Would you trade back with Denver with Drew Lock as part of the package?

31 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Drew Lock's decision making scares me.

You can coach that out of a QB, but that's not always the case.

This is why I never had any opinion about any Browns QB at all for the longest time...it's like how much is it the QB vs. the floundering dipassery around them? Look what happened with Tannedope.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just need to know...WHY??? Why would we do this?

Just hear me out everyone. Would you trade for a crappy QB just because I don't like Matt Ryan. I know it sounds crazy but imagine this. The Falcons get a new QB and some draft picks that probably won

30 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I wouldn’t hate it. He needs to learn/develop but has the physical tools. Seems like the kind of player that could benefit from learning behind Ryan for a couple seasons, while having enough experience to step in as a backup if needed. 

he would be a small part of the trade compensation IMO though, not a needle moving piece. I would think even if they took a QB, DEN would want Lock to compete for the role. I figure his trade value is at best a round 2 pick...as low as a 4th.

He'd be up for a new contract by then though.

14 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He'd be up for a new contract by then though.

That’s okay. His contract is up around the time Ryan is done and we either move on and draft a guy, or we have a QB who can step in and we re-sign him. If nothing else it’s a low cost to have a decent backup for a few years. Before this season Lock was getting some hype based on his flashes as a rookie, so it’s a bonus if he can be coached up.

I’m not pounding the table for the guy, just saying I wouldn’t have a fit about it either like some folks, which is why I said “I wouldn’t hate it”. I won’t say much more on it because it’s merely a hypothetical question that I answered with a little why behind it.

Would rather keep our 1st, draft a great OL or Defensive player to truly bolster our team, and trade a fifth to Jax for Gardner Minshew to learn from and back up Ryan for two years, then put Minshew's 37 TDs : 11 INT, 240 YPG, 62.9% completion, 26 year old self on the field and pick up right where we left off...

2 hours ago, Geneaut said:

Because we have one QB under contract next season. 

Drew Lock only has 2 years left on his rookie deal. Ryan will be here in 2021, he ain't going anywhere. So say you do that, then get rid of Ryan after 2021, then you've got to make a future decision on Drew Lock on only 1 year of seeing him play on your team (2022). Do you pay big money to keep him based on 1 year? I wouldn't be comfortable with it knowing that NFL history is full of QBs who had 1 really good year and never came close to repeating it. If I'm spending big money on a QB I wanna know it's a proven what I'm gonna get in return.

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

This is why I never had any opinion about any Browns QB at all for the longest time...it's like how much is it the QB vs. the floundering dipassery around them? Look what happened with Tannedope.

Yep, Dolphins were just bad under Joe Philbin and Adam Gase. Both were touted as offensive masterminds. It proved that they just looked good just because Aaron Rodgers(Philbin) and Peyton Manning(Gase) were their QBs that helped get them HC jobs.

Gase did Tannehill no favors. It's crazy that Adam Gase is only 42 years old and is already a former 2 time NFL HC.

Tannehill was never a bad QB prospect, just didn't have the right coaches around him in the NFL until he became a Titan.

As for Drew Lock, I'm not sure he can overcome his constant lack of judgement as a passer. He reminds me of a not as good Jay Cutler, minus the careless a-hole attitude.

3 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

If they really want a QB.... get them to ship Chubb, 9th and second this year... 

get Chubb in his rookie deal with the 5th year option...  plus you can grab surtain at 9... garb a 2nd to draft another DE or FS...

They ain't trading Chubb.

Especially with Von Miller on the back half of his career and currently under criminal investigation.

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I wouldn’t hate it. He needs to learn/develop but has the physical tools. Seems like the kind of player that could benefit from learning behind Ryan for a couple seasons, while having enough experience to step in as a backup if needed. 

he would be a small part of the trade compensation IMO though, not a needle moving piece. I would think even if they took a QB, DEN would want Lock to compete for the role. I figure his trade value is at best a round 2 pick...as low as a 4th.

The Josh Rosen trade from Arizona to Miami after one season is probably a good comparison but Lock put up a lot of bad tape this season so any team would be buying low on him.  He would probably be a throw in to any trade up.