So now with TF saying BPA at 4.. This all but guarantees a QB pick for us right?

Just now, Romfal said:

keep planning season to season, I'm sure you will win a SB that way, never

It's not planning year to year. It's understanding the financial impact of parking or cutting MR2, understanding that the QB position is not an immediate position of need, understanding that our shortcomings have been on the defensive side of the ball for 20 years now, and understanding that the offense will see a resurgence with an Offensive HC at the helm.

Build a D. That's how you win a championship. Not with a rookie QB.

11 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You don't even have to go back to 2016. This is from 2020 but his arm is shot? Yep. Dumbasses!!

If that one isn't good enough what about this one here from 2019 when he couldn't even step into the throw? This was all arm. The only people that talk about Ryan's "lack of arm strength" are stupid people that don't know football.

Kinda, but qb's with really strong arms dont need a 4 step wind up to get the ball down field.. Ryan just dosnt have the arm strength to throw the balll down field instantly.. He definitely has to have a launching pad to get it done

1 minute ago, Slumerican said:

Kinda, but qb's with really strong arms dont need a 4 step wind up to get the ball down field.. Ryan just dosnt have the arm strength to throw the balll down field instantly.. He definitely has to have a launching pad to get it done

Quarterbacks need to throw from a stable platform?

Did someone tell QB coaches of this phenomenon?  Is that why QBs don't take the snap from a seated position?

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

It's not planning year to year. It's understanding the financial impact of parking or cutting MR2, understanding that the QB position is not an immediate position of need, understanding that our shortcomings have been on the defensive side of the ball for 20 years now, and understanding that the offense will see a resurgence with an Offensive HC at the helm.

Build a D. That's how you win a championship. Not with a rookie QB.

Theres also value of a rookie sitting and learning from a former MVP instead of putting him out there day 1. Its a good problem to have.

31 minutes ago, insight said:

Trevor Lawrence is the highest rated player regardless of position on nearly everybody draft sites. He is rated as a generational talent.  Sewell would be the next highest rated player on most sites.  It is true QB's are valued more than other positions but Trevor is the highest rated player period. 

He's only the highest rated for a few teams. Do you think KC has Trevor the highest rated on their board? Nope. What about Baltimore? or GB? or Any team with "their" QB?

Highest rated is fully dependent on the needs of a team.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Quarterbacks need to throw from a stable platform?

Did someone tell QB coaches of this phenomenon?  Is that why QBs don't take the snap from a seated position?

We both know some qb's have an amazing ability to get the ball down field even on the run.. Im not saying it makes or breaks a qb's career.. Ryan just dosnt have that ability 

Just now, Slumerican said:

We both know some qb's have an amazing ability to get the ball down field even on the run.. Im not saying it makes or breaks a qb's career.. Ryan just dosnt have that ability 

Ryan was fantastic throwing on the run in 16.  He would be today if we ever bothered to move the pocket.

This is just silly.

7 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Ryan was fantastic throwing on the run in 16.  He would be today if we ever bothered to move the pocket.

This is just silly.

Its not silly, its a fact.. I dont believe what you're trying to say is silly.. I do see your point of view.. Its more like reality 

16 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

He's only the highest rated for a few teams. Do you think KC has Trevor the highest rated on their board? Nope. What about Baltimore? or GB? or Any team with "their" QB?

Highest rated is fully dependent on the needs of a team.

Not necessarily. If you are looking at it purely from a football perspective and not team perspective, then technically Trevor might be.  

Just now, Romfal said:

Theres also value of a rookie sitting and learning from a former MVP instead of putting him out there day 1. Its a good problem to have.

This is a misnomer. If you draft a player in the top 5-10, they are expected to come in and play, day one. If you pick a QB at 4, they're playing. Here, this is history...

Burrow, Tua, Herbert all played. Love didn't, but we heard the howling for Love at the beginning of the year.

19... Kyler, Jones, Haskins.

18... Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Jackson. All played.

17... Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson. All played (Mahomes started 1 game.)

16... Goff, Wentz, Lynch. All played.

15... Winston, Mariota All played.

14... Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater All played.

13... Manual All played.

12... Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Weeden All played.

11... Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder All played.

