Zach Wilson HAS to be the pick at 4

35 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Jamie Newman in the 5th.  

Matt Ryan for two more seasons.  He will look really good under Arthur Smith.  In the meantime, Newman learns.  

We will have a top-notch QB and a succession plan.  

Stop getting high and then posting on here lmao you want to avoid taking the obvious better QB to take a QB that didn’t even play last year ..might was well draft Trey Lance. Yall throwing names out there.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Wilson is there at 4 I’m taking calls to see if we can get a king’s ransom to move down.  

Can he rush the passer?

Smart man

45 minutes ago, grandcanyonaz said:

No top 5 QB pick sits for the whole year. It's not the rookies demands. It's the fans that usually demand it and the FO and/or HC eventually caves. Too much invested in a top 5 pick to let them sit. That is the way it is now.

Falcons are not going to start a rookie with Ryan still being here. Hes going to sit under Ryan for at least a year. 

When fans say they wouldn't waste a top 5 pick on a player to sit on the bench, why are you labeled a Ryan homer ? To me it's logic, Ryan is NOT the reason this team has been below .500 the past 3 season, and flashy rookie QB is not going change that next year the year after that. If the current playoffs don't show the trenches on both sides of the ball, and a strong run game win championships, I don't know what people are watching.

3 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Deal the 4th and pile up picks.

We are two years at least from needing to draft a qb.

And in 2 years you’ll have to get another qb..which means you’re hitching your eggs on a 2 season window of winning a super bowl which is unlikely and we are right back to the conversation of getting a qb..this isn’t logical at all 

4 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Disagree.  Ryan is under contract for 3 more seasons and I believe he will be good to great for at least the rest of his contract.  At least a year,  more like 2, too early to think about drafting QB. 

And too late in your scenario to be trying to get a QB for the falcons future when the time is clearly now. You want to go 1 step to take 3 back in 2 years ? For what ? Wild card hopes in 2021-2022 then back to the drawing board in 2023...

Edited by Macknsweetjones
Just now, Macknsweetjones said:

And too late in your scenario to be trying to get a QB for the falcons future when the time is clearly now. You want to go 1 step to take 3 back in 2 years ? For what ? Wild card hopes in 2021-2022

If you take one in 2 years it’s not too late.  Rookie could still sit behind for a year if we move on at the end of his contract.  See ... I don’t believe there is any guarantee that Wilson or Fields will be half the QB Ryan still is today.  Make the playoffs and you have a chance at the SB... 

We are not picking a QB- they will ride on Matt Ryan’s shoulder for a while... They will give him that running game he deserves and adding more depth to the OL. The Falcons will move back and get more picks- they have a few holes in their roster mainly in the defense and a RB. 

This is in the cards... They are not wasting their #4 pick on a QB when you still have a good QB who can still win you the big one- They will follow what they did in New Orleans- give your aging QB a running game to compliment your play action plays. 

3 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

And in 2 years you’ll have to get another qb..which means you’re hitching your eggs on a 2 season window of winning a super bowl which is unlikely and we are right back to the conversation of getting a qb..this isn’t logical at all 

And this is the conundrum for the Falcons. Folks who don't want to draft a QB at #4 are correct that the likelihood of a rookie QB being able to get this team to the Super Bowl in the next two years is very low. What too many of them fail to acknowledge is that the same is also true of a Ryan-led team accomplishing that in the next two years. If we're talking about what's most likely, the reality is this team is more than two years away from being a Super Bowl contender. If Ryan is the QB of that team, it means the Falcons have signed a 37yo QB to an extension (i.e., spending money on aging vets that takes away money from the LOS, which the "build around Ryan" crowd say should be happening). 

10 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

If you take one in 2 years it’s not too late.  Rookie could still sit behind for a year if we move on at the end of his contract.  See ... I don’t believe there is any guarantee that Wilson or Fields will be half the QB Ryan still is today.  Make the playoffs and you have a chance at the SB... 

The perfect scenario is the rookie sitting behind Matt, I’m not on the get rid of Ryan train and start a rookie. I’m with drafting our future QB and then use the rest of the draft and FA to help Ryan and the team. This is the best scenario for the Falcons.

27 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Deal the 4th and pile up picks.

We are two years at least from needing to draft a qb.

