Arthur Blank does one thing as well or better than anybody else...

• marvinthemartian changed the title to Arthur Blank does one thing as well or better than anybody else...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First of all, as a Falcons fan since 1966 and having suffered through the Rankin Smith ownership tenure, I am forever grateful to Arthur Blank for what he has done for this city and this franchise. He

Arthur Blank is the man,  If you get a chance to read his book "Good Company", it will totally suck you in, When you go to Mercedes Benz Stadium, you really DO get it.  We dont deserve the guy..

Hear hear!  A bad coach, bad player, or bad GM can be replaced.  You might have 0 chance of a good team in your lifetime with a bad owner. I see some of the absolute dysfunction and horror of som

Yeah, I'm grateful for him. The one concern I had was with covid, if he'd be able to do his normal wining and dining. It truly seems like if you meet with Arthur and he wants you, you'll also want to be here. 

I saw someone criticizing the hire online, not a Falcons fans from what I could tell, and they said something along the lines of "this is why some teams never win, because they don't want to pay for real coaches." and accused Blank of being cheap. Just comical 

Just now, Foo Falcons said:

Whether the man says "Atlanter" or not, he's definitely a great owner that we gotta respect. The most recent hires haven't panned out but thats not all on him. He's done a lot for this franchise and we definitely gotta be happy to have him at the helm

I have 0 trust in anyone that doesn't say Atlanna. /Purple

23 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

First of all, as a Falcons fan since 1966 and having suffered through the Rankin Smith ownership tenure, I am forever grateful to Arthur Blank for what he has done for this city and this franchise. He makes mistakes like we all do but he is still one of the very best owners, not just in the NFL, but in all of pro sports. 

Mr Blank does one thing exceptionally well. When he decides he wants someone in his organization, he does whatever has to be done and gets the person he wants. He is not cheap. You never hear him complain publicly about money or having to pay big contracts even if those contracts were ill-advised. It may not always turn out to be the best decision, but give the man credit where credit is due... he goes after who and what he wants and gets it. I truly appreciate him as an owner. We are fortunate to have him. 

You are spot on. Lord knows Rankin Smith could care less about spending money on good players.  Years of longggg suffering as a Falcons fan.  Arthur shows he still wants a championship and makes changes when necessary to try and improve the team.

15 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Yeah, I'm grateful for him. The one concern I had was with covid, if he'd be able to do his normal wining and dining. It truly seems like if you meet with Arthur and he wants you, you'll also want to be here. 

I saw someone criticizing the hire online, not a Falcons fans from what I could tell, and they said something along the lines of "this is why some teams never win, because they don't want to pay for real coaches." and accused Blank of being cheap. Just comical 

He was obviously mistaking Mr Blank for the Cincinnati owners lol

6 minutes ago, Power I said:

From Arthur Smith himself: "The Falcons organization stood out to us in this process primarily due to the leadership and support from the top in Arthur Blank."

But, but, we were the worst option out of all the openings. We would have to get the last candidate standing. How can this be?  It does not agree with my pre-determined but fallacious narrative /purple

5 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I can't give too much hate to Rankin Smith. He brought us this team. He was a business man, but knew nothing about running a football franchise.

True. I’m thankful to him for that. We would have gotten one eventually but Atlanta was still a pretty sleepy little Southern town in the mid 60s. It would have been awhile before we got one and if we did it might have been an AFL franchise 

1 hour ago, Mr. Lubba Lubba© said:

Hear hear!  A bad coach, bad player, or bad GM can be replaced.  You might have 0 chance of a good team in your lifetime with a bad owner.

I see some of the absolute dysfunction and horror of some other NFL teams and we are definitely in great hands.

Jaguars, Lions, Jets, Bengals to name a few.