So Matt Ryan is the future, unless it’s Deshun Watson?

5 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Still doesn’t mean Watson has any qualifications to suggest GM candidates. What businesses has Watson run? What’s his success as a corporate executive look like managing millions in personnel salaries, operational expenses, or corporate sponsorships.....Oh wait, he’s never done any of that!? “Well heck, why didn’t you say so in the first place - Hey Deshaun, who should our GM be? I know you played tons of Madden at Clemson so we really want your input on running our business” 

Millennial entitlement at its best! 

I really do recommend reading the article. Your basic premise- that this is all because Watson wanted to pick the GM - is incorrect. The article explained what has been happening. 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite is Matt Ryan is a washed up bum but some team is going to give up a 1st round pick to get him.

What in the world does age have to do with anything? He's a starting NFL QB. Like I said, his team blew a huge lead to the Chiefs last season. He was the starting QB. If that's the Falcons, Ryan eats

Don't you go bringing facts and logic up in here!! There ain't no place for that junk here.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Obviously, if the Falcons could swap QBs straight up with Houston, they should do it. Literally no one outside of TATF would argue the Falcons would not be in a better position for the next 5 years if Watson was the QB. The parts of this thread trying to debate that just sound asinine.

But this ain't Madden, you don't just get to pick whatever platers you want to create an all-star team. Trades require partners and Houston would (correctly) demand more than just Ryan from ATL to make that trade. That means fewer picks for Fontenot and Smith to rebuild the roster around whomever the QB would be. And in the NFL, there's also the salary cap, which severely limits what teams can do with trades.

Nice to imagine Watson being the starting QB for his home-state team for the next 10 years, but it's not happening.

Yup, agreed. Watson has something like a 71 million dollar cap hit AND he also has a no trade clause. Conversation over. 

7 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

How about how to read a defense, or how to study a playbook, or here is a stretch, how to take care of your body.

Your post is literally pointless, except I think your saying that they have different skill set, that alone reason Ryan could not help Wilson(or a Fields for that matter).

His post was sarcasm.

3 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

I seriously cant today with these type of posts. Yall need to learn the game before coming on here.  

I welcome any question you can muster. You make no sense, absolutely none, because I listed very tangible qualities that hold an immense value to a young QB. Matt Ryan is a good dude and is not Brett Farve(when it comes to mentoring), father time is knocking on the door.

Teach me something, please football savant. The are the moments that I wish there were ZOOM calls. You have a poster questioning knowledge but I bet you get him in a situation he he can't look something up, well you know the deal.

AFMB where post count = knowledge...lol.

8 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

I really do recommend reading the article. Your basic premise- that this is all because Watson wanted to pick the GM - is incorrect. The article explained what has been happening. 

My premise is black and white. Does Watson have the qualifications to recommend a GM and the answer is no. That’s it. I don’t care what’s happening in Houston, but you don’t take a GM recommendation from someone who’s never done a GMs job or anything that remotely resembles it. It’s remarkable that anyone here thinks he deserved input. I’ll reiterate, that sure your can suggest a coach or OC, but taking hiring advice from someone who’s never run a business on who you should hire to run your business would be the dumbest thing you could ever do. Come on man, be realistic here. 

ESPN article:

On the day the Texans announced the hiring of Caserio, league sources told Schefter that Watson was not happy with the process because he "offered input on potential general manager candidates, but the Texans neither considered nor consulted with those endorsed by their franchise quarterback."

Edited by matty72780
16 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

You seriously dont know how the game works do you? Its a team sport you moron. I swear we have some low IQ fans on this board. 

Just for your edification, my IQ is 138...  If you don't know what edification means, ask me I'll tell you. 

1 minute ago, joeyg2033 said:

Just for your edification, my IQ is 138...  If you don't know what edification means, ask me I'll tell you. 

You can be book smart and football dumb.

Some of the dumbest people I've ever met were also some of the most "educated" people I've ever met. If you're as smart as you claim to be you should be able to understand that.

I have no issue with it. You can be both pro Ryan and pro Falcons. There is nothing wrong with realizing Matt Ryan isn't THE problem and we can win with him, but... Ryan/QB position can be upgraded. The league is in the weird transition/evolution between cerebral QBs and athletic QBs equates to winning teams and younger QBs actually being both. 

It has almost always been you have to have a cerebral QBs and coaches/coordinators that can manage the game (with athletic players around them) or an athletic QB with cerebral coaches/coordinators (with athletic players around them). Now you have more and more QBs coming into the league that are mental and physical freaks. 

If you can get a future QB that fits that mold, learns from Ryan for a year or two, and can have QBs that can win in the old/current NFL and the current/new NFL, then you do it.

3 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

If we had Watson this year and all other things being equal we would be playing next weekend at home. 
You don’t have to like it for it to be true.  I don’t see any way that works out economically but he’s postseason on any team in our division if he moves. Automatic. 

So the Falcons turn into a 12-4 team from a 4-12 team? Ya, ok. Let's go ahead and give the Texans are next 5 years of first round picks then.

6 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

If we had Watson this year and all other things being equal we would be playing next weekend at home. 
You don’t have to like it for it to be true.  I don’t see any way that works out economically but he’s postseason on any team in our division if he moves. Automatic. 

Why exactly would watson be able to carry this team when he couldn't carry his own team?

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Why exactly would watson be able to carry this team when he couldn't carry his own team?

We are point for point a better team. Remember Texans tossed their edge, their S and their WR play makers. 
I get your point “if” we didn’t have so many weapons.  Texans are depleted as badly as the Browns were in 16

1 hour ago, PointSwayzee said:

How about how to read a defense, or how to study a playbook, or here is a stretch, how to take care of your body.

Your post is literally pointless, except I think your saying that they have different skill set, that alone reason Ryan could not help Wilson(or a Fields for that matter).

You forget people on here don't care about that. They need a mobile QB for madden online. 

10 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

We are point for point a better team. Remember Texans tossed their edge, their S and their WR play makers. 
I get your point “if” we didn’t have so many weapons.  Texans are depleted as badly as the Browns were in 16

Oh, so watsons record was because of the team around him, huh? Why doesn't ryan get these excuses?

47 minutes ago, Rings said:

The only people I know who actually quote their IQ are people who have to consistently defend that they aren't actually as dumb as they sound. 

Sounds like you try and surround yourself with a lot of smart people. Hopefully it's rubbing off.