So now with TF saying BPA at 4.. This all but guarantees a QB pick for us right?

How about Caleb Farley? If he runs in the 4.3s he may vault into top 5 IMO

Farley is a two-time honoree on Bruce Feldman's annual freaks list, has blazed a 40 as fast as 4.35 and was reportedly clocked at over 24 miles per hour on GPS trackers during the Notre Dame game last season.Jul 30, 2020

57 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Fields is going 2 whether the Jets or some team they trade back with takes him.  He's not going to be there at 4, and Wilson is absolutely not BPA at 4.

Why not? Specifically what’s wrong with Wilson? How do you know absolutely for sure that Wilson is not the BPA at 4? Are you a football fortune teller? Are you paid millions of dollars to provide this absolute info for NFL teams? If not, you do not know more than the rest of us pal

13 minutes ago, athell said:

I'd tend to agree.  Though I'd add poor coaching, poor lines, and poor defense.

So follow up.  How do we address any of those areas by picking another QB at 4 when Matt isn't going anywhere for at least 2 years?

Even if he is here next year, which he will be (disagree with 2022), we are not winning the SB next year and most likely not even going to the playoffs. Odds favor this being a >.500 team. So, this premise of yet another reload with the same, now very old team, is just pushing along the inevitable in my eyes.

Better to just get the QB now, an get ahead of the curve not strive to band-aid this terrible team.

I also hold Ryan more accountable, you make that kind of money you don't have a 18-30 record. I like Ryan, but he gets a pass way too often. If he was in a ciry with real reporters that asked real questions, he would be crucified, for that record. 

Edited by PointSwayzee

4 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Why not? Specifically what’s wrong with Wilson? How do you know absolutely for sure that Wilson is not the BPA at 4? Are you a football fortune teller? Are you paid millions of dollars to provide this absolute info for NFL teams? If not, you do not know more than the rest of us pal

He's not...he will go #2 overall. 

Just now, PointSwayzee said:

Even if he is here next year, which he will be (disagree with 2022), we are not winning the SB next year and most likely not even going to the playoffs. Odd favor this being a >.500 team. So, this premise of yet another reload with the same, now very old team, is just pushing along the inevitable in my eyes.

Better to just get the QB now, an get ahead of the curve not strive to band-aid this terrible team.

I also hold Ryan more accountable, you make that kind of money you don't have a 18-30 record.

Arthur smith and Fontenot will be on hot seat if this team doesn’t win next year. AB said he expects the team to win now and there is no multi year rebuild. Two losing seasons, new GM and HC isn’t far fetched.

19 minutes ago, athell said:

Not to mention, if that is the logic, why do we default to QB if there is no QB talent worth a top 5 pick outside of Lawrence?  You don't take a position just to take a position by default.

20 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I’m implying nobody knows how his board will be so a QB might not be the bpa at 4. 

Exactly.

Some on this board have 3 QBs as top 4 picks just because they see it on the mock drafts from CBS, ESPN, and other sports media outlets.

Mock drafts aren't NFL teams draft boards. Teams draft boards can be very different.

That's why you see players surprisingly fall or get drafted much higher than expected every year.

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Arthur smith and Fontenot will be on hot seat if this team doesn’t win next year. AB said he expects the team to win now and there is no multi year rebuild. Two losing seasons, new GM and HC isn’t far fetched.

That's what I don't get. Keep seeing this BS that Blank won't tie the hands of a new regime. Is not expecting to revamp the s-show of a team, with zero cap space, as unbelievably unrealistic as I think it is?

8 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Even if he is here next year, which he will be (disagree with 2022), we are not winning the SB next year and most likely not even going to the playoffs. Odd favor this being a >.500 team. So, this premise of yet another reload with the same, now very old team, is just pushing along the inevitable in my eyes.

I also hold Ryan more accountable, you make that kind of money you don't have a 18-30 record.

How can you even seriously say that given we haven't even made it to free agency or the draft?  That's a pretty bold statement for someone that hasn't seen a single snap of an Arthur Smith Falcon offense or a single acquisition of a Terry Fontnot Falcon GM.

You are under the (false) assumption that a quick turnaround is out of the question, and it's not.  Losing Dirk alone and landing a guy like AS is a HUGE, and I cannot understate this enough, HUGE win for this team.  If Dirk didn't bottom out this offense, our record is much closer to 9-7 than it is 4-12.  If we didn't have the Dan Quinn experience for the first quarter of the year, and based on dvoa swings and change in play we saw in Raheem taking over, our record is much closer to 9-7 than it is 4-12.

People like you just cannot wrap your brains around the fact that football is a team game, and 1 man cannot shoulder the burden of the other 21.  Matt's career has been surrounded with nothing but poor olines, poor dlines, no run game and poor defenses and people like you would rather point the finger at the QB like some be all end all instead of the fire around him.  It honestly makes no sense.  You just admitted all the problems with the team, none of which were QB, and yet you want to draft a QB at 4.  Makes perfect sense.

8 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Exactly.

Some on this board have 3 QBs as top 4 picks just because they see it on the mock drafts from CBS, ESPN, and other sports media outlets.

Mock drafts aren't NFL teams draft boards. Teams draft boards can be very different.

That's why you see players surprisingly fall or get drafted much higher than expected every year.

I am ok if Arthur Smith thinks there is once in a generation talent at QB. It’s the HC and GM putting their jobs on the line. The first guy to be run out of town with first round QB bust is the GM. 

2 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

That's what I don't get. Keep seeing this BS that Blank won't tie the hands of a new regime. Is not expecting to revamp the s-show of a team, with zero cap space, as unbelievably unrealistic as I think it is?

He is not tying their hands. He wants to win now, he is paying them money. AB doesn’t care about their feelings on Matt Ryan. If They want to draft a QB, go ahead and win.

3 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He is not tying their hands. He wants to win now, he is paying them money. AB doesn’t care about their feelings on Matt Ryan. If They want to draft a QB, go ahead and win.

The irony here is these trash posters deserve this trash version of this franchise.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I am ok if Arthur Smith thinks there is once in a generation talent at QB. It’s the HC and GM putting their jobs on the line. The first guy to be run out of time with first round QB bust is the GM. 

I wouldn't be upset if they do go QB at #4.

It's just I don't understand why people think saying BPA insures that it's 100% QB and no one else.

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I wouldn't be upset if they do go QB at #4.

It's just I don't understand why people think saying BPA insures that it's 100% QB and no one else.

Yes and win. Draft a QB, play him. These guys aren’t gonna play Madden with Ryan and Julio easily with cap implications. AB isn’t getting any younger nor he thinks this team needs a multi year rebuild.

1 minute ago, athell said:

The irony here is these trash posters deserve this trash version of this franchise.

Irony is you have probably supported all these move to get us where we are now, because you are a better and smarter fan than myself.

So, really this is your squad. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Yes and win. These guys aren’t gonna play Madden with Ryan and Julio easily with cap implications. AB isn’t getting any younger nor he thinks this team needs a multi year rebuild.

AB always know whats best for this franchise. Laughable.