State of the NFC South: QB’s

1. Saints - Brees probably going to retire

2. Bucs - Brady for at least 1 more year

3. Panthers - Kinda stuck with Bridgewater

4. Falcons - Ryan’s still got a few years left

NFL draft - There’s been a lot of spirited debate on the forum about taking a QB at #4. Hopefully we won’t be drafting this high again anytime soon, but if one of the top 3 QBs is there at 4 and we pull the trigger and groom him under Ryan, we could seriously have a chance at dominating our division for quite a while.

Obviously, the other NFC South teams could try to move up in the draft or trade for a QB like Watson, but if not, we’d be in great shape if we hit on the QB we draft. I think we should do it at #4 UNLESS someone offers us something ridiculous to trade into our spot.

We should take one for longevity shake, can gamble on Matt all we want, but we all know how hard it is to get to a SB. Will take close to perfection to get the team SB ready within two years in my opinion, so the realist in me likes the safety net of what would ideally be franchise QB to fill Matt's shoes. 

Panthers are probably hoping Fields or Wilson falls to them. I think if Jameis fixed being a turnover machine he could be fine for the Saints, otherwise they'll need to draft someone too. Bucs will also be needing to draft someone soon, new era in the NFC South coming soon. 

You need to build a better team to have a chance to dominate.

The Saints and Bucs have built a good defense for a couple years now.

Atlanta? Can we at least start with a run game to keep a bottom feeder unit off the field? Or here is a novel idea...build a defense like the best 2 teams in the division have benefited from!

:doh:

:lol:

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Atlanta? Can we at least start with a run game to keep a bottom feeder unit off the field? Or here is a novel idea...build a defense like the best 2 teams in the division have benefited from!

But but GB drafted a QB last year. They forgot GB making big moves with singing Smith pass rushing duo and other upgrades. Falcons don’t have luxury of loaded teams to sit a top 5 pick or a first rounder. 

12 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

They’ve actually got weapons in Carolina though and some talent on D. McCaffrey, Moore, and Robby Anderson ain’t no joke on offense. Add Watson and they’re actually a legit division threat. 

true, but how many of those weapons will they have to give up to get watson

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I would assume that they’d be almost exclusively giving up draft picks. 

could be, but then they could be giving up 2 firsts and three seconds or something like that.

i'm just thinking that with the amount you'd have to give up to get him, it might not actually improve your team that much to make it worth it.

52 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Houston should ask two firsts, 2021 and 2022. Panthers will spend draft capital on top of big cap hits. 

They’ve already said what it will cost: three 1st round picks, three 2nd round picks and a pro bowl player just to start the conversation.  Outside of Miami I’m not sure anyone can meet he asking price 

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

They’ve already said what it will cost: three 1st round picks, three 2nd round picks and a pro bowl player just to start the conversation.  Outside of Miami I’m not sure anyone can meet he asking price 

That’s a lot, which means Texans aren’t probably serious about trading. 

48 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We are closer than most think defensively.  Between Week 5 & Week 16 we allowed 21 ppg.  Smith can scheme yards in the run game as well as anyone in football.  Just need a starting EDGE, FS and quality depth pieces on defense