If you're banking on Ryan for these last few years, we'll need an eraser.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I don’t think Arthur Smith needs an elite OL to work with. He had third string LT in Ten this year and they didn’t miss a beat. Invest in fixing the defense and Run game. 

I'll just never be mad at a pick in the trenches on either side of the ball at this position in the draft. Either Debo needs help staying clean on defense or Ryan can always use more time on offense. I don't think you can go wrong at either one.

Just now, ChickenBiscuit said:

I'll just never be mad at a pick in the trenches on either side of the ball at this position in the draft. Either Debo needs help staying clean on defense or Ryan can always use more time on offense. I don't think you can go wrong at either one.

Defensive line is gutted. That needs to be fixed. Pick some veteran journey guy like Chester in FA as stop gap. Arthur Smith showed he can work and compensate for guys who may not be even starters. 

7 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Right. The defense doesn’t have both starting safeties, CB, DE and DT. But we need to pick more OL. 

Yeah, if we draft Slater (a guy I actually love), it needs to be in a trade down where we add a 2nd/3rd this year plus 2nd next year.  

I would kill for something like this in the draft

Slater - 1st

Moehrig or Holland - 2nd

Javonte Williams - 2nd

Jaylen Twyman - 3rd

Ronnie Perkins - 3rd

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yeah, if we draft Slater (a guy I actually love), it needs to be in a trade down where we add a 2nd/3rd this year plus 2nd next year.  

I would kill for something like this in the draft

Slater - 1st

Moehrig or Holland - 2nd

Javonte Williams - 2nd

Jaylen Twyman - 3rd

Ronnie Perkins - 3rd

Or just pick a defensive playmaker. No need to fit a draft for certain player. 

24 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Defensive line is gutted. That needs to be fixed. Pick some veteran journey guy like Chester in FA as stop gap. Arthur Smith showed he can work and compensate for guys who may not be even starters. 

Agreed, im so over it has to be a qb or offensive linemen in the 1st.  Dirk was trash as a coordinator. Smith has more creativity in his left pinky nail than dirk has throughout his body.

Play to the talents of your team.  

33 minutes ago, falcons007 said:
34 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Right. The defense doesn’t have both starting safeties, CB, DE and DT. But we need to pick more OL. 

32 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

ou think it's unlikely or you're saying the board is too QB obsessed rn?

See above. You can never have too many good OL. But we have bigger needs. Plus a new HC that has shown he can develop the OL

31 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Feeling more and more confident that trade down is the way to go. Unless they see QB of the future at 4, we need contributors on rookie contracts as we move forward 

Exactly this. We need to plug in as many quality starters as is possible. We have holes all over the defense. Offensive line was fine, not very good but infinitely better than say our safeties our corners or our DEs. If we go offense I'd rather go RB on a trade down since that is also a huge need.