So Matt Ryan is the future, unless it’s Deshun Watson?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My favorite is Matt Ryan is a washed up bum but some team is going to give up a 1st round pick to get him.

What in the world does age have to do with anything? He's a starting NFL QB. Like I said, his team blew a huge lead to the Chiefs last season. He was the starting QB. If that's the Falcons, Ryan eats

Don't you go bringing facts and logic up in here!! There ain't no place for that junk here.

Posted Images

Houston is in just as bad cap shape as the Falcons. What good does trading one big contract for another help either team without losing other key players. You can only restructure so much before it becomes a problem in the long run. If the Falcons truly want their "QB of the future", their best bet is to simply draft one at #4 and let him sit a year minimum. You can talk about proven vs unproven all day long. Every player who is a multi year starter right now had to prove that they were worth the pick, including both Ryan and Watson at one point so there's no sense in talking about that.  All I've seen is "make it happen" without realistic reasonings that make sense for both teams. 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Watson is 1-2 including a blown lead to KC last season. Had that been the Falcons all blame goes to the QB, so shouldn't Watson get that same treatment. 

Maybe... But Watson was 24 at the time. What's Ryan's excuse? 

6 minutes ago, 804_Falconfan said:

Eh. Can't say I blame him for wanting to give input when the team keeps making bad decisions in the front office. You'd think if your young rising star QB suggests a couple GMs you'd, at the very least, interview them to keep him happy. 

Watson is 25 years old and majored in “communication studies” at Clemson. He in no way shape or form knows what it takes to run a football team or has the credentials to “make a GM suggestion”. Playing a position on a team (regardless if you’re the best player) doesn’t give you any input on who the franchise paying YOU should hire to run THEIR billion dollar business. I’m not sure what company you work for but a billion dollar company doesn’t consult their employees before hiring the boss. 

I could understand Watson wanting to provide feedback on the future coach or offensive coordinator but the GM!? Come on dude, stay in your lane. 

Just now, matty72780 said:

Watson is 25 years old and majored in “communication studies” at Clemson. He in no way shape or form knows what it takes to run a football team or has the credentials to “make a GM suggestion”. Playing a position on a team (regardless if you’re the best player) doesn’t give you any input on who the franchise paying YOU should hire to run THEIR billion dollar business. I’m not sure what company you work for but a billion dollar company doesn’t consult their employees before hiring the boss. 

I could understand Watson wanting to provide feedback on the future coach or offensive coordinator but the GM!? Come on dude, stay in your lane. 

Harden rubbed off on him. 

Just now, joeyg2033 said:

Maybe... But Watson was 24 at the time. What's Ryan's excuse? 

What in the world does age have to do with anything? He's a starting NFL QB. Like I said, his team blew a huge lead to the Chiefs last season. He was the starting QB. If that's the Falcons, Ryan eats that blame, so why is Watson getting a free pass. Just like other QB's, he's regular season proven. He hasn't done anything in the playoffs

Just now, matty72780 said:

There was a really good article posted yesterday (don't recall who posted it) that went into great detail explaining all that was happening in Houston. There's a lot more to this than "25yo player thinks he knows more than the owner." 

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

What in the world does age have to do with anything? He's a starting NFL QB. Like I said, his team blew a huge lead to the Chiefs last season. He was the starting QB. If that's the Falcons, Ryan eats that blame, so why is Watson getting a free pass. Just like other QB's, he's regular season proven. He hasn't done anything in the playoffs

***Like I said, his team blew a huge lead to the Chiefs last season. He was the starting QB. ***

Like Matt during 28-3?

25 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Every player has to prove themselves. If being unproven or proven meant that much there wouldn't be a draft. By this standard Matt Ryan is more than proven so why move on period?

I think that's what a lot of people think. Then it just comes down to how long you think he can play. 

2 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

When the GM trades away your best player for peanuts, gives away your draft picks and doesn't bring in free agents then I'd say you can provide a few suggestions when ultimately people will look at his record and numbers and label him as a winner or not. 

4 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

There was a really good article posted yesterday (don't recall who posted it) that went into great detail explaining all that was happening in Houston. There's a lot more to this than "25yo player thinks he knows more than the owner." 

Still doesn’t mean Watson has any qualifications to suggest GM candidates. What businesses has Watson run? What’s his success as a corporate executive look like managing millions in personnel salaries, operational expenses, or corporate sponsorships.....Oh wait, he’s never done any of that!? “Well heck, why didn’t you say so in the first place - Hey Deshaun, who should our GM be? I know you played tons of Madden at Clemson so we really want your input on running our business” 

Millennial entitlement at its best! 

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

How is Watson even tradable if his dead cap hit is $67M?

That’s why Houston said the rating point in any trade is three 1st and three 2nd round picks along with a pro bowl player

But as a trade his dead cap is only 21 mill with -5 mill impact on the cap.  As a 6/1 trade it’s just 5.4 mill dead cap and actually saves them 10 mill on 2021 cap

55 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

How about the fact that people say Matt Ryan sucks, has a noodle arm, and is a statue but he's going to teach an athletic rookie everything he needs to know because MR is good, has a cannon arm, and is extremely athletic. 

How about how to read a defense, or how to study a playbook, or here is a stretch, how to take care of your body.

Your post is literally pointless, except I think your saying that they have different skill set, that alone reason Ryan could not help Wilson(or a Fields for that matter).

Obviously, if the Falcons could swap QBs straight up with Houston, they should do it. Literally no one outside of TATF would argue the Falcons would not be in a better position for the next 5 years if Watson was the QB. The parts of this thread trying to debate that just sound asinine.

But this ain't Madden, you don't just get to pick whatever players you want to create an all-star team. Trades require partners and Houston would (correctly) demand more than just Ryan from ATL to make that trade. That means fewer picks for Fontenot and Smith to rebuild the roster around whomever the QB would be. And in the NFL, there's also the salary cap, which severely limits what teams can do with trades.

Nice to imagine Watson being the starting QB for his home-state team for the next 10 years, but it's not happening.

Edited by Kaptain Krazy
Typo
1 minute ago, PointSwayzee said:

How about how to read a defense, or how to study a playbook, or here is a stretch, how to take care of your body.

Your post is literally pointless, except I think your saying that they have different skill set, that alone reason Ryan could not help Wilson(or a Fields for that matter).

I seriously cant today with these type of posts. Yall need to learn the game before coming on here.