Zach Wilson HAS to be the pick at 4

5 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Reminds me of Jamarcus Russell scouting reports, he can throw from own 30 yard to end zone. Not saying he is Jamarcus Russell, but scouting reports about arm strength sound same.

lol...except Z. Wilson is amongst the most accurate QB’s in recent draft history.  Also extremely high IQ.  JR was both inaccurate and .24 cents short of a quarter

Wilson has nowhere near the arm strength of Russell, though

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Wilson is there at 4 I’m taking calls to see if we can get a king’s ransom to move down.  

Can he rush the passer?

Smart man

1 hour ago, PuppyMonster said:

Except all of those were positions of need, and even though none of them lived up to their draft status, they made the team better than it otherwise would have been. Weak argument. 

They made the team better than it otherwise would have been? You can't actually believe that. And if you do, what alternative universe would that exist in? 

2 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

The perfect scenario is the rookie sitting behind Matt, I’m not on the get rid of Ryan train and start a rookie. I’m with drafting our future QB and then use the rest of the draft and FA to help Ryan and the team. This is the best scenario for the Falcons.

Gotcha.  I understand the logic.  Just wanna wait but I do get that the thought is that we’re not drafting this high for a long time.  I’d just like to see us add someone who can help us win now and not 2-3 years from now.    

35 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

lol...except Z. Wilson is amongst the most accurate QB’s in recent draft history.  Also extremely high IQ.  JR was both inaccurate and .24 cents short of a quarter

Wilson has nowhere near the arm strength of Russell, though

Reading comprehension is not your friend. I never talked about accuracy. Just said arm strength comparison. Learn to read bro.  Every year for past two decades, there are can’t miss QB in top 5. Great arm strength, accuracy yada.. yada.. Yet there are  more duds in top 5. 

17 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

With good coaching and a run game and a defense.This is thee approach I hope we take.All this allows Rodgers to play.

Packers were loaded on defense, they made big moves in 2019. They were already complete team. Falcons have big gaping holes at multiple starting positions on defense. I can see 2022 as ideal situation for QB.

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Reading comprehension is not your friend. I never talked about accuracy. Just said arm strength comparison. Learn to read bro.  Every year for past two decades, there are can’t miss QB in top 5. Great arm strength, accuracy yada.. yada.. Yet there are  more duds in top 5. 

No, I read what you wrote.  I simply disagree with your statement that “Wilson’s scouting report reminds you of Russell.”  Their scouting reports and arm talent are nothing alike. 

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

No, I read what you wrote.  I simply disagree with your statement that “Wilson’s scouting report reminds you of Russell.”  Their scouting reports are nothing alike.  Not even a little.

Lol. I never said anything other than arm strength. Carry on, I don’t have patience to teach reading comprehension. 

7 hours ago, g-dawg said:

can anyone the Falcons have ever drafted rush the passer?   when was the last time Falcons actually drafted someone that was good at rushing the passer?  I believe it was Patrick Kerney in 1999 - that was 21 years ago.

Falcons don't know how to draft passrushers.

Falcons didn’t draft him but jumpy geathers forklift move was a thing of beauty. Wish we could find a few guys to go with Grady.

Edited by The Daywalker
8 hours ago, PapaJoe said:

I tend to agree with the Wilson is the pick, but it is possible he isn't there at 4.

I don't think the Jets are moving on from Darnold this draft, but it also wouldn't stun me if they go QB.

Highly unlikely that Dolphins go QB at 3.

Both of those teams are ripe for teams desiring to trade up to get their QB. Several teams very near to Falcons, or just a bit further down, any of which may decide to pull the trigger to get to #2 or #3 in THIS Draft.

Jets could trade out of 2, acquire picks and either stay with Darnold or go QB a little later.  This scenario begs the question...  do the Falcons ultimately decide to trade with Jets to secure the #2 pick?  The cost would be about as minimal as you'll see to swap #4 for #2 with an extra pick. Jets almost certain to still get their choice of player at #4; especially if another team tradesup via Dolphins to get to #3. 

Could the Falcons swap with the Dolphins to get to #3 for even less?  And still get their QB of choice?

** If I were betting right now....  I believe QBs are going at the first 3 picks in 2021. One way or the other.

Honestly, you make a good point abt trading w jets if we won’t a QB this year.   I’d prbly have to go that route.  

5 hours ago, Sterling said:

Packers just took Love last draft. Packers are playing in the NFC Championship.

Packers were already a 13-3 team last season before drafting Love.

People forget that the Packers played in the NFC Championship game last season also. Losing to the Niners.

Drafting Love was a luxury pick for them.

6 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

And in 2 years you’ll have to get another qb..which means you’re hitching your eggs on a 2 season window of winning a super bowl which is unlikely and we are right back to the conversation of getting a qb..this isn’t logical at all 

Why not why is this so out of the question.

DQ 2015 8-8 2016 SB the window is there the Falcons trick is getting coaches who can maximise what we have then you’ll see what your assuming can’t be done.

If anything in Falcons history the last 12 years illogical thinking is exactly thee opposite.

I mean after 07 who was picking the Falcons to make the playoffs and go on the 5 yr run they did.Completely illogical that happening but it happend.I see nothing different now.

If anything the draft Ryan’s replacement and say it can’t be done crowd are basing it off a complete mismanagement coaching and behind the scenes.

Ill say this now paying Julio Ryan Debo and Jarrett as examples you can best believe AB doesn’t want to wait to win.Brand new Stadium he wants to win so that 2 yr window is win now window not wait for the next guy to develop basically burning the investment in the mentioned.

11 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You cannot sit a top 5 pick. If you are taking wilson you have to trade Ryan. Can anybody name one single time a top 5 qb sat for a full year?

Michael Vick. He only played because of injuries to Chandler
Carson Palmer. 

Edited by jetpac
1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Packers were already a 13-3 team last season before drafting Love.

People forget that the Packers played in the NFC Championship game last season also. Losing to the Niners.

Drafting Love was a luxury pick for them.

All I'm trying to say is 1 pick isn't forfeiting the season. 6 other picks and possible FA (tight cap).  It's a new regime so if they feel like this is the guy they want to hitch their wagon to, I'm for it. Just anyone but Rousseau at 4.