Or realistically winning anything either. Hence, beyond the $$ implications what is the point of Matt Ryan as the QB  or building around Ryan for the next 2 years. You think we run this same garbage squad out with a new coach and this is a winning team or contender. 

Trying to force a window that is already closed seems pretty dumb from where I'm looking as a proponent of getting the QB if the guy is there at #4.

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You cannot sit a top 5 pick. If you are taking wilson you have to trade Ryan. Can anybody name one single time a top 5 qb sat for a full year?

Why can’t he sit ? Is that a rule or your opinion? Rodgers sat for 3 years(he wasn’t top 5 pick but was in contention to go 1st). Anyone that says he can’t sit for a year is saying out of emotion not logic. No one we pick at 4 is taking this time from 4 wins to 12. 

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You cannot sit a top 5 pick. If you are taking wilson you have to trade Ryan. Can anybody name one single time a top 5 qb sat for a full year?

Absolutely not true. If anything, it's preferable to sit the first year and learn. Even better from a vet like Ryan. It ain't personal, but it's time for the Falcons to start looking at life post-Ryan.

Just now, PointSwayzee said:

Or realistically winning anything either. Hence, beyond the $$ implications what is the point of Matt Ryan as the QB  or building around Ryan for the next 2 years. You think we run this same garbage squad out with a new coach and this is a winning team or contender. 

Trying to force a window that is already closed seems pretty dumb from where I'm looking as a proponent of getting the QB if the guy is there at #4.

Yeah.  I was just expressing my opinion lol.  

Thing  is everybody wanting Wilson, or Fields, or Lawrence for that matter, how do you know you're getting Peyton Manning and not Ryan Leaf? Hindsight makes the choice really obvious, but it wasn't when they were drafted.

List of top 10 drafted QBs in the 2000's isn't really pretty.  Odds are better for getting a great QB  in the top 5 -top 10, but the odds are still 50-50 at best., the odds  go down after that.

7 minutes ago, rh50 said:

Why can’t he sit ? Is that a rule or your opinion? Rodgers sat for 3 years(he wasn’t top 5 pick but was in contention to go 1st). Anyone that says he can’t sit for a year is saying out of emotion not logic. No one we pick at 4 is taking this time from 4 wins to 12. 

Your last line is the exact reason we shouldn't be taking a qb at 4 in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

The scouting reports all say he has a great arm, but I'm just not seeing it. He has a good arm but not in the same stratosphere as the likes of Mahomes, Josh Allen, Rodgers in my opinion. I try to form my own opinions rather than reading the scouting reports, and I think his arm has been overated based on what I've seen.

Seen lots of throws like this...

What he is good at is improvising on the move, changing up his arm angles and throwing off balance - I definitely see some similarities to Mahomes in that sense. 

And Matt Ryan's arm strength is massively underated as well in my opinion. There weren't many throws that I saw Wilson make that Ryan can't. 

Ryan couldn't in a million years have made that 45 yard laser for a TD in that bowl game. This kid is everything physically Ryan isn't. And I feel that with Arthur Smith as HC, the skies the limit with Wilson. 

4 hours ago, Sterling said:

I understand the sentiment, but I personally don't see the difference between sitting a guy selected at #4 or #15. It's still your 1st pick regardless, if the FO thinks that he is the best player on the board, take him. Franchise QBs aren't just laying around and ours is 36. 

That’s the whole thing I don’t think we need one and there are plenty of guys later who we can develop.I think with the right direction personnel wise and improved coaching we can win now not wait another 2-3 years for a guy to maybe be a thee guy.

20 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’s the whole thing I don’t think we need one and there are plenty of guys later who we can develop.I think with the right direction personnel wise and improved coaching we can win now not wait another 2-3 years for a guy to maybe be a thee guy.

Packers just took Love last draft. Packers are playing in the NFC Championship.

Edited by Sterling
3 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

What game did Vick take over for Chandler? 

Like 13 or so I think.

Chandler was near as good a QB as Ryan though, and I don’t think either of these guys are as good prospects as Vick was. So similar, but different scenario. It really all comes down to if the brass thinks Fields or Wilson is that good a prospect. 

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

I've been saying this.  This is the draft to get your replacement franchise quarterback.