Jump to content

Pat Kirwan.....


Recommended Posts

I can’t even tell you how disgusted my friend is who is a Cowboys life long fan. He pretty much watches all of Atlanta’s games when dallas isn’t playing at the same time. We’ve watched many games together. He knows exactly what Dan Quinn is. 
 

I almost feel sorry for him lol. He knows what he’s in for. Hahah 

 

#fast and physical

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RYNE said:

I can’t even tell you how disgusted my friend is who is a Cowboys life long fan. He pretty much watches all of Atlanta’s games when dallas isn’t playing at the same time. We’ve watched many games together. He knows exactly what Dan Quinn is. 
 

I almost feel sorry for him lol. He knows what he’s in for. Hahah 

 

#fast and physical

So in Dallas is he going to call plays for 1/2 the year and then hand it off, or hand it off for 1/2 the year and then take it over?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RYNE said:

I can’t even tell you how disgusted my friend is who is a Cowboys life long fan. He pretty much watches all of Atlanta’s games when dallas isn’t playing at the same time. We’ve watched many games together. He knows exactly what Dan Quinn is. 
 

I almost feel sorry for him lol. He knows what he’s in for. Hahah 

 

#fast and physical

I think he can be a good coordinator. 

But someone else is going to have to hold players accountable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I think he can be a good coordinator. 

But someone else is going to have to hold players accountable. 

Based on what? He was awful here. Worse when he called plays. 
 

all people point to is his time in Seattle. Running Pete Carroll’s Defense with a roster full of hall of fame players. 
 

that ain’t Dallas 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RYNE said:

Based on what? He was awful here. Worse when he called plays. 
 

all people point to is his time in Seattle. Running Pete Carroll’s Defense with a roster full of hall of fame players. 
 

that ain’t Dallas 

He wasn’t a coordinator here. He did great in Seattle because Carroll set the culture there. Quinn is an Xs and Os guy and a teacher. He still has a lot to learn about team building. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JDaveG said:

He wasn’t a coordinator here. He did great in Seattle because Carroll set the culture there. Quinn is an Xs and Os guy and a teacher. He still has a lot to learn about team building. 

He said he would “fix this defense.”  Took over play calling duties. You can call it whatever you want but for a point in time he was the d coordinator and head coach here. 
 

he failed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact Dallas would hire Quinn to a prominent role is absolutely fascinating to me considering his team’s defense totally crapped the bed against them, allowing them to easily come back in a game they had no business winning... and that Quinn’s team was so unprepared, Dallas was able to pull off that ridiculous watermelon kick against them.

It would seem to indicate Dallas is either totally forgetful, desperate, or clueless. Perhaps all of that is the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RYNE said:

He said he would “fix this defense.”  Took over play calling duties. You can call it whatever you want but for a point in time he was the d coordinator and head coach here. 
 

he failed 

K

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Quinns energy and positivity will be good for the cowboys. Quinn installed a good culture here and Shannahan took a lot of things as a HC from Quinn to SF. The issue Quinn had here was those tough losses were too hard to overcome and his message got stale. Also TD not being able to provide a pass rush with first round busts like Takk and Beasley. It was time to change coaching staffs and philosophies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, k-train said:

The fact Dallas would hire Quinn to a prominent role is absolutely fascinating to me considering his team’s defense totally crapped the bed against them, allowing them to easily come back in a game they had no business winning... and that Quinn’s team was so unprepared, Dallas was able to pull off that ridiculous watermelon kick against them.

It would seem to indicate Dallas is either totally forgetful, desperate, or clueless. Perhaps all of that is the case.

yeah I'm down for D All of the above

 

I wonder if they'll also let him help with special teams  :ninja:

:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

He said he would “fix this defense.”  Took over play calling duties. You can call it whatever you want but for a point in time he was the d coordinator and head coach here. 
 

he failed 

Quinn took over the defense in the second half of the 2016 season and that defense was a major reason the Falcons made it to the Super Bowl. I think the problem is eventually Quinn's message began to fall on deaf ears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

He wasn’t a coordinator here. He did great in Seattle because Carroll set the culture there. Quinn is an Xs and Os guy and a teacher. He still has a lot to learn about team building. 

yeah, he taught a losing culture here. After Shanny left, it all went downhill like turds in a toilet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

He wasn’t a coordinator here. He did great in Seattle because Carroll set the culture there. Quinn is an Xs and Os guy and a teacher. He still has a lot to learn about team building. 

THANK YOU. people should stop ragging on the dude he is already gone. I am certain he learned lessons from his time here and will be able to move forward and become a better coach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...