Jump to content

Zach Wilson HAS to be the pick at 4


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Wilson is there at 4 I’m taking calls to see if we can get a king’s ransom to move down.  

Can he rush the passer?

Smart man

44 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Thing  is everybody wanting Wilson, or Fields, or Lawrence for that matter, how do you know you're getting Peyton Manning and not Ryan Leaf? Hindsight makes the choice really obvious, but it wasn't when they were drafted.

List of top 10 drafted QBs in the 2000's isn't really pretty.  Odds are better for getting a great QB  in the top 5 -top 10, but the odds are still 50-50 at best., the odds  go down after that.

 

What did Arthur Smith turn Tannehill into?  That's your answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, octoslash said:

 

  Yeah.  I was just expressing my opinion lol.  

And it is every bit as valid as mine. Be a boring place if we all had the same opinion. There is a guy out there for sure that thinks there's a chance Vick is coming back too, so to each there own!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheHeartless said:

I'd rather they take a QB now and have that position locked in for the next 10-15+ years than go without and try to win a ring with Matt in the next 3 years and wind up sucking for however long without a successor. As far as if Wilson HAS to be the guy I'm not so sure about that. 

This | Know Your Meme

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PuppyMonster said:

Except... drafting a QB in the top 5 doesn't lock the position down for the next 10-15. It gives you a coin flip chance of locking it down. And if we suck after Matt Ryan, we'll be right back in the top 10.

So does drafting a pass rusher, safety, or whatever..I mean, do we even have a backup QB right now?

Edited by zekeyboy1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Bad defense is broad, so I’d break it down into weaknesses/gaps !) Edge 2) Safety 3) Linebacker (we have a lot of will and chase guys, and no bangers)

Need more of these takes.

3) Linebacker- No bangers, and really could say whole team in that regard minus Neal. Heck AJ was one of more physical players on team. Gonna assume this is a shot at Jones, I get it.  He is a playmaker tho and wonder if banger would be more productive than what he brings?

I think Foye  in any defense would work. His Dallas game in 18 plays and Ninja ability to get Koo onsides  is... spooky good for better words

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PuppyMonster said:

Except... drafting a QB in the top 5 doesn't lock the position down for the next 10-15. It gives you a coin flip chance of locking it down. And if we suck after Matt Ryan, we'll be right back in the top 10.

The same coin flip that gave us Beasley, Takk and Jerry.  If you think about it, everything is a coin flip. You could even say that Lawrence is a coin flip... Weak argument. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OrthoPTSD said:

Need more of these takes.

3) Linebacker- No bangers, and really could say whole team in that regard minus Neal. Heck AJ was one of more physical players on team. Gonna assume this is a shot at Jones, I get it.  He is a playmaker tho and wonder if banger would be more productive than what he brings?

I think Foye  in any defense would work. His Dallas game in 18 plays and Ninja ability to get Koo onsides  is... spooky good for better words

Thank you and I agree with your addition. I’d argue that Micah Parsons might be a great pick

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joeyg2033 said:

The same coin flip that gave us Beasley, Takk and Jerry.  If you think about it, everything is a coin flip. You could even say that Lawrence is a coin flip... Weak argument. 

Except all of those were positions of need, and even though none of them lived up to their draft status, they made the team better than it otherwise would have been. Weak argument. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You cannot sit a top 5 pick. If you are taking wilson you have to trade Ryan. Can anybody name one single time a top 5 qb sat for a full year?

Let’s instead list this generations top QB’s who sat to start their career.  Where they are drafted is irrelevant.  Top QB’s who sat to start their career:

1. Patrick Mahomes

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Tom Brady

4. Deshaun Watson

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

I get you’re trying to play devils advocate, but c’mon. Not even the same situation. 

Not the same situation for Arthur Smith either..Tennesee played tough..Falcons are soft as sugar..lol

Edited by zekeyboy1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zekeyboy1 said:

Well if he's the #4 pick, and learning from Matt for a couple of years, wouldn't he be the backup QB?

Look, as others have said, it's going to be nearly impossible to sit a top 5 pick for ONE year let alone a couple. Arthur Smith and Fontenot don't have a Jon Gruden 10 year contract to just screw around and play to win a couple of years down the road. And with as many holes as this team has, is the locker room going to take you seriously if you sit your #4 draft pick? It will be bad vibes all around. And then you still have to eat a bunch of Ryan's contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zekeyboy1 said:

Not the same situation for Arthur Smith either..Tennesee played tough..Falcons are soft as sugar..lol

We were asking Quinn to come in and build a defense from scratch basically. We were at the bottom of the league and had zero talent. We are talented on offense, and we’ve seen what they are capable of with a good scheme and coach. We just need a RB on offense. And I hope he can instill toughness. We will see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PuppyMonster said:

Look, as others have said, it's going to be nearly impossible to sit a top 5 pick for ONE year let alone a couple. Arthur Smith and Fontenot don't have a Jon Gruden 10 year contract to just screw around and play to win a couple of years down the road. And with as many holes as this team has, is the locker room going to take you seriously if you sit your #4 draft pick? It will be bad vibes all around. And then you still have to eat a bunch of Ryan's contract.

Well things could go south with Matt too you know..........At least he'd have a young guy to turn to..To save his own ***. lol....We could always trade Matt at some point of it doesn't work out...We're gonna have to pay him regardless...........

Edited by zekeyboy1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Your last line is the exact reason we shouldn't be taking a qb at 4 in the first place. 

Ya but QB is so much more important than other position I can throw away from a CB or double team a DE. QB literally touches ball every offensive snap. I’m not in camp they have to draft a QB question no questions asked and won’t be mad if they don’t take one. But if you get to 4 and a QB is top of your board you take him imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...