So Matt Ryan is the future, unless it’s Deshun Watson?

41 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

We are point for point a better team. Remember Texans tossed their edge, their S and their WR play makers. 
I get your point “if” we didn’t have so many weapons.  Texans are depleted as badly as the Browns were in 16

I haven’t figured out if you just come here to troll or actually believe what you type.  What are all of these weapons you speak of?  Yeah Ridley is good.  Gauge and Hurst are up and coming players.  You talking about Julio...?   cause he didn’t play over half the season and was banged up for the ones he did.  You talking about Gurley?  Get out of here man lmao 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite is Matt Ryan is a washed up bum but some team is going to give up a 1st round pick to get him.

What in the world does age have to do with anything? He's a starting NFL QB. Like I said, his team blew a huge lead to the Chiefs last season. He was the starting QB. If that's the Falcons, Ryan eats

Don't you go bringing facts and logic up in here!! There ain't no place for that junk here.

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Oh, so watsons record was because of the team around him, huh? Why doesn't ryan get these excuses?

Hey, we’re just fans on the phone. If you believe, as most people do, that he’s one assistant coach or one let tackle or 1 cornerback away from seeing the field, stepping into must-make 3rd and 1, finding Hurst when Jones is doubled, we can agree to disagree. 
We’re both fans. We both want the same thing, for the Falcons to win. 
My position, honestly, is I don’t care who is in the uniform as long as we win.  It’s a long offseason and we really don’t know what is going to happen until it happens.  And if the Saints or the Panthers pick up Watson he will beat us and the cycle will continue.  We arguably lost 6 games on failure to convert 1-2 yard gaps and. 3rd downs in the 4th quarter. Can you tell me our QB never had a chance to walk into that hole?  

Edited by Killing Floor
28 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

I haven’t figured out if you just come here to troll or actually believe what you type.  What are all of these weapons you speak of?  Yeah Ridley is good.  Gauge and Hurst are up and coming players.  You talking about Julio...?   cause he didn’t play over half the season and was banged up for the ones he did.  You talking about Gurley?  Get out of here man lmao 

3rd and 1, late 4th quarter.  Most "important" division rival.  Must win to save season.  Down by 1 score.  Final ATL possession of the game.  Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is open.  O-line cracks open a huge hole and you can see the line to make, 45.  

If Ryan makes that slide to the 45 yard line the drive is extended and it's still a game.  But he doesn't, he never does and he never will.  He tosses to the right sideline and we punt.  Saints win. 

So I hope you don't hate me, I've been a fan since '72 and I had season tix up to the year I relocated and I still fly home 2-3 times a season.  At this moment we were 4-7 and the season was not entirely lost.  At this moment we decided not to continue fighting.  Is it "hate" to find this frustrating every Sunday?  This is inexcusable, this is gutless.  Everyone makes mistakes, this was not a mistake.  This is me first, team last.  This is also why we lost at Chargers.  You are free to disagree.  My opinion is that Watson would make that yard to gain.  

1838933235_IMG_2671(1).JPG.7412d3cb2b023ad2a49f0062e3cf0139.JPG

7 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

3rd and 1, late 4th quarter.  Most "important" division rival.  Must win to save season.  Down by 1 score.  Final ATL possession of the game.  Nobody, and I mean NOBODY is open.  O-line cracks open a huge hole and you can see the line to make, 45.  

If Ryan makes that slide to the 45 yard line the drive is extended and it's still a game.  But he doesn't, he never does and he never will.  He tosses to the right sideline and we punt.  Saints win. 

So I hope you don't hate me, I've been a fan since '72 and I had season tix up to the year I relocated and I still fly home 2-3 times a season.  At this moment we were 4-7 and the season was not entirely lost.  At this moment we decided not to continue fighting.  Is it "hate" to find this frustrating every Sunday?  This is inexcusable, this is gutless.  Everyone makes mistakes, this was not a mistake.  This is me first, team last.  This is also why we lost at Chargers.  You are free to disagree.  My opinion is that Watson would make that yard to gain.  