Strikethrough is dudes who either aren't playing anymore, have been cut/traded/released, or just don't play at a level worthy of their position.

30 QBs in the first round since 2011. Of those, only 1 didn't play. We'll say 2, even though Mahomes did play 1 game. Of those 30, 11 are doing at least "ok" (being generous with young guys like Burrow, Herbert, Kyler, Jones). Only 1 has stayed relevant in the league for more than 5 years, Tannehill. And he was mostly done until he went to TN.

So... Lets look at what we can see here.... Most QBs come in and fail to stick. Almost all taken in the 1st round play.

So, why do you think history will change?

3 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Not necessarily. If you are looking at it purely from a football perspective and not team perspective, then technically Trevor might be.  

Nah... You're only worth what someone will pay. Fact of the matter is, we can't look at the draft from a "purely football perspective". There's context, and context matters. To a team like NE, Lawrence is more valuable than he is to a team like KC.

QBs get inflated due to the importance of the position. With that said, if you have a QB, the position isn't as important as another position may be...

I understand a lot of folks here have been saying that the 4-12 Falcons team of 2020 lost a lot of close games and had the lowest point differential ever for a team with only 4 wins, and that we're only a few pieces away from being a contender, the fact that we could have easily had 10 or 11 wins this past season had all those close last second losses we had, were close last second wins instead.

This rhetoric might be true, however, here's the thing, we finished with a strong 6-2 in the second half of 2019 after starting 1-7, and that was supposed to carry us into 2020 and it didn't. I'm not gonna say that losing close games in 2020 will carry us to winning those close games in 2021. Next season will be a completely different year & roster. We don't know depending on the decisions that are about to be made.

I'm completely with Terry Fontenot on drafting the best player available. You need that huge sense of urgency. “I would say we never want to reach for needs,” Fontenot said. “We want to stack the board. We want to be consistent. It’s never a bad thing to add to a strength." I love this mentality. I didn't feel those vibes at all from Dimitroff or Quinn for that matter.

Now, there's the thing, we are gonna know a lot about the hires of Terry Fontenot and Arthur Smith with the following 3 factors. #1: What they do in the draft. #2: What they do in free agency. #3: Most importantly, what they do before June 1st with the cuts and cap relief, which will not be easy with the tight situation we're in right now. Then from there, it's all about the roster, and how the players perform throughout 2021 with what we have based on what was done throughout the off season....

2 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Did you miss the one from 2019? The one that was all arm cause he couldn't step into it and it went 55 yards in the air?

14 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Did you miss the one from 2019? The one that was all arm cause he couldn't step into it and it went 55 yards in the air?

No, I saw it.. But I also saw several moon balls he threw too.. Im sure we both did.. Ive gave Ryan alot of compliments over the years.. Imo, hes one of the smartest qb's in the league right now.. Im just not delusional enough to say Ryan has or ever had a strong arm down field 

8 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Bruh Ryan doesn’t have a big arm let it go, his deep ball have no zip on them and usually a WR has to come back to the ball

It's really more the extremism than anything. Ryan doesn't have the strongest arm in the league, but saying he's weak/has a "noodle arm" is also very inaccurate. I can understand saying that he's not one of the strongest arms in the league, but that doesn't equal him being one of the weakest.

14 minutes ago, hjerry said:

It's really more the extremism than anything. Ryan doesn't have the strongest arm in the league, but saying he's weak/has a "noodle arm" is also very inaccurate. I can understand saying that he's not one of the strongest arms in the league, but that doesn't equal him being one of the weakest.

Exactly. Just because he's not Rodgers or Mahomes doesn't mean he has a weak arm. It's a ridiculous notice. Chad Pennington had a weak arm. Matt Ryan has never come close to having a weak arm.

13 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I agree  with you on this ,, I'd say he is in the top 10 as far as accuracy and strength of Arm. No doubt in my mind.. I'm only wanted us to get a QB with our first pick for two reasons.. 1.WE don't have a backup QB, 2. This year we are in a position with the #4 pick to get a Great Backup and future starter when Ryan steps down.. 

1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Didn’t say it was weak or a noodle but those balls don’t have that same effortless zip we see from other QBs