Pick 4

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bottom line is there are three ways to find puzzle pieces. Draft, free agency and trades. TATF thinks the draft is the only way to build a roster. That's how you get in trouble. I believe you draft for the future and fill gaping holes with guys that know how to play NFL football on day one. Not NCAA rookie boys that take 2-3 years to develop. If ever. With that said, Dimi left us in a 2021 cap chasm that will have to be addressed with NFL rooks. Troffed.

You said this last year and were wrong then, too.

We paid for a starting RB and a starting DE.

Did it work out? No.

But we could afford them.

Even IF we don’t manage a great offseason you can literally just blame Covid. :rolleyes:

Next?:munch:

8 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You said this last year and were wrong then, too.

We paid for a starting RB and a starting DE.

Did it work out? No.

But we could afford them.

Even IF we don’t manage a great offseason you can literally just blame Covid. :rolleyes:

Next?:munch:

Bro. We took Gurlie five years too late and got duped by a one year double digit sack guy that rode the coattails of Wade Phillips and Aaron Donald. There's a good chance neither will be on our 2021 roster. That's a Troffing bro. That's why he's gone. Finally.

15 hours ago, 804_Falconfan said:

I'm torn between the two at the moment. Level of competition seems to be the biggest concern for Wilson from everything I've read. And some are worried about Fields ability to read the field fast enough. I like the upside of Fields. I think if they both become the best players their capable of, then I would rather have peak Fields than peak Wilson. But I'm only 60/40 in favor of Fields.

For me it was the level of development. The offseason before his last year he became of student of the game. His growth was tremendous. Fields also had growth but Wilson had more in my honest opinion. Whichever QB we draft, will sit for at least a year. I believe Wilson will take full advantage of that time.

13 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

I agree... Wilson seems to have the "it" factor. Your description of his effortless play is spot on. When I see him move and slide in the pocket he reminds me of Elway. (For those of you old enough to remember him). He's even built like him. His throwing style and mechanics remind me of Rodgers. He has a certain arrogance and cockiness that you want in your star QB. He might not be Lawrence now, but could possibly eclipse him down the road. Even though his level of competition wasn't A-one... That wasn't his fault. He killed it all year. We can't pass on this kid. He could truly be something special. I just pray that the freakin Jets don't grab him at two. But I did read an article saying that they are commited to Darnold... which points to Sewell or Smith at #2. 

I think we have to be more worried if the jets or dolphins trade down. There are a lot of teams that may make a move up! 

For me its simple... 

1 - try to trade down.. grab extra pick and get Surtain or Caleb.

2 - get Surtain 

3 - Only if Sutain is gone .. grab Slater o Penei OL... think Slater would be a al pro OG...

After that we need FS, RB, DE, DT, OL, CB and TE ... we have 9 picks...