Ryan and the MLB are both about 5 yards away from that spot. Ryans momentum is moving backwards as he is still in his drop back. The LB is much faster than Ryan. He makes it to that spot long before ryan does.....Dumb argument.

23 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

God that pissed me off so much. Wasn’t the only time either even my wife was screaming “just run the ******* ball!” 

11 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

This fan base has 0 football intelligence. They just watched 2 qbs get knocked unconscious over the weekend and still think scramblers are going to hold up for 10-15 yrs? 

Lol Mahomes isn’t a scrambling qb. If that’s the case so is Rodgers and Allen. 

Tranny Hill is a scrambling qb not Mahomes

Edited by MoFalconsFan56
4 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

To be fair, Watson is a proven QB, and drafting one is never a sure thing. Can see why guys around here would rather get someone proven than unproven. 

What he's just proven is a lack of character.....to be fair.

21 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

O im sorry “elusive” the hot word for the message board

Well scrambling would give the illusion that he’s more concerned w running than passing. Also the league has evolved to mainly “elusive” qbs as Brady and Goff were the only two qbs out of every playoff team who isn’t “elusive”. Just a sign of the times man, kinda like how every rb couldn’t catch 50 balls out of the backfield back in the day. Kinda required to do so now and qbs are kinda required to pick up the tough yards w their feet. They’re very very very well protected by officiating. To a fault imo but that’s the game now

31 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

This fan base has 0 football intelligence. They just watched 2 qbs get knocked unconscious over the weekend and still think scramblers are going to hold up for 10-15 yrs? 

You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you think Mahomes is a scrambler. He's elusive and athletic enough that he can extend plays with his legs, same as Rodgers, same as Russel Wilson, who both coincidentally have 10+ years in the league. When elusive QBs like Steve Young, Cunningham, Elway, Tarkenton, McNair all had 10+ year long careers in the league with less rules for safety and protecting QBs, the Mahomes, Allens, and Watsons of the world will be fine. 

5 minutes ago, TheHeartless said:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about if you think Mahomes is a scrambler. He's elusive and athletic enough that he can extend plays with his legs, same as Rodgers, same as Russel Wilson, who both coincidentally have 10+ years in the league. When elusive QBs like Steve Young, Cunningham, Elway, Tarkenton, McNair all had 10+ year long careers in the league with less rules for safety and protecting QBs, the Mahomes, Allens, and Watsons of the world will be fine. 

I think we are all just arguing over semantics. Although, he was more of a "scrambler" on Sunday. I think I saw at least 2 read-options, maybe 3? 

2 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

How long did Fran Tarkenton, Steve Young, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair, Russell Wilson play? Like it or not, the mobile QB is the trend... RPO is dominating the offensive game. 

57 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Ryan and the MLB are both about 5 yards away from that spot. Ryans momentum is moving backwards as he is still in his drop back. The LB is much faster than Ryan. He makes it to that spot long before ryan does.....Dumb argument.

Brother, we both want the same thing.  A winning season, beat the Saints and hopefully a Lombardi.  
What I know is any argument that casts a shadow of accountability on Ryan is a dumb argument here.  
Don’t panic, Ryan is our starter for at least 32 more games. I know this. 

For the record, when we broke the seal in Minneapolis, Matt Ryan Won That Game.  He Owned the O and it was awesome to see.  Credit for his wins, credit for his losses. 

We’re not getting Watson, but we do need to hope that the Panthers/Saints don’t get him either. Rapoport said not to overlook the Panthers in the running for Watson.. and I mention the Saints because we know the magic they can work bringing in guys and I’m sure they’d have no problem gutting their entire roster to fit in Watson and tell him the first year will be rough but after that anything is possible.. if he’d agree to it

We’ve already seen our division be QB strong for most of Matt’s career, and as soon as Brees the HOFer is getting ready to hang it up in comes Brady the GOAT. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if next in comes Watson to the division.. would be just our luck

6 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

If we had Watson this year and all other things being equal we would be playing next weekend at home. 
You don’t have to like it for it to be true.  I don’t see any way that works out economically but he’s postseason on any team in our division if he moves. Automatic. 

No we wouldn't.