State of the NFC South: QB’s

5 hours ago, BLM said:

I don't think Brees will retire.  I mean come on, your last season being a covid season.  No fans to play in front of?  It's not even the real thing.  I think next year is his last

5 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Think Brees is really done?  I’m not convinced. I think on one hand he’d be able to walk away easier than Brady. But I won’t be surprised if he sticks it out another season. Maybe eases out of starting. We’ll see. 

Well his arm falls off a cliff a month earlier each year, so if he comes back one more year it should be shot by mid September this year. They are better off with Jameis imo.  Brees didn’t even attempt a pass over 20 yards yesterday.  3.9 yards per attempt last night...it’s time for him to retire.

Not to mention...even if Brees says he wants to still play, if I’m the Saints I’m not sure I want him back after how he has fallen off. I am sure he and the Saints have hashed this out already.

I really don’t see Hill or Winston as the guy either moving forward, though I would be fine with them hitching their wagon to either.

regardless, Brees having a huge cap hit next season is fantastic, as well as Hill being owed 16 million...like 56 million for 2 guys who won’t be the starting QB. Time to pay the piper boys!

11 hours ago, XXVIII-III said:

1. Saints - Brees probably going to retire

2. Bucs - Brady for at least 1 more year

3. Panthers - Kinda stuck with Bridgewater

4. Falcons - Ryan’s still got a few years left

NFL draft - There’s been a lot of spirited debate on the forum about taking a QB at #4. Hopefully we won’t be drafting this high again anytime soon, but if one of the top 3 QBs is there at 4 and we pull the trigger and groom him under Ryan, we could seriously have a chance at dominating our division for quite a while.

Obviously, the other NFC South teams could try to move up in the draft or trade for a QB like Watson, but if not, we’d be in great shape if we hit on the QB we draft. I think we should do it at #4 UNLESS someone offers us something ridiculous to trade into our spot.

It makes sense if you’re trying to get ahead of the curve and be the first one there

6 hours ago, nuccah said:

The Texans would be the ones absorbing the hit. That's probably why they're asking so much.

Watson isn’t gonna be cheap like a rookie contract after Texans take hit. The team still has to take the contract and who knows he may want a new contract. 

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

can you like how the aints use hill as a change of pace qb every now and then without actually liking him?

Ok, I think this is a good compromise. Not even a compromise!  I can acknowledge how the Aints entertain their fans with Hill and I am totally cool with the outcome of yesterday’s game!  This is good advice. 
Aints tears sweeten the remoulade!

16 hours ago, XXVIII-III said:

1. Saints - Brees probably going to retire

2. Bucs - Brady for at least 1 more year

3. Panthers - Kinda stuck with Bridgewater

4. Falcons - Ryan’s still got a few years left

NFL draft - There’s been a lot of spirited debate on the forum about taking a QB at #4. Hopefully we won’t be drafting this high again anytime soon, but if one of the top 3 QBs is there at 4 and we pull the trigger and groom him under Ryan, we could seriously have a chance at dominating our division for quite a while.

Obviously, the other NFC South teams could try to move up in the draft or trade for a QB like Watson, but if not, we’d be in great shape if we hit on the QB we draft. I think we should do it at #4 UNLESS someone offers us something ridiculous to trade into our spot.

D Watson going to the Saints. 

48 minutes ago, nomak said:

True. Everytime i think the cap got'm they come out smiling. 

Mickey Loomis is a Voodoo High Priest.  He hasnthebinate ability to kick it down the road as long as needed.  I read a good article a few years back about their philosophy.  In a nutshell, they have a mythical number for a maximum cap.  And they keep everything under their projected number.  They just want to keep their window open as long as possible with Brees and the plan.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Not even possible.

No cap space and the only picks they even have this year are a 1st, 2nd and 4th. They have 3 picks. 

But they have Taysom Hill...they can prolly trade him and get Watson and some draft picks in return! Watson can only play one position...Hill can play 3, and special teams!