulbrich and Morris were both miles better at calling defensive plays than DQ. It’s not questionable. DQ practically made zero in-game adjustments in the games he called plays. Morris and a Ulbrich would make in-game adjustments. 

I’d argue the defense wouldn’t have been too bad if not for those gaping holes at edge rusher, #2 CB, and S that all still exist as of this moment.

they won a total of 4 games all year, take that Dan quinn. shows you how much better they are than you.

As time progressed quinn was exposed. Positivity is amazing but if there are no consequences nothing matters.

Great guy just think he was in over his head when it came to managing people after the offense no longer carried the team.

Defense changed when morris and brick took over.

I hope quinn bounces back and learns.

Edited by red falcon
17 minutes ago, CTann said:

They made adjustments and called better plays but we still are 4-12?

I am a fan of both honestly but dont see how they get so much love when we were below 500.

Just now, Dukeduke211 said:

I am a fan of both honestly but dont see how they get so much love when we were below 500.

Its not the entire picture though its a team sport. Defense improved offense was still trash up until the last couple of gms when the offensive philosophy cleary changed.

Cant looks at the stats as black and white.

6 minutes ago, insight said:

They performed better than Quinn and did a respectable job. Quinn was an epic failure and tainted everyone he worked with. 

We don't know how Quinn would have performed the rest of the year, but we do know what RM and JU performed. It was lousy. Regardless if anyone saw improvement we still lost week in week out. 

1 hour ago, Dukeduke211 said:

I’m not defending them as in, “Omg why aren’t they staying.” I was moreso saying they were better than the guy who was supposed to be a, “defensive guru.” Perhaps that’s why others are wondering why a new regime isn’t retaining them? 

1 hour ago, Day1 said:

they won a total of 4 games all year, take that Dan quinn. shows you how much better they are than you.

In addition to my most recent post.

Sorry, I realized I didn’t shift back to “FALCONS talk,” as I spent time yesterday speaking to one of my friends who lived in NJ and is a diehard Jets fan. He asked me about Ulbrich yesterday because both he and Kris Richard interviewed for the Jets DC position. I was telling him about Ulbrich and Morris being more effective with the same exact roster than DQ, and that Ulbrich handled 1st, 2nd, and obvious run downs while Morris handled 3rd and obvious passing downs.

I was still stuck in that, “mode” about them when I made my original post here. My bad. 🙃

1 hour ago, thanat0s said:

I don’t hate the first two, but I’m glad to see them gone. 

As for Quinn? I’ve been on this earth 52 years, and I waited nearly all of them to see us get that trophy. Quinn’s incompetence stole that from me, and that is unforgivable. 

Indeed. People who say to get over it or move on haven't been a fan of this team for 48+years. 99.9% chance to win, still unbelievable....

I liked them to the point I would have been happy with a HC Raheem and DC Ulbrich. You have to understand, no one hates DQ, but after the Super bowl, he couldn't do one thing right.

Raheem may not have dazzled, but he was forthcoming about issues and held players accountable.

We don't know how Quinn would have performed the rest of the year, but we do know what RM and JU performed. It was lousy. Regardless if anyone saw improvement we still lost week in week out. 

I have to disagree, the defense looked completely lost under Quinn, it was embarrassing to watch.

The defense made huge strides under Raheem and Ulbrich, Unfortunately we struggled on the offense side of the ball but I don't think you can blame them for that. 

What you mean they didn't do better?

1st 5 games with Quinn calling the defense

Falcons defense  -  446 YPG given up -  Would have been dead last in nfl by 25+ yards
Falcons PPG - 32.2 PPG give up - 31st in league with last only .2 points worse.

Last 10 games besides the final game where no one was trying to win anything could see no one cared

Falcons defense - 365 YPG given up - 19th in league  not great but much much better by 80 ypg
Falcons PPG - 20.9 PPG given up - 5th best in the league which is A HUGE IMPROVEMENT

Thats an entire drive of plays and 2 scores of improvement once Quinn left thats not just a little but a fricken night and day improvement and even more impressive it's over a more sustained time of 10 games.

5 hours ago, Dukeduke211 said:

I am a fan of both honestly but ont see how they get so much love when we were below 500.

The defense in games 1-5 allowed 32.2 PPG.

The defense in games 6-16 allowed 23.0 PPG

That seems like a pretty major difference IMO.