So now with TF saying BPA at 4.. This all but guarantees a QB pick for us right?

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I looked at his profile, more I look at Surgain, I like him more for the Falcons. He can fit right in and add a good FS, it will be nasty dEfensive backfield. 

People want Fields, but how many times did Fields throw his way? Half of the field was shut down 

40 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

We finish at .500 if these 4 plays happen

Recover an onside kick 

Catch an interception in out hands ( or recover the fumble after missing the int)

Not score a TD in the waiting moments of a game.

Hold on to another int in the end zone.

Littlerally if those 4 plays go the other way then we are .500

That is not even counting the other 3 games that we had leads in the 4th quarter in.

There is a legit argument that we should....not could, not maybe, but should have won 9-10 games.

So the idea that nothing will make us a contender next year is flat incorrect.

I deal with absolutes. It's a tired argument because it's a 3 year old argument at this point. We have literally been eliminated from the playoff by the 1/2 point in 3 straight seasons. Let me repeat that last statement because I believe it is the most telling....

We have been eliminated by mid season the last 3 years...let it marinate.

But lets run it back!

Your argument is not real strong.

3 hours ago, athell said:

I'd tend to agree.  Though I'd add poor coaching, poor lines, and poor defense.

So follow up.  How do we address any of those areas by picking another QB at 4 when Matt isn't going anywhere for at least 2 years?

You won't be addressing anything that would make this team better. Great point!

25 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

People want Fields, but how many times did Fields throw his way? Half of the field was shut down 

11 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

Bingo... would love to have him here... can he be Ramsey good??

He reminds me of Rhodes for some reason.

2 hours ago, athell said:

How can you even seriously say that given we haven't even made it to free agency or the draft?  That's a pretty bold statement for someone that hasn't seen a single snap of an Arthur Smith Falcon offense or a single acquisition of a Terry Fontnot Falcon GM.

You are under the (false) assumption that a quick turnaround is out of the question, and it's not.  Losing Dirk alone and landing a guy like AS is a HUGE, and I cannot understate this enough, HUGE win for this team.  If Dirk didn't bottom out this offense, our record is much closer to 9-7 than it is 4-12.  If we didn't have the Dan Quinn experience for the first quarter of the year, and based on dvoa swings and change in play we saw in Raheem taking over, our record is much closer to 9-7 than it is 4-12.

People like you just cannot wrap your brains around the fact that football is a team game, and 1 man cannot shoulder the burden of the other 21.  Matt's career has been surrounded with nothing but poor olines, poor dlines, no run game and poor defenses and people like you would rather point the finger at the QB like some be all end all instead of the fire around him.  It honestly makes no sense.  You just admitted all the problems with the team, none of which were QB, and yet you want to draft a QB at 4.  Makes perfect sense.

**** man you're killing it today. Sorry, I'm beginning to sound like a fan club. But this is everything i want to scream.

4 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If it’s BPA, Penei, Chase, Smith, and Parsons are all guys that arguably better players than Fields and/or Wilson. Saying he likes to draft BPA does not mean we are for sure taking a QB by any means. 

Im going to laugh if they don't trade down and take chase .I want to see how many folks heads explode 

2 hours ago, athell said:

How about the Superbowl when he carried a perfect passer rating deep into the game to only have his coaching and defense fail him and cost him a win?

Now just take that game.  Repeat it over and over and over and over and over forever and ever and you get Matt Ryan's career.  Yet some of you window lickers think plugging Zach Wilson of all people in for Matt Ryan gonna equal like 6 more wins lol.  You are delusional.  As are the rest of these clowns.

To be fair, did you see that game against that team where Justin Fields put the whole team on his back and overcame clear talent and coaching deficiencies? What was that team?

Alabama I think it was. 

Anyway, it was awesome. 

20 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

I deal with absolutes. It's a tired argument because it's a 3 year old argument at this point. We have literally been eliminated from the playoff by the 1/2 point in 3 straight seasons. Let me repeat that last statement because I believe it is the most telling....

We have been eliminated by mid season the last 3 years...let it marinate.

But lets run it back!

Your argument is not real strong.

Better coaching and drafting a blue chip defender at 4 will fix a some of the Falcons problems. Drafting the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft and have him sit on the bench will not. 

4 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

Better coaching and drafting a blue chip defender at 4 will fix a some of the Falcons problems. Drafting the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft and have him sit on the bench will not. 

Looks like Sewell, maybe Fields, or Parsons will be a Falcon. Maybe Chase.

2 hours ago, blknoble357 said:

Maybe for a year or two. Until we can move on from Noodle Arm Ryan, after watching Drew Brees performance the other night and his was one of the best in the league at QB and Ryan is nowhere in Drews Orbit.  Ryan in his prime couldn't push the ball down the field like Drew; so yes Ryan's days are number.....😂

If you watched brees then you also saw a man 2 years his senior outplay him. Ryan is going nowhere. And qb would be a wasted pick at this point in time.

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

Who do you have at FS. Surtain and Terrell with good FS can make this defense Harry good.

There's a plan. Build the defense outside in, that always is a solid plan. 

Can't get pressure on the QB without blitzing, but yeah another corner is the play. Gotcha.

4 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

There's a plan. Build the defense outside in, that always is a solid plan. 

Can't get pressure on the QB without blitzing, but yeah another corner is the play. Gotcha.

People want to praise the best FOs and their BPA drafting, but once the possibility of it happening here occurs, now it's stupid

19 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

To be fair, did you see that game against that team where Justin Fields put the whole team on his back and overcame clear talent and coaching deficiencies? What was that team?

Alabama I think it was. 

Anyway, it was awesome. 

Man don't be dissin on justin fields. Don't you know that he's randall cunningham, bart starr, joe montana, and superman rolled into one package? If we draft him at #4 our football woes will be over for the next 15 years at which time he will immediately be inducted into the HOF without having to wait 5 yrs.