So now with TF saying BPA at 4.. This all but guarantees a QB pick for us right?

43 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

How do you know we are moving to a 3-4 defense?

15 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I don't... we might not. I meant to say that IF we move to 3-4.

When asked about the defense A. Smith mentioned about being multiple. Which more than likely running hybrid scheme.

But based on how Dean Pees runs his defense if he does come on board, then it will more than likely be geared towards more 3-4 principles.

4 hours ago, hjerry said:

2007 vs 2008

Sometimes it really is as simple as a few changes and better (competent) coaching to make a team competitive again

BINGO!!! The roster from 2007 to 2008 was nearly the same except for QB and RB. Everything else was nearly the same. Went from 4 wins to 11 wins. But somehow we're in much much worse shape now. Makes no sense.

4 hours ago, hjerry said:

Apparently we decided to just omit the entire 2016 season from our memory

You want a new QB? Fine, but don't play revisionist history to make your argument. It hurts you more than it helps you

You don't even have to go back to 2016. This is from 2020 but his arm is shot? Yep. Dumbasses!!

If that one isn't good enough what about this one here from 2019 when he couldn't even step into the throw? This was all arm. The only people that talk about Ryan's "lack of arm strength" are stupid people that don't know football.

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

No idea man. Hes more in the mood of his father. That's the closest comparison I have to him. Their playing style is similar. Physical, smart, gliding instead of twitchy, shutdown.

Loved his dad when he was playing for the Dolphins. Goodness me the Dolphins had some stud defensive players back in the early 2000s.

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Who do you have at FS. Surtain and Terrell with good FS can make this defense Harry good.

Look at how close we are to an elite defense. Check out how they compare to the Steelers who do have an elite defense.

• Hurry Percentage = Steelers 13.0% (2nd) - Falcons 10.7% (7th)
  • QB Knockdown Percentage = Steelers 12.7% (1st) - Falcons 9.4% (9th)
  • Pressure Percentage = Steelers 33.3% (1st) - Falcons 23.6% (12th)
  • Sacks = Steelers 56 (1st) - Falcons 29 (24th)

With a little better coverage these pressures will start turning into sacks and this defense will become elite. Falcons can get pressure, they just can't get sacks because they're just that 1 step away needed to get a sack because of a lack of coverage.

This team is so close to being a serious legit Super Bowl contender.

2 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

There's a plan. Build the defense outside in, that always is a solid plan. 

Can't get pressure on the QB without blitzing, but yeah another corner is the play. Gotcha.

Maybe because the QB never has to hold onto the ball. We could have a DL of 4 clones of Reggie White out there and it wouldn't make much difference when the QB can get rid of the ball in less than 2.5 seconds because of ****ty coverage.

There's numbers out there that say the Falcons are very very close to having an elite defense. I'll post them for you, if you pay very close attention you'll see how we stack up against the elite Steelers defense.

7 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t want Falcons to pick a tackle or a WR. 

thought this was a discussion about taking BPA at 4. those 3 positions are it as far as I'm concerned. No thanks to linebackers in top 10.

15 hours ago, athell said:

We need to fix the DL, we need to fix the running game and grab a RB or two, we need Safeties worth a dang, we need edge rushers, and what do y'all do in response?  Draft a qb out of byu...

You all deserve a miserable franchise.

Well said !

17 hours ago, Romfal said:

fine, that still leaves QB WR and OT as the most likely outcomes. Give me QB all day, highest impact position by far. 

In order to make an impact, you need to be on the field. There isn't a single QB in this draft that would beat MR2 in training camp this year.

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

In order to make an impact, you need to be on the field. There isn't a single QB in this draft that would beat MR2 in training camp this year.

Stop drinking the Kool Aid man!  If the Falcons had the #1 pick Matt Ryan would be cut during the offseason just like Peyton Manning. 

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

QB's are almost never the BPA, and they sure aren't in this draft. 

Who do the professional scouts say are the highest rated players in this draft?  Who are you getting your draft profile information from? 

Just now, insight said:

Who do the professional scouts say are the highest rated players in this draft?  Who are you getting your draft profile information from? 

Highest rated and best available are not the same thing. QB's get overdrafted because of positional importance, not because of them being better players than the WR's, LB's, or OLinemen.

3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

Highest rated and best available are not the same thing. QB's get overdrafted because of positional importance, not because of them being better players than the WR's, LB's, or OLinemen.

Trevor Lawrence is the highest rated player regardless of position on nearly everybody draft sites. He is rated as a generational talent.  Sewell would be the next highest rated player on most sites.  It is true QB's are valued more than other positions but Trevor is the highest rated player period. 

Edited by insight

1 minute ago, insight said:

Trevor Lawrence is the highest rated player regardless of position on nearly everybody draft sites. He is rated as a generational talent.  Sewell would be the next highest rated player on most sites. 

We're not getting Lawrence at 4 so he's irrelevant. And again, highest rated is not the same as BPA.

7 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

...which will even be more pronounced this year with no combine.

Yeah...this draft is going to be the most interesting one by far.

With several high profile players opting out of last year and the lack of combine and in person interviews.

Just now, Lornoth said:

We're not getting Lawrence at 4 so he's irrelevant. 

Your right,  I was pointing out from all I have read QB is the BPA in this years draft.   Ratings wise there are no generational defensive players in this draft.  Wondered what you were reading that said otherwise.  

Just now, insight said:

Your right,  I was pointing out from all I have read QB is the BPA in this years draft.   Ratings wise there are no generational defensive players in this draft.  Wondered what you were reading that said otherwise.  

I'm just saying that Font saying he likes BPA doesn't at all imply we're going QB. The odds of the 3'rd QB taken being BPA at spot #4 is astronomical. 

34 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

keep planning season to season, I'm sure you will win a SB that way, never

24 minutes ago, insight said:

Stop drinking the Kool Aid man!  If the Falcons had the #1 pick Matt Ryan would be cut during the offseason just like Peyton Manning. 

No, he wouldn't. Can't afford it. This ain't Madden.

And Peyton was a different situation. He had been out the entire year prior, he was recovering from 4 surgeries, and he had a $28mil roster bonus. No one, including Manning, knew how his recovery was going to go. The cap hit for releasing him was offset by the savings. They actually talked about restructuring his deal to keep him, but ultimately, that wasn't what Manning wanted to do.