So now with TF saying BPA at 4.. This all but guarantees a QB pick for us right?

22 minutes ago, athell said:

Yup!  These fools don't remember the dark years.  Grass ain't always greener.

It blows my mind how many people clamor for new QB and treat it as the silver bullet. Half the ******* league is running around trying to lock down a consistent QB. Matty Ice is a ******* tank that can throw dimes 

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

No. Top 5 QB picks for most part have been huge duds in last decade or so.

want me to start listing some tackle busts for you too?

since 2012

Matt Khalil, Bust

Greg Robinson, Bust

Luck Joeckel, Bust

Lane Johnson, good when not on PED's

Eric Fisher, terrible for a long time

Brandon Scherff, ****ty tackle, saved career at Guard

How about WR?

Justin Blackmon, Bust

Sammy Watkins, injury issues but for all intents and purposes Bust

Amari Cooper, good

Corey Davis, Bust

The last great OT in the top 5 was Trent Williams in 2010. I will take my chances at Quarterback, theres no sure thing at any position.

4 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

I'm really hoping for a trade down, pick up a decent haul of draft capital, and go get Najee Harris mid-to-late 1st round. 

Agreed.  

Most of the time I'd say utilize the one high pick, but this team, right now, has lots of holes to fill, and this year's #4 could render a significant couple of really nice picks;  they should make the smart move and deal the pick.  

45 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Both of those guys invest heavy in OL or at least were on teams that did (there was a thread on that topic). I think if Sewell is there he almost certain is the guy, Sewell or Parsons (esp. with a 3-4 move) but who knows... Dolphins probably take Sewell or Chase/Smith (WR) 

I'm thinking Dolphins go WR so Sewell has a solid chance of being there. Wouldnt be mad at all if we took him. Still preferring a trade down above all but he'd be a solid pick obviously and realistic too. Parsons I'm not so high on. I like Zavien Collins just as much

27 minutes ago, Romfal said:

fine, that still leaves QB WR and OT as the most likely outcomes. Give me QB all day, highest impact position by far. 

Your not getting it.

Apparently, we have a really good team right now despite going 18-30 over the last 3 seasons. That in which the 30+ million $$ franchise QB has missed exactly 1 game. Just one 38 year old coach and green GM are going to make that happen in their first year, at 37 million over the cap with 31 players under contract. Man I hated Quinn/TD with every fiber of my being as a coach/GM, but these players suck for the most part.

So, if we get one of these defensive players and he is a day 1 starter, apparently there is no bust factor like there would be with the QB's (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson). These are all can't miss guys, locks and instantly, turn us into 10+ win team and a real chance at the Superbowl.

Going to be a fun offseason🤘.

Edited by PointSwayzee

Just now, PointSwayzee said:

Your not getting it.

Apparently, we have a really good team right now despite going 18-30 over the last 3 seasons. That in which the 30+ million $$ franchise QB has missed exactly 1 game. Just one 38 year old coach and green GM are going to make that happen in their first year, at 37 million over the cap with 31 players under contract. Man I hated Quinn/TD with every fiber of my being as a coach, but these players suck for the most part.

So, if we get one of these defensive players and he is a day 1 starter, apparently there is no bust factor like there would be with the QB's (Lawrence, Fields, Wilson). These are all can't miss guys, locks and instantly, turn us into 10+ win team and a real chance at the Superbowl.

Going to be a fun offseason🤘.

Serious question.  Why is it that you think we are 18-30 over the last 3 seasons?

Just now, PointSwayzee said:

Serious answer. Lack of execution, a supreme lack of talent at  the safety, DE and RB...how about you?

I'd tend to agree.  Though I'd add poor coaching, poor lines, and poor defense.

So follow up.  How do we address any of those areas by picking another QB at 4 when Matt isn't going anywhere for at least 2 years?

23 minutes ago, Romfal said:

want me to start listing some tackle busts for you too?

since 2012

Matt Khalil, Bust

Greg Robinson, Bust

Luck Joeckel, Bust

Lane Johnson, good when not on PED's

Eric Fisher, terrible for a long time

Brandon Scherff, ****ty tackle, saved career at Guard

How about WR?

Justin Blackmon, Bust

Sammy Watkins, injury issues but for all intents and purposes Bust

Amari Cooper, good

Corey Davis, Bust

The last great OT in the top 5 was Trent Williams in 2010. I will take my chances at Quarterback, theres no sure thing at any position.

I don’t want Falcons to pick a tackle or a WR. 

19 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Agreed.  

Most of the time I'd say utilize the one high pick, but this team, right now, has lots of holes to fill, and this year's #4 could render a significant couple of really nice picks;  they should make the smart move and deal the pick.  

Same. Most of the time I see other fans screaming for a trade down and I'm not with it at all. This year, though, it just feels like the right thing to do.