Panthers WR Coach Frisman Jackson Interviews for OC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol throwing around words like "puppet" when Smith has done literally nothing as head coach yet. He just got hired man. Give him some time.

We could do worse than getting a puppet for one of the brightest offensive minds in the game.  Get me some more of those 30 ppg puppets please. 

Just find us a great OL coach...that’s my biggest remaining concern on the offensive side now that Smith is here.

1 minute ago, Mister pudding said:

I don't want an Arthur Smith puppet. I want someone fresh who has ideas to compliment Smith's offensive philosophies. Give me Tony Elliott, co-OC and RB coach from Clemson

Lol throwing around words like "puppet" when Smith has done literally nothing as head coach yet. He just got hired man. Give him some time.

Just now, ATLskinjob said:

Perhaps the term did a disservice to what i was trying to say. I suppose the analogy came to ming regarding Quinn when he came to ATL. Trying to HC and run the defense at the same time. New roles are time consuming as it is. If he thinks Jackson or Ragone is the answer, so be it... i'm not impressed

42 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

This is excellent... Arthur won’t be able to get a top-tier mind at passing game coordinator but he’s obviously accommodating for what he considers a “weakness”. He knows he can challenge himself as far as passing game concepts but he will need an assistant that specializes in formulating passing attacks. This is good for Matt Ryan and our run game. Arthur wants balance.

16 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

I don't want an Arthur Smith puppet. I want someone fresh who has ideas to compliment Smith's offensive philosophies. Give me Tony Elliott, co-OC and RB coach from Clemson

Puppet how about a good teacher.

If anything we should have learnt is too many chefs in the kitchen a good team does not make.

What we do need is clear concise leadership and that stems from the top.Same with the vision and identity coming out of the Branch.Again this doesn’t have to be multiple.Let AS build his staff in his eyes no one else’s.He’ll know exactly the sought of skill sets he’s looking for.

13 minutes ago, Macintez said:

This is excellent... Arthur won’t be able to get a top-tier mind at passing game coordinator but he’s obviously accommodating for what he considers a “weakness”. He knows he can challenge himself as far as passing game concepts but he will need an assistant that specializes in formulating passing attacks. This is good for Matt Ryan and our run game. Arthur wants balance.

I don't get this.  Arthur Smith has formulated some innovative passing techniques in Tennessee.  The fact that he doesn't use them for 70% of their offensive plays doesn't mean he's lacking in that area.

People hear he's "run first" and "Mike Mularkey 2.0" (neither of which are really true) and think that means the dude can't come up with passing concepts.  If anything, he's a genius at formulating a cohesive offensive philosophy where the run and pass play off each other, and the blocking concepts, formation and motion set up the defense to be wrong more than they're right.

12 minutes ago, Macintez said:

that's exaclty what i was thinking.

jackson is a receiver by trade. you want good route combinations that are designed to scheme guys open, you hire a receiver to design them.

Arthur Smith doesn't have a "weakness" scheming routes to get receivers open.  He's literally been one of the best route combo coordinators the past two years.  Just because he doesn't ignore the run game doesn't mean it's because he's clueless about passing.  You guys do realize a strong pass scheme and a strong run game are not mutually exclusive concepts, right? 

54 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

I don’t think he meant it the way you perceived it.

I took it as if he simply wants him to be free to work independently to create a staff & implement his work without being overly influenced by the powers that be (AB/RM)

I just said as much in another thread