So now with TF saying BPA at 4.. This all but guarantees a QB pick for us right?

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody knows his draft board so that might not even be the case

If it’s BPA, Penei, Chase, Smith, and Parsons are all guys that arguably better players than Fields and/or Wilson. Saying he likes to draft BPA does not mean we are for sure taking a QB by any means. 

No.  Not at all 

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

I looked at his profile, more I look at Surgain, I like him more for the Falcons. He can fit right in and add a good FS, it will be nasty dEfensive backfield. 

Surtain doesnt have the top end speed. I want to see his pro day numbers

23 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

What benefit it provides other than huge dead cap of 40 M next two years? What would the team gain by doing the trade?

Matts cap hit is 40 million because Dimi restructured his contract.  That type of cap hit takes away your ability to fill the other holes on the roster. We have zero cap space to work with without asking him to restructure again which will just create the same issue moving forward. 

I have heard if you trade a player and have him agree to pay back his roster bonus  and have the new team compensate the player you can reduce the dead cap money.  I would consider all those options and do what's best for the Falcons long term. 

Edited by insight
54 minutes ago, insight said:

The Falcons have been changing coaches every offseason for the last 5 years.  This was the 3rd losing season in a row and we  were a joke this season going 4-12. There is no  Chase Young blue chipper at the top of the draft and the falcons have more problems than we have money to fix them with. 

So if we draft a QB at 4 all of the Falcons problems will be solved? 

5 hours ago, booty-mane said:

It blows my mind how many people clamor for new QB and treat it as the silver bullet. Half the ******* league is running around trying to lock down a consistent QB. Matty Ice is a ******* tank that can throw dimes 

You mean throwing dimes into a Water Fountain 

4 minutes ago, insight said:

Matts cap hit is 40 million because Dimi restructured his contract.  That type of cap hit takes away your ability to fill the other holes on the roster. We have zero cap space to work with without asking him to restructure again which will just create the same issue moving forward. 

I have heard if you trade a player and have him agree to pay back his roster bonus  and have the new team compensate the player you can reduce the dead cap money.  I would consider all those options and do what's best for the Falcons long term. 

When has that actually been done before though?

The only reason why we even know of this is because of Mike Tannenbaum mentioning it. Tannenbaum was an awful GM.

5 hours ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

I'm really hoping for a trade down, pick up a decent haul of draft capital, and go get Najee Harris mid-to-late 1st round. 

That is what I hope happens. That would be my dream scenario come true. Get Najee Harris with a mid-to-late 1st round pick and have a couple extra high picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts? Sign me up!!

5 hours ago, athell said:

Bet.

If they don't draft a QB at 4, @JD dirtybird21 bans your account.

No, wait...i'm out. Misunderstood the challenge.

Chase is too small for my liking at 4, even though he plays bigger than he is, kinda like Diggs.

I do like Surtain.

I think we can trade down a few spots and really take advantage of this draft, gain a couple extra, what should be, important picks.

1 minute ago, wnyfalconfan said:

So if we draft a QB at 4 all of the Falcons problems will be solved? 

No, not at all.  Drafting a QB at 4 only makes sense if the coach and GM feel they have their Franchise QB of the future.  Hopefully the Falcons will not be 4-12 moving forward so getting someone who could take over for Ryan in a couple of years would be huge.  

6 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

No, wait...i'm out. Misunderstood the challenge.

Chase is too small for my liking at 4, even though he plays bigger than he is, kinda like Diggs.

I do like Surtain.

I think we can trade down a few spots and really take advantage of this draft, gain a couple extra, what should be, important picks.

Lol all good and I agree completely

3 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

When has that actually been done before though?

The only reason why we even know of this is because of Mike Tannenbaum mentioning it. Tannenbaum was an awful GM.

You are right, I don't know if it's doable or not.  In my opinion everything should be on the table and I hope the new staff is thinking outside of the box.  I would love Matt Ryan and Julio today say, I will take a pay cut so the team can improve the roster  but you know that's not happening. 

1 minute ago, insight said:

No, not at all.  Drafting a QB at 4 only makes sense if the coach and GM feel they have their Franchise QB of the future.  Hopefully the Falcons will not be 4-12 moving forward so getting someone who could take over for Ryan in a couple of years would be huge.  

I don't think it's even so much as having their QB of the future. I think it's more about how long do they see Ryan being the QB of the present.

That will determine when they feel it's suitable to draft Ryan's replacement. Whether it's this draft, next draft, or even possibly a little further down the road.

I think it maybe a year to year process with Ryan.

43 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Arthur Smith more or less confirmed that Ryan is safe. 

No he did not. His words were, "I am looking forward to working with him." He wants to implement a wide zone read heavy on play action with power running and he isn't all about running the ball, he likes to throw it as well. 

12 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

I don't think it's even so much as having their QB of the future. I think it's more about how long do they see Ryan being the QB of the present.

That will determine when they feel it's suitable to draft Ryan's replacement. Whether it's this draft, next draft, or even possibly a little further down the road.

I think it maybe a year to year process with Ryan.

The year to year option would be preferable but Ryan's cap hit is so high  I think they are forced to restructure his contract past 2022 or absorb the cap hit in 2021 and 2022 so you can move him if you want.  There are no easy answers, I just hope these guys make solid decisions and have a plan to build a superbowl contender. 

Edited by insight