My friend’s son went missing. Any information would be a blessing.

1 hour ago, VTCrunkler said:

Lolz. He’s had enough damage. 

This reminds me of a time (of many) that I did something I was explicitly told not to do and got pretty banged up doing it. While at the ER getting checked out, my mom asked the doc if I’d be able to go home that night. The doc told her “Sure”. To which she replied, “Good. Now I can kill him without witnesses”.....

2 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Thank you Marvin.  Its truly God at work here in my opinion.  This could have gone so wrong.

Just the other day there was a guy who was trying to sell his car on Craigslist...dude he ended up being held up and abducted and then....much worse so with that backdrop as a worst case and what happened now (him being found safe)  is just too much to be coincidental.

Craigslist, I used to love buying stuff there but you can never be too careful. Lol. 

I just want to take a minute to say that the response in this thread from everyone is exactly why I wanted to be a mod in the first place. This isn’t social media. There wasn’t trolling or BS. All of y’all showed genuine care and effort for a fellow family member in this community. Yes, this is family. And exactly why I wanted to moderate and keep it running. I’ve known several of you for years. And this place is MY getaway for real sports talk. But I’ve also learned over the years that this is more than just a football forum. I’m blown away by the reaction from y’all in wanting to help @VTCrunkler

Much love, rise up

JD

7 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

@VTCrunkler

Just saw this update....you probably with the family and dont have time to update...so I got you.....I know Falcons fam was worried too...

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/police-searching-for-missing-20-year-old-brookhaven-cyclist

So good to hear!  Was just thinking about him and you today @VTCrunkler!  Thank God this is the outcome.  🙏

Feels so helpless not knowing where a loved one is much less their well being.. I have been there myself. But that is for another story-thread..   Was so relived to hear he was found and okay. How or why he ended up in Alabama is really secondary. 

Most important thing is he is HOME! 

And yeah it is nice as always to see everyone come together.. we all spend so much time arguing "At times",  I often forget we are all family.

GO FALCONS!

12 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

@VTCrunkler

Just saw this update....you probably with the family and dont have time to update...so I got you.....I know Falcons fam was worried too...

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/police-searching-for-missing-20-year-old-brookhaven-cyclist

This is the best scenario indeed! 

I am absolutely very pleasantly surprised and am relived that it appears things turned out this way. 

14 hours ago, Goober Pyle said:

This reminds me of a time (of many) that I did something I was explicitly told not to do and got pretty banged up doing it. While at the ER getting checked out, my mom asked the doc if I’d be able to go home that night. The doc told her “Sure”. To which she replied, “Good. Now I can kill him without witnesses”.....

haha.  oh to be young.  you must have done a number

14 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Craigslist, I used to love buying stuff there but you can never be too careful. Lol. 

yeah i dont do it cause of logistics.  i dont want to sell stuff out of my home, and im too lazy to go to a public place to talk about buying something, casue its all a negotiation at that point

13 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I just want to take a minute to say that the response in this thread from everyone is exactly why I wanted to be a mod in the first place. This isn’t social media. There wasn’t trolling or BS. All of y’all showed genuine care and effort for a fellow family member in this community. Yes, this is family. And exactly why I wanted to moderate and keep it running. I’ve known several of you for years. And this place is MY getaway for real sports talk. But I’ve also learned over the years that this is more than just a football forum. I’m blown away by the reaction from y’all in wanting to help @VTCrunkler

Much love, rise up

JD

Love this.  It warms my heart that yall took this seriously and showed genuine support.  

Much love

VT

13 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

How long was he in the hospital? It seems like they waited an awfully long time to contact the parents.

Since there's a happy ending can we now make this thread about michael thomas being missing?!

im not sure of the details at all.  I think the family wants to keep some stuff private?  I havent heard the story and no one is talking, so well let it ride for now.

Michael Thomas is officially on the clock

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yeah bro how do you get from Dresden to Alabama? Gotta be a woman involved. 😃

on a long road to perdition.  

im not real sure how it happened either.  im sure there is a backstory.  i will fill in as i can and as permitted.