Jump to content

Dean Peas mentioned as possible DC according to La Canfora


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

La Canfora? I need some one who gets it right with Falcons to confirm.

I really love Dean Pees, but the dude is retired. And since La Canfora said it, it's almost a lock not to happen

I know we are aren’t the most patient fan base but I hope if he does come in we give pees a chance

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Wade Phillips is 73 years old and retired but it hasn't stopped folks here from begging for him even though he hasn't had a great defense in 5 years.

 

I wouldn't it at all if we hired him as a defensive consultant or something of the sort. He has tons of knowledge and it couldnt hurt. Dean Pees is 71 years old...

Edited by Snafu
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Wade Phillips is 73 years old and retired but it hasn't stopped folks here from begging for him even though he hasn't had a great defense in 5 years.

But has Wade retired? He’s not working but his Twitter feed suggests he’s wanting to keep working. Retiring on the other hand is a decision to quit working. Making that choice is understandable once. But to realize you still want to work, come back, work some more and then decide to retire again? To me that’s entirely different that someone out there still looking like Wade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I think if Pees does become the DC, it'll only be like a 1 year thing as he gets a younger coach ready to fully take over the reigns and becomes a a full time defensive advisor in year 2.

 

 

Personally hope Ulbrich stays. Pees would be a great mentor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

But has Wade retired? He’s not working but his Twitter feed suggests he’s wanting to keep working. Retiring on the other hand is a decision to quit working. Making that choice is understandable once. But to realize you still want to work, come back, work some more and then decide to retire again? To me that’s entirely different that someone out there still looking like Wade. 

Well Phillips Twitter feed says he's ready to unretire from retirement. So that would say that he retired.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

But has Wade retired? He’s not working but his Twitter feed suggests he’s wanting to keep working. Retiring on the other hand is a decision to quit working. Making that choice is understandable once. But to realize you still want to work, come back, work some more and then decide to retire again? To me that’s entirely different that someone out there still looking like Wade. 

He was connected to Vrabel and probably wanted to help him out as a first time head coach. Same for Smith.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Ulbrich is use to running a different scheme though.

 

Plus, I don't think Arthur Smith retains him. He may follow Morris.

But he’s young and smart, and did a great job last year under tough circumstances. All which is why I think pees would be a great mentor to transition Jeff over to a new scheme.

It’s anybody’s guess on who new HC gets to run his D. I’m just stating my opinion that Ulbrich’s body of work should be considered.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I think if Pees does become the DC, it'll only be like a 1 year thing as he gets a younger coach ready to fully take over the reigns and becomes a a full time defensive advisor in year 2.

 

 

Shane Bowen. Just a hunch

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

Ulbrich is use to running a different scheme though.

 

Plus, I don't think Arthur Smith retains him. He may follow Morris.

Morris doesn't even look like he'll be getting a coordinator position atm

Don't think anyone will be following/working under him

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

No he's not. Not even close. Stop living in 2015.

He has more sacks in his years as a DC than any team ever in the same amount of time.. don't know how you can't look at those stats and say hes not good anymore.. sure sacks aren't everything but got wouldn't this team love to have that problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jamesmasen said:

He has more sacks in his years as a DC than any team ever in the same amount of time.. don't know how you can't look at those stats and say hes not good anymore.. sure sacks aren't everything but got wouldn't this team love to have that problem 

Maybe because I look at points and yards rankings and not just sacks? Sacks doesn't win games. Points win games. I posted Wade Phillips stats for his last several years as a DC. Outside of 2 years with the Broncos his defenses were right in the middle of the pack.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...