So Matt Ryan is the future, unless it’s Deshun Watson?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite is Matt Ryan is a washed up bum but some team is going to give up a 1st round pick to get him.

What in the world does age have to do with anything? He's a starting NFL QB. Like I said, his team blew a huge lead to the Chiefs last season. He was the starting QB. If that's the Falcons, Ryan eats

Don't you go bringing facts and logic up in here!! There ain't no place for that junk here.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

3rd and 1, late 4th quarter.  Most "important" division rival.  Must win to save season.  Down by 1 score.  Final ATL possession of the game.  Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is open.  O-line cracks open a huge hole and you can see the line to make, 45.  

If Ryan makes that slide to the 45 yard line the drive is extended and it's still a game.  But he doesn't, he never does and he never will.  He tosses to the right sideline and we punt.  Saints win. 

So I hope you don't hate me, I've been a fan since '72 and I had season tix up to the year I relocated and I still fly home 2-3 times a season.  At this moment we were 4-7 and the season was not entirely lost.  At this moment we decided not to continue fighting.  Is it "hate" to find this frustrating every Sunday?  This is inexcusable, this is gutless.  Everyone makes mistakes, this was not a mistake.  This is me first, team last.  This is also why we lost at Chargers.  You are free to disagree.  My opinion is that Watson would make that yard to gain.  

1838933235_IMG_2671(1).JPG.7412d3cb2b023ad2a49f0062e3cf0139.JPG

Nope don’t hate you at all man.  Think you’re cherry picking a play and it’s easy to do so with a still shot though.  Also, saying he never takes off and runs is not true at all.  Maybe Watson does make that play or maybe he holds the ball and takes a sack like he’s done more so than Ryan.  Last thing, I don’t recall the play but if it’s 3rd and 1 and we’re not planning on going for it on 4th and 1 why are we throwing it there and why is there no check down?

Just now, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Nope don’t hate you at all man.  Think you’re cherry picking a play and it’s easy to do so with a still shot though.  Also, saying he never takes off and runs is not true at all.  Maybe Watson does make that play or maybe he holds the ball and takes a sack like he’s done more so than Ryan.  Last thing, I don’t recall the play but if it’s 3rd and 1 and we’re not planning on going for it on 4th and 1 why are we throwing it there and why is there no check down?

Putting it out there, I’m as happy when we win with Ryan as I would be with anyone else. So if he/we break out next season that would be fantastic. And if it takes 2 seasons (more likely with new staff and scheme?) that would be great too. I do not hate Ryan or anyone else (except the Saints and the Eagles, long story). I am ready for a winning season and more. Just venting.  It’s a very competitive division so we’re not that far out. 

Now I gotta watch basketball for a couple months. So Sic’em Bears!  

12 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Couldn’t have anything to do w the fact that Watson is a proven vet who’s like 11 years younger than ryan and (without looking it up) cheaper than him too. 

Wrong, very wrong.

Deshaun Watson

• AAV = $39.0M
  • 2021 Cap Hit = $15.9M
  • 2022 Cap Hit = $40.4M
  • 2023 Cap Hit = $42.4M
  • 2024 Cap Hit = $37.4M
  • 2025 Cap Hit = $32.0M

Matt Ryan

• AAV = $30.0M
  • 2021 Cap Hit = $40.9M
  • 2022 Cap Hit = $41.6M
  • 2023 Cap Hit = $36.6M

Watson is cheaper for 2021 but then after that him and Ryan are a wash when it comes to cap hit.

17 hours ago, jetpac said:

This board is hilarious. Trade back from 4 and don’t pick up a playmaking QB (fields or Wilson) because that just doesn’t make sense. Instead we should maximize our picks on defense (like that EVER works for us). Because Matt isnt the problem blah blah blah. But if Deshun Watson is there for trade, we should get rid of Matt immediately? 😂😂😂 wow. 

brought to you by the same brainiacs who think moving Matthews to guard and drafting a rookie LT would magically make us better too.

17 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

How about the fact that people say Matt Ryan sucks, has a noodle arm, and is a statue but he's going to teach an athletic rookie everything he needs to know because MR is good, has a cannon arm, and is extremely athletic. 

That's true but there are funnier ones, like..... we need to get rid of Matt Ryan and Julio because they are less effective and getting old, so..... lets trade them and get some 1st round picks out of them while we still can!

Not many GMs throw around draft picks like they are nothing.   Two that did, just got fired..... the Texans guy, and Dimitroff.