Great Idea for our first pick...

WE need a back up QB,, And to be smart , we should get one that we feel like could take Matt's place when he retires.. And be as good or even better than Matt.  So,, I've been looking at the top Rankings that has just came out,,, And where all the QBs are ranked..  New Rankings ... So If I were over this draft as of right now,, I think I would  trade down like to #8 and pick up more picks.. And draft our backup QB , Tray Lance , 6-4, 226, North Dakota State.  Who as of right now is ranked to be picked from pick 10 to 20,  Sounds like a smart move to me,, Get our Future QB who will be backup to Matt a few years, And then take the wheel when Ryan decides to retire.  Getting this Future QB and a couple of mid round picks would be a great move IMO..  "Warning" This suggestion is subject to change at any given time between now and the Draft.    ;)

I think Lance will be taken in the 20s...getting similar pre draft hype that Jordan Love did last year,  starting to get mocked top 5-10...it’s still an unknown but QBs are always over mocked.

every year they mock 5-6 in round 1, buts it’s only happened like 3 times. So if a team has say Mac Jones above Lance he could realistically be a early round 2 guy as the 5th QB taken.

39 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Where would you draft Lance at?

He is ranked as of today by many from any where from 10 to 20,,  So if anyone wants to get ,, And when you get a team wanting the #4 pick,, The higher the pick,, the more compensation ...  So we could trade down from to around 6 to 8,, and still get QB Tray Lance plus the picks we would receive from the trade ,, And have our future QB plus a couple more picks with our draft...  And yes I know another team could grab him before we could do that.. But if the New Rankings are not correct , then it wouldn't happen,, But he is ranked right now in the new rankings to be drafted from 10 to 20th pick.   Plus we'd receive a couple of mid picks to boot, unless we got a higher one pick.. :munch:

7 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I think Lance will be taken in the 20s...getting similar pre draft hype that Jordan Love did last year,  starting to get mocked top 5-10...it’s still an unknown but QBs are always over mocked.

every year they mock 5-6 in round 1, buts it’s only happened like 3 times. So if a team has say Mac Jones above Lance he could realistically be a early round 2 guy as the 5th QB taken.

Well, that would be even much better for our team.. We'd get a future #1 QB and at least a couple of more picks to get Him.  Makes my case all the more realistic ,, Which I try very hard to do... I'm saying if we can

1. trade down with our first pick , Lets say to the # 8 pick

2. Draft Lance  with #4 pick, To be our backup as long as Ryan wants to play,, And to boot get at least a couple more draft picks, because of our #4 pick being so high and desirable "

22 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Well, that would be even better for us,,  We'd get even more compensation picks..  :golfclap:

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

WE need a back up QB,, And to be smart , we should get one that we feel like could take Matt's place when he retires.. And be as good or even better than Matt.  So,, I've been looking at the top Rankings that has just came out,,, And where all the QBs are ranked..  New Rankings ... So If I were over this draft as of right now,, I think I would  trade down like to #8 and pick up more picks.. And draft our backup QB , Tray Lance , 6-4, 226, North Dakota State.  Who as of right now is ranked to be picked from pick 10 to 20,  Sounds like a smart move to me,, Get our Future QB who will be backup to Matt a few years, And then take the wheel when Ryan decides to retire.  Getting this Future QB and a couple of mid round picks would be a great move IMO..  "Warning" This suggestion is subject to change at any given time between now and the Draft.    ;)

Oh God no thanks. I'm okay with going QB to get ready for the future if that's the route they go I've watched about 5 or 6 games of Trey Lance and my god he is inaccurate. He gets the ball there but its always high or behind. Not a good combination when going to the NFL where the windows are much tighter. I always do not like his mechanics and throwing motion and trying to fix that for a QB is difficult to impossible depending on the prospect.

2 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Oh God no thanks. I'm okay with going QB to get ready for the future if that's the route they go I've watched about 5 or 6 games of Trey Lance and my god he is inaccurate. He gets the ball there but its always high or behind. Not a good combination when going to the NFL where the windows are much tighter. I always do not like his mechanics and throwing motion and trying to fix that for a QB is difficult to impossible depending on the prospect.

WEll , in that case if you are right.. We could still trade down , pick up a couple more picks and take our Backup QB that our Head Coach thinks should be our future starter and backup for now....  I'm all in for who ever the best QB available in this draft would be at the time we would pick with this trade down to gether more picks. , We'll have to trust in our FO to get the best one.. But still we could take the best QB available , and pick up at least two more picks fairly high..  Hey man,, you have every right to like or dislike my thoughts and what I would like to see us do..   This is what I'd love to see,, Fix the Back up QB problem , and while doing so,, train our future starter when Ryan steps down , Plus have 8 picks left to get all our other needs.   Man kind.. how much better could it get to do this.. ? It don't even have to be Lance,, If they think another QB available if the FO did do this ,, I'd be just fine trusting their pick more than my own.   I'd want the best players we could get ...  And I'm sure they have studied  this  much much more than I have .

