Matt Ryan, establishing a culture, first official interview with Falcons Head Coach Arthur Smith

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if he's fired up? In seriousness, not the most eloquent guy in the world, but I'm sure his head is spinning right now with everything he's got going on. Did like hearing the thoughts on

“Smart team and good at situational football.” Man I sure hope that becomes true. 

Posted Images

I wonder if he's fired up?

In seriousness, not the most eloquent guy in the world, but I'm sure his head is spinning right now with everything he's got going on. Did like hearing the thoughts on how the organization was a selling point for him - further puts the hammer down on the folks saying this wasn't an attractive position.

Really hope he follows through on accountability - that, I think, is what was most lacking from the team from 2017-2020. 

I cannot imagine this not being at least top 2 opportunity for a qualified HC candidate. Sure. Rough season, it’s done. Sure, we have work to do. 
But of the clubs shopping coaches who has more pieces in the pipeline?  Who has as clear a path (near, 2 seasons) to a late run?  I get lashing out at last year or last coach or last play. But we are years ahead of teams like Texans or Jags.

I agree Detroit is close too, LAC too if I take off my fan shirt. But No Way Jets or Jags get there sooner. And Texans is a coaching death trap now. 
I see us in a pretty good position all things considered. Guess what I’m saying is Suck it, Bleacher Report!

Edited by Killing Floor

This may sound weird, but as much as I was a fan of Quinn, the more I heard him talk, the more I thought something was off about his broken record mannerisms that he repeated.  Arthur seems a bit rough around the edges, but you can see he's giving thought to his approach, and I think that mentality of thinking through every detail will ultimately lead to prolonged success as opposed to a flash in the pan type situation. 

16 minutes ago, Dr_truth189 said:

This may sound weird, but as much as I was a fan of Quinn, the more I heard him talk, the more I thought something was off about his broken record mannerisms that he repeated.  Arthur seems a bit rough around the edges, but you can see he's giving thought to his approach, and I think that mentality of thinking through every detail will ultimately lead to prolonged success as opposed to a flash in the pan type situation. 

I hope so. When watching Quinn over his career here, I always had the feeling that he was working on fundamentals but not evolving with the chancing nfl. I hope smith can evolve with the game. 

1 hour ago, direwolf said:

I wonder if he's fired up?

In seriousness, not the most eloquent guy in the world, but I'm sure his head is spinning right now with everything he's got going on. Did like hearing the thoughts on how the organization was a selling point for him - further puts the hammer down on the folks saying this wasn't an attractive position.

Really hope he follows through on accountability - that, I think, is what was most lacking from the team from 2017-2020. 

I don't give a **** if he talks like Ned from South Park.  Dude can coach.