30 minutes ago, RYNE said:

He was nervous but who cares? It’s an interview. 

saw some Jackoffs writing articles on Twitter how he got off to a “shaky start” in Atlanta. 

what a bunch of idiots 

Representing as the head coach is new to him. He'll gain confidence as his vision shows results!

GO FALCONS!!!!

First time in the light, new gig, anyone would be a little nervous. Who cares. Seems like he was fine. And he wasn’t spewing bumper sticker tag lines. 
Win more than 4 next year and it’s growth. Win more than 8 and he can sing Yankee Doodle for all I care. 

Edited by Killing Floor
7 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wasn't the public speaker Quinn was, but that's fine by me. He cares about the stuff that matters and I love how much he talked about surrounding himself with guys who weren't Yes Men and holding every player accountable. We miss that badly

this is exactly what I thought immediately when I heard him say that

19 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wasn't the public speaker Quinn was, but that's fine by me. He cares about the stuff that matters and I love how much he talked about surrounding himself with guys who weren't Yes Men and holding every player accountable. We miss that badly

And when DQ was hired we missed being "Fast and Physical" badly. And when Smitty was hired we missed playing "Disciplined football" badly. You guys put way too much stock in these pressers; they coaches know what to say. 

Which isn't to say I'm not really excited for Smith. He was the guy I wanted all the way. But these pressers aren't going to tell you anything much. Go watch some Titans games for that.

You don't win games by winning press conferences.  This is all new to him, he is nervous, and probably still pretty caught up in the whirlwind of the last week.  And, frankly, I don't care what he sounds like in interviews as long as the players respect him, play hard under his leadership, and we win. 

I am fully expecting some fans to whine about continued corporate speak that is going to come from Smith.  Given his background, his family, and the contacts he has in the public sector, don't be surprised to continuing hearing about "the process" etc.  

38 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

And when DQ was hired we missed being "Fast and Physical" badly. And when Smitty was hired we missed playing "Disciplined football" badly. You guys put way too much stock in these pressers; they coaches know what to say. 

Which isn't to say I'm not really excited for Smith. He was the guy I wanted all the way. But these pressers aren't going to tell you anything much. Go watch some Titans games for that.

I thought Smith's teams were very disciplined. Fell apart towards the end, but I'll wholeheartedly disagree on that one. 

Quinn was all slogans.

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I thought Smith's teams were very disciplined. Fell apart towards the end, but I'll wholeheartedly disagree on that one. 

Quinn was all slogans.

They were, and DQ's were very fast and physical. I'm not saying they're wrong about their slogans, just that it doesn't mean they won't fall apart in the next area. They just know what the fanbase wants to hear and they say it. I just can't wait to see these guys on the field man.

I have got to say, while I hate to see so much failure over the past. Right now I am liking the direction the Falcons are going with in this direction hiring Arthur and Terry Fontenot. 

It's like the Falcons finally hired a real coach and a real GM. Please tell me why I feel this way? It's like finally they hired some people WILLING to make some decisions instead of passing the buck and 

pointing the finger towards others. YOU KNOW THE PROCESS and such things. We shall see and time will tell. 

Oh one more thing! LOOK! 

Less get one thing STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW FOLKS! It is not : Fonted! It is Fontenoted! 😄

24 minutes ago, WinningIsTheOnlyOption said:

I have got to say, while I hate to see so much failure over the past. Right now I am liking the direction the Falcons are going with in this direction hiring Arthur and Terry Fontenot. 

It's like the Falcons finally hired a real coach and a real GM. Please tell me why I feel this way? It's like finally they hired some people WILLING to make some decisions instead of passing the buck and 

pointing the finger towards others. YOU KNOW THE PROCESS and such things. We shall see and time will tell. 

Oh one more thing! LOOK! 

Less get one thing STRAIGHT RIGHT NOW FOLKS! It is not : Fonted! It is Fontenoted! 😄

Thats literally true for any regime change. We heard similar stuff when DQ was introduced. I like Arthur Smith, but lets not crown the new staff yet. They have to win, NFL is not for long. 

12 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

Finally got a coordinator that actually made his unit better then when he started, instead on one that just babysat all-pro talent.

I like that they are being thoughtful in their process so far.  They are taking time to get their coaches.  Everything I've heard and read gives me a positive feeling. Had this with Quinn until...I didnt.

Lots of enthusiasm being shown once again... after hiring a new HC and GM this time. Not trying to rain on anybody's parade but I'd wait and see what happens. If they go say 6-10 in 2021 will the same enthusiasm be shown? 

Will AB and Rich McKay stay out of the way now and let the coach and GM do their work? I'll believe it when I see it.

After following this team over 40 years it's hard to get excited anymore. 

I would definitely see about moving Matt Ryan to another team. This team needs a new leader at QB. 

Tired of seeing Matt stand in the pocket and be sacked. No mobility at all. He's a sitting duck. If the Falcons draft a QB with the 4th pick he needs to come in and start. We don't need to draft a QB IMO and sit him a year or two. Matt has had his opportunity here and he probably needs a change himself. 

This team needs a new identity and having a new QB start will change it instantly. i.e. Patrick MaHolmes.

Adding a new OL, CB etc. wont get me excited. 

Please no more slogans. And can we get back to football only and leave the politics at home. Most football fans watch the game to get away from all the other daily life problems. Bringing outside issues to the game day experience will drive fans away. 

To me, Smith comes across as more of a teacher, an analyst, and as a problem solver. He definitely doesn’t strike me as a high-energy, everything is positive type-of-guy. Hopefully Smith's demeanor will translate into the players playing smarter and more disciplined football. 

25 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

To me, Smith comes across as more of a teacher, an analyst, and as a problem solver. He definitely doesn’t strike me as a high-energy, everything is positive type-of-guy. Hopefully Smith's demeanor will translate into the players playing smarter and more disciplined football. 

He might definitely be a relief for the players after the high energy rah-rah of Quinn.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:02 PM, falcons007 said:

Thats literally true for any regime change. We heard similar stuff when DQ was introduced. I like Arthur Smith, but lets not crown the new staff yet. They have to win, NFL is not for long. 

I am no crowning anyone. I am just saying it feels like the Falcons powers that be finally hired some people to put in charge that know what they are doing rather than "The Media Favorite". I mean the way this all went down, yeah there was some media predictions and media coverage "Not Much" but it's like the Falcons finally made the right choice. Yeah, they still have to play the games and win them, but I guess I have said it too many times that this just feels at least to me like a different hiring change, it's like the Falcons finally on those changes had a chance to get the best two available, or two #1's when it comes to GM's & HC's. Oh well, that is my opinion, time will tell about all that.