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

WEll , in that case if you are right.. We could still trade down , pick up a couple more picks and take our Backup QB that our Head Coach thinks should be our future starter and backup for now....  I'm all in for who ever the best QB available in this draft would be at the time we would pick with this trade down to gether more picks. , We'll have to trust in our FO to get the best one.. But still we could take the best QB available , and pick up at least two more picks fairly high..  Hey man,, you have every right to like or dislike my thoughts and what I would like to see us do..   This is what I'd love to see,, Fix the Back up QB problem , and while doing so,, train our future starter when Ryan steps down , Plus have 8 picks left to get all our other needs.   Man kind.. how much better could it get to do this.. ? It don't even have to be Lance,, If they think another QB available if the FO did do this ,, I'd be just fine trusting their pick more than my own.   I'd want the best players we could get ...  And I'm sure they have studied  this  much much more than I have .

Yeah i agree about the QB situation. I like the Idea of a QB but I've so far watched 5 guys and loke 1 maybe 2 (haven't watched Lawrence he won't be there not worth wasting time). Not disagreeing with your plan i just don't like Lance as a prospect lol

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

He is ranked to go anywhere between 10 and 20. That's why I say we should trade down to #8,, So to make sure we get him. Plus pick up a couple of lower rd picks. 

Why would waste a first round #8 to sit on the bench. They should get rid of Ryan if they draft a QB top 10. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Why would waste a first round #8 to sit on the bench. They should get rid of Ryan if they draft a QB top 10. 

For  a backup QB that we don't have ,, and for a future starter.  A great Coach is always thinking ahead.. What about next year also.. Plus , the main reason right now. WE need a back up QB.. I know Ryan has been a iron man,, But a team that don't have a backup ready.. Is a team that is in big trouble if the starter got hurt or knocked out. 

6 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

For  a backup QB that we don't have ,, and for a future starter.  A great Coach is always thinking ahead.. What about next year also.. Plus , the main reason right now. WE need a back up QB.. I know Ryan has been a iron man,, But a team that don't have a backup ready.. Is a team that is in big trouble if the starter got hurt or knocked out. 

Dude. This team has big gaping holes at Defensive starters snd Running backs. No need to waste picks at #8. This goes exactly opposite to what AB said, he wants to win starting now. No rebuild, if the goal was to rebuild, sure. 

We need to come out of this draft with ether Fields, Lance, or Wilson. Strategy will depend on if QBs are taken with 2nd and 3rd picks before us. If at least 2 of those 3 are still available at the 4 spot, can probably trade down a few spots and still come away with one of them.

13 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Dude. This team has big gaping holes at Defensive starters snd Running backs. No need to waste picks at #8. This goes exactly opposite to what AB said, he wants to win starting now. No rebuild, if the goal was to rebuild, sure. 

Trading down wound give us at least two more picks plus a lower first that we trade down to. . Regardless if you want a QB or any other 3 positions.. Still would love the 3 additional picks.. We could load up. And still have a 10 to 14 pick. 

3 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Trading down wound give us at least two more picks plus a lower first that we trade down to. . Regardless if you want a QB or any other 3 positions.. Still would love the 3 additional picks.. We could load up. And still have a 10 to 14 pick. 

What picks? No one is giving Falcons two first round picks.

18 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

What picks? No one is giving Falcons two first round picks.

If a team is wanting a QB,, You better believe at team will want to trade up..  Where in the world did you come up with two first round picks??  If we was to trade down say like 7 or 8 picks.. WE could get their first rd pick and we could also get a couple more of their picks in the latter rounds,  around a second rounder and a 3rd.. Those top 10 picks are way more valuable than you know evidently .. There is a Value chart you can look up the trade value.. In other words , what you can get for a high first rd pick.. like our #4 , Value Chart for each Round in the Draft.  We could get at least 3 pick for our 4, and that IMO would be a mid first , A high 2nd  and a 3rd.. I have not looked it up , But I'd say we could get at least that many,, You can look it up if you want the exact Values .. The top 5 picks are way higher than than the rest Goes down Quickly because the top 5 picks in most drafts are elite .... players.

6 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

If a team is wanting a QB,, You better believe at team will want to trade up..  Where in the world did you come up with two first round picks??  If we was to trade down say like 7 or 8 picks.. WE could get their first rd pick and we could also get a couple more picks and two from around a second rounder and a 3rd.. Those top 10 picks are way more valuable than you know evidently .. There is a Value chart you can look up the trade value.. In other words , what you can get for a high first rd pick.. like our #4 , Value Chart for each Round in the Draft.

That’s exactly my point, when the team needs a starting DE/SS/FS/CB/RB/LG/DT, you don’t throw picks in the first round away. GB had roster set when they drafted QB last year. You take Wilson/ Lance or any QB at 8, you trade Ryan for players. 

5 hours ago, falcon app said:

Why would Carolina want to trade with us?  In any case Detroit or Carolina might take Lance at their current positions if we don't take him. It is risky to trade back if you think a player can be your franchise QB. 

More to the point, why would we EVER trade a QB to a division rival? If we trade back, it will likely be to an AFC team if it happens at all, which would be Denver at 9. 

I still believe the top three picks will be these QBs. We will be choosing from Sewell, or whoever we consider the best defender on the board. 

13 minutes ago, etherdome said:

Jamie Newman in the 5th.  He marinades for two seasons and then gets a chance to prove himself.  

We will keep Ryan for at least one season and probably longer.  Many of us will be praising him next season under Arthur Smith.  

This guy opted out and everyone forgot about him. He could be the steal of the draft. If we keep Ryan, it's a perfect situation for him to develop.

9 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I’m sure no one has thought of this.

Have you sent AB your resume?