• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I personally think there are more issues than that. His upside is nuts and his arm talent is great as well. However, I think he has two big red flags: mental processing and pocket awareness.  He

I've got a feeling Coach Smith plans on sticking with Ryan and feels he can thrive in his system for at least 2 years. Tannehill and Ryan are a lot a like they are both pocket passers. Now does t

Wilson!! He’s a true student of the game and plays effortlessly. He reminds me of Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes. You can’t pass him up if we are going QB.

1 minute ago, 804_Falconfan said:

Yeah. I'm not too sure how much of the article I actually believe but it's something that's out there and you know how these things can spring up again come draft time. 

Big facts! I just hate that anyone can drop anything and it replay like insider gospel lol

7 minutes ago, realhomie81 said:

Without a franchise QB there is no team in a sense. 

Eagles won the super bowl without a franchise qb. Brees is not carrying that team they are a monster. Look at what happened to Lamar last night.  Mahommes did it but i will say that. Wilson just got knocked out he was carrying his team.

Rogers is really good but he is definitely not doing it by himself. Ice can still be a game manager for the next couple of years.

I've got a feeling Coach Smith plans on sticking with Ryan and feels he can thrive in his system for at least 2 years. Tannehill and Ryan are a lot a like they are both pocket passers.

Now does that mean he will pass on Fields or Wilson at 4 with Sewell or Parsons possibly still on the board no clue. Also the QB class next year is nowhere close to Lawrence, Fields and Wilson so there's that.

I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion about that but it's hard for me to believe Smith would use the 4 pick to sit for 2 years.

I would say Ryan under Smith's scheme is capable of 4000+ yards and 40 TD's now I don't see that type of production with Fields or Wilson in their rookie year.

1 hour ago, treboyplay said:

IMO the knock on Fields comes from him playing for Ohio State.

I personally think there are more issues than that. His upside is nuts and his arm talent is great as well. However, I think he has two big red flags: mental processing and pocket awareness. 

He makes some weird decisions that he really doesn't need to be making. Throwing up balls while he's being dragged to the ground & not sliding when he's running the ball. He’s going going to get himself hurt if he doesn’t protect himself make better choices (see Clemson).

He has an inconsistent ability to register pressure coming at him as well. He gets caught holding the ball a bit too long & he also can get stuck on his first target/read too long.

He’s got some mechanical issues too, but that’s easy to fix. The other issues above are real concerns though. 

2 hours ago, realhomie81 said:

So this question is more for those who feel we should go QB at 4 (I'm one those people).  And no I'm not saying draft a QB so we can find a way to unload Matt Ryan this year. Matt has at least 2 to 3 good years left given the right system but it's more than likely his last season as a Falcon. So, we need to prepare for that and already having our hopefully future franchise QB already here and being groomed by one the best to ever do it on and off the field would be great way to start a new QB era. With that being said, my question is; which QB is more likely to be a better NFL player Fields or Wilson?  I know this question has probably been asked numerous of times but I'm asking again. 

I think Fields but idk in this situation it feel like 1a 1b I think we will be ok with either of them and with Matt showing them the ropes I think we would be fine.

24 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Eagles won the super bowl without a franchise qb. Brees is not carrying that team they are a monster. Look at what happened to Lamar last night.  Mahommes did it but i will say that. Wilson just got knocked out he was carrying his team.

Rogers is really good but he is definitely not doing it by himself. Ice can still be a game manager for the next couple of years.

Why would we want a game manager for the future of this team ? (Ryan isn’t a game manager now I don’t think yet) but no telling in 2 years) and why are we postponing locking up our future QB so we don’t have to do this in 2 to 3 years...yall need to let go of that cowboy into the sunset ******** cause it’s likely not happening here..and look towards the falcons future. It’s like some of our fans want to hold on to pieces of the past regime by wanting incompetence 

29 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I've got a feeling Coach Smith plans on sticking with Ryan and feels he can thrive in his system for at least 2 years. Tannehill and Ryan are a lot a like they are both pocket passers.

Now does that mean he will pass on Fields or Wilson at 4 with Sewell or Parsons possibly still on the board no clue. Also the QB class next year is nowhere close to Lawrence, Fields and Wilson so there's that.

I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion about that but it's hard for me to believe Smith would use the 4 pick to sit for 2 years.

I would say Ryan under Smith's scheme is capable of 4000+ yards and 40 TD's now I don't see that type of production with Fields or Wilson in their rookie year.

My feeling is this is Ryan's last year with us so why wait? And just like you said next year's QB class isn't looking to promising. 

24 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

I personally think there are more issues than that. His upside is nuts and his arm talent is great as well. However, I think he has two big red flags: mental processing and pocket awareness. 

He makes some weird decisions that he really doesn't need to be making. Throwing up balls while he's being dragged to the ground & not sliding when he's running the ball. He’s going going to get himself hurt if he doesn’t protect himself make better choices (see Clemson).

He has an inconsistent ability to register pressure coming at him as well. He gets caught holding the ball a bit too long & he also can get stuck on his first target/read too long.

He’s got some mechanical issues too, but that’s easy to fix. The other issues above are real concerns though. 

Those however issues are too critical to overlook pass. 

Edited by realhomie81
2 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

He doesn’t...is Matt Ryan generational ? Cause I don’t think so. I think he’s good always been good..generational ? No to me that’s like Rodgers/Mahomes/Brady/Manning

Maybe Matt isn't generational but no one knew those other four QBs would be either. It's all a gamble and that's with any player. 

48 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

I read your entire summary before seeing who wrote it. Thought to myself after reading...  this guy gets it; couldn't have said it better myself. I bet we see things very similarly on football players!

Then I (previously m2Falcons) look to see who wrote it.   😁 too dang funny.

6 minutes ago, PapaJoe said:

I read your entire summary before seeing who wrote it. Thought to myself after reading...  this guy gets it; couldn't have said it better myself. I bet we see things very similarly on football players!

Then I (previously m2Falcons) look to see who wrote it.   😁 too dang funny.

Dang man I was wondering where you’ve been! Didn’t realize you did a name change. Always respect your insight and opinion man.

2 hours ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

Wilson!! He’s a true student of the game and plays effortlessly. He reminds me of Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes. You can’t pass him up if we are going QB.

I agree... Wilson seems to have the "it" factor. Your description of his effortless play is spot on. When I see him move and slide in the pocket he reminds me of Elway. (For those of you old enough to remember him). He's even built like him. His throwing style and mechanics remind me of Rodgers. He has a certain arrogance and cockiness that you want in your star QB. He might not be Lawrence now, but could possibly eclipse him down the road. Even though his level of competition wasn't A-one... That wasn't his fault. He killed it all year. We can't pass on this kid. He could truly be something special. I just pray that the freakin Jets don't grab him at two. But I did read an article saying that they are commited to Darnold... which points to Sewell or Smith at #2. 

I like Fields and I like that we’ve seen how he performs in big games against heavy competition. I like that he can throw a rope for distance but also take the 1st down into his own hands /feet if needed. He’s a fighter.  

Who knows what happens between now and combine and pro days and all the coaching turnstiles.  Can’t guess who we’ll actually pick.  Ryan isn’t forever.  Ryan isn’t Rodgers, let that go.  The next season will be a transition anyway so it’s the perfect time to bring in a future QB even if they don’t start.

If I can dream build and we don’t pick a QB this year I’d hope for Sam Howell next time.