Pick 4

So this question is more for those who feel we should go QB at 4 (I'm one those people).  And no I'm not saying draft a QB so we can find a way to unload Matt Ryan this year. Matt has at least 2 to 3 good years left given the right system but it's more than likely his last season as a Falcon. So, we need to prepare for that and already having our hopefully future franchise QB already here and being groomed by one the best to ever do it on and off the field would be great way to start a new QB era. With that being said, my question is; which QB is more likely to be a better NFL player Fields or Wilson?  I know this question has probably been asked numerous of times but I'm asking again. 

3 minutes ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

Wilson!! He’s a true student of the game and plays effortlessly. He reminds me of Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes. You can’t pass him up if we are going QB.

I like Wilson as well but I see some fans like Fields over him so I'm just wanting know is there something I'm missing about Fields. 

I'm torn between the two at the moment. Level of competition seems to be the biggest concern for Wilson from everything I've read. And some are worried about Fields ability to read the field fast enough. I like the upside of Fields. I think if they both become the best players their capable of, then I would rather have peak Fields than peak Wilson. But I'm only 60/40 in favor of Fields.

6 minutes ago, 804_Falconfan said:

I'm torn between the two at the moment. Level of competition seems to be the biggest concern for Wilson from everything I've read. And some are worried about Fields ability to read the field fast enough. I like the upside of Fields. I think if they both become the best players their capable of, then I would rather have peak Fields than peak Wilson. But I'm only 60/40 in favor of Fields.

Fair assessment 

IMO the knock on Fields comes from him playing for Ohio State. I hear about how NO buckeye qbs succeed in the NFL all the time. But truth be told the kid can play. He can make ALL the throws. He plays tough and he’s athletic. The coaches can develop him and get even more out of him once he hits the league. Not saying he’ll be Pat Mahomes, but even Mahomes said he’s just truly learning how to read defenses and know what teams are trying to do to him this off season. Give him time to grow.

I haven’t watched enough of Wilson to give a true opinion of him yet.

2 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

IMO the knock on Fields comes from him playing for Ohio State. I hear about how NO buckeye qbs succeed in the NFL all the time. But truth be told the kid can play. He can make ALL the throws. He plays tough and he’s athletic. The coaches can develop him and get even more out of him once he hits the league. Not saying he’ll be Pat Mahomes, but even Mahomes said he’s just truly learning how to read defenses and know what teams are trying to do to him this off season. Give him time to grow.

I was always a little higher on Wilson than Fields. I have to be honest that changed after the Clemson game just because of the toughest he showed to play through that injury. But after the National Championship I was right back with Wilson over Fields. 

1 minute ago, 804_Falconfan said:

It also seems like there are rumblings of "character concerns" with Wilson. Seems like the same sort of concerns people had with Josh Rosen when he was coming out but time will tell.  

I haven't seen or heard anything about character issues.

13 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

The OSU thing does concern me. It reminds me of 10-15 years ago when every USC quarterback was drafted in the 1st round to bust. It's not a fair assessment, but it's concerning. 

1 minute ago, dodge_birds_fan said:

The OSU thing does concern me. It reminds me of 10-15 years ago when every USC quarterback was drafted in the 1st round to bust. It's not a fair assessment, but it's concerning. 

I dont know if that is much of concern as to his inability to read and react at fast pace. Plus his release is kind slow and his mechanics aren't great. 

Since Lawrence is going #1 to me its Wilson or noone in the 1st. I don't like Fields and I dont think Trey Lance as any shot of being good. Id rather take Mack Jones In the 2nd if he is there which is unlikely but you never know how QBs after the 1st "tier" are gonna go. If no Wilson pray someone likes one of the remaining QBs trade back get picks go from there

18 minutes ago, 804_Falconfan said:

Practically everyone has refuted this ONE article pushed by LaCanfora <hack> to include 'BYU people'.  Go do your own research on Z. Wilson... it's called Google and YouTube.  He is NOT a Rosen, or Manziel, or McMahon, etc./

30 minutes ago, 804_Falconfan said:

Besides running on and onto start, this article quoted someone that contradicts himself. Dude says he is not a leader and blah blah and then says teammates will definitely follow him????! Yea ...... um...... uh..... errrrummuh..... 😳 

17 minutes ago, PapaJoe said:

Practically everyone has refuted this ONE article pushed by LaCanfora <hack> to include 'BYU people'.  Go do your own research on Z. Wilson... it's called Google and YouTube.  He is NOT a Rosen, or Manziel, or McMahon, etc./

As a rule of thumb, I tend to not put a lot of stock into "anonymous scouts". Was just pointing out something that came up recently while I was researching Wilson

7 minutes ago, HULK said:

Besides running on and onto start, this article quoted someone that contradicts himself. Dude says he is not a leader and blah blah and then says teammates will definitely follow him????! Yea ...... um...... uh..... errrrummuh..... 😳 

Yeah. I'm not too sure how much of the article I actually believe but it's something that's out there and you know how these things can spring up again come draft time.