Arthur to Call his own Plays

2 questions for my fellow Falcons. 

How do most of you feel about Arthur calling his own plays?  The reason that I ask this is bc a lot of people here didn't want Bieniemy to call his own plays if he got the job. 

How do you think a 1st time coach handles both play calling and overseeing the team as a whole?  Be nice to hear what everyone's thoughts are on this.

Just now, KCFalcon22 said:

How do most of you feel about Arthur calling his own plays?  The reason that I ask this is bc a lot of people here didn't want Bieniemy to call his own plays if he got the job. 

How do you think a 1st time coach handles both play calling and overseeing the team as a whole?  Be nice to hear what everyone's thoughts are on this.

I think that's actually a requirement.  With McVay, Shanny, and LaFleur doing the same, we should expect no less from this hire.

Just now, JDaveG said:

I love it.  I would have been fine with Bieniemy doing it too, though.

I love it mainly because we won't have too many growing pains if the OC gets a head coaching job down the road.  Continuity on offense has been terrible since Ryan got here.

Now this is what intrigues me (same with EB).  I was all for EB and started to sour on him towards the end.  I didn't think of it this way but you are correct this saves the MATT HAS TO LEARN YET ANOTHER OC'S PLAYBOOK.  

big fan and the main reason I wanted an offensive coach. No chance of Shanahan happening all over again where we have a good thing going and they get a HC job and we have to bring in somebody else to do a patch job and it all goes down the toilet. its a lot easier to replace a defensive coordinator in my mind.

1 hour ago, KCFalcon22 said:

I'm fine with it.  We'll see how it goes.  Don't have to worry about losing him like Shanahan if he turns out to be some offensive genius.

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

I love it.  I would have been fine with Bieniemy doing it too, though.

I love it mainly because we won't have too many growing pains if the OC gets a head coaching job down the road.  Continuity on offense has been terrible since Ryan got here.

Bingo. 

1 minute ago, campdirtybirdz said:

Most of the best teams in the NFL have have head coaches calling their own plays. We thought that's what we were getting with Quinn when he got here, but it turns out Quinn wasn't the genius defensive mind we thought he was. 

Easy to be a genius defensive coach when you’re coaching the Legion of Boom.

5 minutes ago, campdirtybirdz said:

Most of the best teams in the NFL have have head coaches calling their own plays. We thought that's what we were getting with Quinn when he got here, but it turns out Quinn wasn't the genius defensive mind we thought he was. 

Most of the best offenses are that way.  

Chiefs and Taints immediately come to mind. 

One of the biggest things i look forward to seeing again from his scheme and calls is Julio catching slant and crossing routes again.   He was one of the best in the business at getting them in open space and then turning them up field for TD's for a good while there.   If Arthur can continue to scheme people open for good yac opportunities with the speed and ability of our WR's we will be unstoppable again.   My biggest problem with Koeetters play calls outside of them taking forever to run and get open is that their was very little yac potential on alot of them.