Zach Wilson HAS to be the pick at 4

Pros of picking Wilson at 4:

- Lets Wilson learn what being the face of a franchise is all about under Matt Ryan. How to prepare, how to lead, how to analyze film, etc. 

- Sitting behind Matt ryan will allow him to truly master the offense, so when wilson is ready, the offense wont skip a beat.

While I was a Wilson doubter in the past, I was in LOVE with his talent as soon as i saw his highlights and actually watched him. His arm talent is crazy. He can make all the throws, and even on the run. Rolling left and making a throw across your body 40+ yards to the far right side of the field, and having it be on the money is RARE. Most importantly, he goes through reads quickly, and gets the ball out in the blink of an eye. I like justin fields, but he wont have the time in the pocket in the league that he had in college. Wilson makes throws quickly and can sling it with a defender ia in his face, and also put the ball on the money while also taking a shot after the throw. He is mobile and reminds me of Mahomes and Aaron rodgers with some matt ryan in his game. 

I think the league aill notice what im knowing by the draft, and may even contend with Lawrence as QB1. Hes going to be a stud, and Smith and Wilson wiuld be a match made in Heaven. 

Hoping and praying he makes it to 4. I think the falcons go QB, as a young QB learning the everyday habits of matt will help develop a young talent at QB. The falcons want the matt ryan era to switch over smoothly. The best way is to have a young stud learn his everyday habits. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If Wilson is there at 4 I’m taking calls to see if we can get a king’s ransom to move down.  

Can he rush the passer?

Smart man

I tend to agree with the Wilson is the pick, but it is possible he isn't there at 4.

I don't think the Jets are moving on from Darnold this draft, but it also wouldn't stun me if they go QB.

Highly unlikely that Dolphins go QB at 3.

Both of those teams are ripe for teams desiring to trade up to get their QB. Several teams very near to Falcons, or just a bit further down, any of which may decide to pull the trigger to get to #2 or #3 in THIS Draft.

Jets could trade out of 2, acquire picks and either stay with Darnold or go QB a little later.  This scenario begs the question...  do the Falcons ultimately decide to trade with Jets to secure the #2 pick?  The cost would be about as minimal as you'll see to swap #4 for #2 with an extra pick. Jets almost certain to still get their choice of player at #4; especially if another team tradesup via Dolphins to get to #3. 

Could the Falcons swap with the Dolphins to get to #3 for even less?  And still get their QB of choice?

** If I were betting right now....  I believe QBs are going at the first 3 picks in 2021. One way or the other.

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You cannot sit a top 5 pick. If you are taking wilson you have to trade Ryan. Can anybody name one single time a top 5 qb sat for a full year?

That is such a fallacy.  If you get your future Franchise QB in the top 4 and choose to sit him even two years it isn't the end of the world. It's still just ONE pick.  You just need to know what you're getting at QB instead of taking a shot in the dark.

1 minute ago, PapaJoe said:

That is such a fallacy.  If you get your future Franchise QB in the top 4 and choose to sit him even two years it isn't the end of the world. It's still just ONE pick.  You just need to know what you're getting at QB instead of taking a shot in the dark.

Surely you have examples of teams doing this then...name one team that sat a top 5 pick for a full year.

21 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Can he rush the passer?

can anyone the Falcons have ever drafted rush the passer?   when was the last time Falcons actually drafted someone that was good at rushing the passer?  I believe it was Patrick Kerney in 1999 - that was 21 years ago.

Falcons don't know how to draft passrushers.

35 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

The talking heads don't think he will last that long, but I'm in.

If things work out the Falcon's won't have this opportunity for years to come......

I  think positively here.😎

I'm sorry, you must be new here... Haven't you heard? You can get franchise QB's in the later rounds. They literally fall off of trees. If you don't believe me, see Brees... Favre... Brady, just to name a few. 

Edited by joeyg2033

Take Wilson at 4 is a Fking no brainer. The problem is if the three picks in front of us don’t take him or trade out so a team can take him it’d be freaking  stupid to not take him. He’s a baller from hail and will be special. The future for the team who gets him is set. Take him trade MR ever how it works out and run to the podium if he’s still there. The new GMHC coach is set for the next 10-12 TDs just like MR covered TDs asz for 13 yrs. 

It makes too much sense/cents