Press Conference today? I really hope so

Really hoping Arthur Blank will see fit to having a press conference today or tomorrow announcing Arthur Smith and Terry Fontenot as head coach and GM.

I know it will probably be one of those weird ZOOM conferences but would still be better than nada.

The fans like us deserve this press conference as this is “our SuperBowl” substitute this year and would bring a lot of enjoyment.

To hear the vision of these two men for our beloved Falcons would be interesting and entertaining.

Maybe they don’t do today since MLK.   Needs to happen tomorrow.

I would prefer this to $1 hot dogs.

1 minute ago, Duff_Man said:

I love when a press conference happens...it gives everyone a chance to complain about nobody ever saying anything important.

Sports press conferences are just pointless. 

I want to hear what he says about his team building philosophy and what kind of football team he sees us being.

I hope he says both "process" and "fast and physical" at some point though.  Just to watch the heads spin.

Just now, JDaveG said:

I want to hear what he says about his team building philosophy and what kind of football team he sees us being.

I hope he says both "process" and "fast and physical" at some point though.  Just to watch the heads spin.

I now REALLY want this to happen. Need to mix in a "Brotherhood" as well.

1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

I too am anxious to hear from our new staff but MLK Day would be an odd day to do so especially here in Atlanta.  They may wait until Fontenot has signed and settled.  Maybe by end of week if all goes well.

yeah don't think it will be today.

10 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Ha-ha.  I think heads would explode, mine included.  

I can see the prep Arthur will get before the conference.  OK, Art, be yourself but you can not use the following phrases:

Pumped, Stoked, Fast and Physical, and Ah-ficiency.  You should not make any references to boxing or Navy SEALs.  

And for goodness sakes, do not grow a goatee.  Now, get out there and make us proud!

37 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Don't forget pumped.......someone needs to say pumped at a minimum of 3 times.

1 minute ago, JetJones11 said:

**** can Terry clean out his office in Nola first ? He still needs to officially sign ... it will happen chill young one 

The Falcons and Fontenot more than likely have already agreed to terms. He just has to fly to Flowery Branch and officially sign the contract.

Pretty sure Fontenot already has his bags packed. May be in Atlanta as we speak.

Does he have a Twitter account or something we can follow?

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

The "new brotherhood" "faster and more physical." 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

Ha-ha.  I think heads would explode, mine included.  

I can see the prep Arthur will get before the conference.  OK, Art, be yourself but you can not use the following phrases:

Pumped, Stoked, Fast and Physical, and Ah-ficiency.  You should not make any references to boxing or Navy SEALs.  

And for goodness sakes, do not grow a goatee.  Now, get out there and make us proud!

And Blank is not allowed to call him Smitty...

2 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Could be they are working on coordinators & discussing who else will be asked to leave before they address our fans which all makes sense right now.

I think they’re just waiting due to the holiday. 

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I think it won’t be all in one press conference. It will trickle down over the weeks. More importantly moves they will make before March.