Jump to content

So now with TF saying BPA at 4.. This all but guarantees a QB pick for us right?


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Looks like Sewell, maybe Fields, or Parsons will be a Falcon. Maybe Chase.

 I know Fontenot talked about BPA but if you take Sewell, do you trade Matthews? He can't play guard. Sewell probably can't. Most tackles can't. Parsons would be fine. With the right DC he could be a game wrecker. Move him around and let him attack the line of scrimmage. Personally, I would love a trade down if they can do it. Otherwise get a blue chip defender

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Ehh, I wouldn't go that far. He's still a 1st round talent, maybe even top 15, but drafting ratings curve on QBs is really sharp

Not in my eyes. No doubt someone will waste a pick on him, they do every year, but it wouldn't be me is all Im staying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

Better coaching and drafting a blue chip defender at 4 will fix a some of the Falcons problems. Drafting the 3rd or 4th best QB in the draft and have him sit on the bench will not. 

The Falcons have been changing coaches every offseason for the last 5 years.  This was the 3rd losing season in a row and we  were a joke this season going 4-12. There is no  Chase Young blue chipper at the top of the draft and the falcons have more problems than we have money to fix them with. 

 

Edited by insight
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

 I know Fontenot talked about BPA but if you take Sewell, do you trade Matthews? He can't play guard. Sewell probably can't. Most tackles can't. Parsons would be fine. With the right DC he could be a game wrecker. Move him around and let him attack the line of scrimmage. Personally, I would love a trade down if they can do it. Otherwise get a blue chip defender

There are no defense players who are going to anchor your defense or have a huge impact from day 1.  The strength of this draft is on offense. I,m tired of the Beasley, Takk, McGary non impact picks. We need ballers! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Williamb said:

Man don't be dissin on justin fields. Don't you know that he's randall cunningham, bart starr, joe montana, and superman rolled into one package? If we draft him at #4 our football woes will be over for the next 15 years at which time he will immediately be inducted into the HOF without having to wait 5 yrs.

Don’t under sell him. He will be in HOF by his fifth year in the league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What if BPA stood for Player with the best chance to get your football team consistently in the playoffs for the next decade?  Would that be a DB like the Lions took last year at pick #3?  Or could it be the QB that the Chargers took at #6?  Its not that Ryan is terrible but he certainly isn't elite.  The four QB's still in the playoffs include three that possess elite arms and the 4th is the GOAT.  If the Falcons deem a QB worth the fourth overall pick in the draft take him.  By getting a QB on a rookie contract that frees up a lot of money to build a team with.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

What if BPA stood for Player with the best chance to get your football team consistently in the playoffs for the next decade?  Would that be a DB like the Lions took last year at pick #3?  Or could it be the QB that the Chargers took at #6?  Its not that Ryan is terrible but he certainly isn't elite.  The four QB's still in the playoffs include three that possess elite arms and the 4th is the GOAT.  If the Falcons deem a QB worth the fourth overall pick in the draft take him.  By getting a QB on a rookie contract that frees up a lot of money to build a team with.   

Not when you're still paying ryan 40mil and paying his backup 6mil/yr to sit the bench for 2 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Ehh, I wouldn't go that far. He's still a 1st round talent, maybe even top 15, but drafting ratings curve on QBs is really sharp

I know right, what in the the blank is he thinking or talking about, I wont to say something but I just got back on today...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

We finish at .500 if these 4 plays happen

Recover an onside kick 

Catch an interception in out hands ( or recover the fumble after missing the int)

Not score a TD in the waiting moments of a game.

Hold on to another int in the end zone.

Littlerally if those 4 plays go the other way then we are .500

That is not even counting the other 3 games that we had leads in the 4th quarter in.

There is a legit argument that we should....not could, not maybe, but should have won 9-10 games.

So the idea that nothing will make us a contender next year is flat incorrect.

 

 

 

Yep. There is a reason we made the record book as the 3rd MOST UNDER performing team given the score differential; even without changing anything else. We should have won 7 or 8 games despite everything. That is how narrative glued the fake-smart "critics" are these days. If you can spot 1 flaw, everything else you present must be completely true...meanwhile when the context and validity is challenged...

Eh, these kids probably watch NBA and think 1 guy does it all. Has to be it. Or they play Madden...or both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Not in my eyes. No doubt someone will waste a pick on him, they do every year, but it wouldn't be me is all Im staying.

You arent the GM  nor the HC. Even the HC "said he can adapt his play and there is only 1 Derrick Henry" which leads me to believe whom the GM gets, they can plug and play. Some of you thought, they were going to come in here and Ryan is safe😅🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

You arent the GM  nor the HC. Even the HC "said he can adapt his play and there is only 1 Derrick Henry" which leads me to believe whom the GM gets, they can plug and play. Some of you thought, they were going to come in here and Ryan is safe😅🤣

Arthur Smith more or less confirmed that Ryan is safe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Someday soon said:

post June 1st cut (not gonna happen) or a post June 1st trade just maybe.  Agree in principle to a trade  then finalize it after June 1st to spread his dead money over two years.

What benefit it provides other than huge dead cap of 40 M next two years? What would the team gain by doing the trade?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

What benefit it provides other than huge dead cap of 40 M next two years? What would the team gain by doing the trade?

What harm could it do.  I assume you watch the team.  As a poster eloquently wrote the other day Ryan is not the problem nor is Ryan the solution.  Only jersey I have of a current Falcon is Ryan's but I can objectively watch and know Ryan has weaknesses and the QB position can be upgraded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Both of those guys invest heavy in OL or at least were on teams that did (there was a thread on that topic). I think if Sewell is there he almost certain is the guy, Sewell or Parsons (esp. with a 3-4 move) but who knows... Dolphins probably take Sewell or Chase/Smith (WR) 

How do you know we are moving to a 3-4 defense?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...