Jump to content

Dean Peas mentioned as possible DC according to La Canfora


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, FalconsGM said:

Yes that's why I would have taken Dean Pees as senior assistant with Bob Sutton. And Wade Philips like DC. Nothing is official yet so we are sure of nothing

If you got Wade Phillips there’s no need for Dean Pees in any role. Those are two men with very specific schemes and identities. That’s just too many cooks in the kitchen at that point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

La Canfora? I need some one who gets it right with Falcons to confirm.

I really love Dean Pees, but the dude is retired. And since La Canfora said it, it's almost a lock not to happen

I know we are aren’t the most patient fan base but I hope if he does come in we give pees a chance

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FalconsGM said:

I always loved Vic I think he can really be successful in Nfl if he is put in the right conditions. We can take the example of Shaquil Barett, average edge rusher who put in good condition becomes very good. To see Vic perform in the Falcons jersey would be amazing. 

I have a feeling Dante Fowler is better in OLB in a 3-4 defense, and that Grady Jarrett could be used like Aaron Donald. But also a 3-4 defense gives more opportunity than 1vs1. Here I give you the video of Urban Meyer who explains better than me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppplmIpHDLk

Vic is what Vic is. He’s been tried in every role and every type of condition. That ship has sailed.

And you’re talking 3/4 defense but they are not all the same. The 3-4 defense that Aaron Donald plays in is not the type of 3-4 defense that Dean Pees runs.

The one on ones come because of the alignments that Wade Phillips and Brandon Staley use which favors one gap. Dean Pees uses more two-gap stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Vic is what Vic is. He’s been tried in every role and every type of condition. That ship has sailed.

And you’re talking 3/4 defense but they are not all the same. The 3-4 defense that Aaron Donald plays in is not the type of 3-4 defense that Dean Pees runs.

The one on ones come because of the alignments that Wade Phillips and Brandon Staley use which favors one gap. Dean Pees uses more two-gap stuff.

 

I had forgot that Wade Phillips ran a one-gap system.

 

Pees is gonna need some OLB/DE players if he becomes DC. I think Fowler can be salvaged if he can stay healthy next season. But the Falcons are gonna need more.

 

Who do you think in the draft would be perfect for Pees defense? Both at Edge rusher and D-linemen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

I'm talking about the defense of Wade Philips I don't know at all that of Dean Pees if you know videos where she is explaining that interests me a lot. If not I would go see his defense in game.

And yes it's true Vic is Vic but he's so talented it's a shame he lacks motivation with motivation he can be a 10sacks guy every year

Well this is what I’m getting at then. It’s not the alignment that will make us better in so much as the coach and how he fits what he does to our strength.

So our defense wouldn’t work better in a 3-4 — because we’ve tried that before — our defense needs the right coach. 

I’ll see if I can dig some stuff out for you to break it down.

 

To Vic... I’ll leave that one be but Vic is a one trick pony who never added any real dimension to his repertoire. His rush is all speed and a half-a**ed spin move as a change up. And this is coming from someone who had high HIGH hopes for Vic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I had forgot that Wade Phillips ran a one-gap system.

 

Pees is gonna need some OLB/DE players if he becomes DC. I think Fowler can be salvaged if he can stay healthy next season. But the Falcons are gonna need more.

 

Who do you think in the draft would be perfect for Pees defense? Both at Edge rusher and D-linemen.

I’m not sure about the entire pool right now but the kid out of Miami, Rousseau looks the part of you’re looking for a guy with some length on the edge who looks athletic enough to play in space when called on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

Rapsheet just says Pees would come on and help. Did not say he would be DC.

New Bob Sutton? On staff to help whomever gets the DC job and maybe help with player selection for scheme fit w/ Terry Fontenot and whomever his staff accrue a list over for FA & Draft?

Edited by Ergo Proxy
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I’m not sure about the entire pool right now but the kid out of Miami, Rousseau looks the part of you’re looking for a guy with some length on the edge who looks athletic enough to play in space when called on.

Depending on the DC, we could go Parsons or drop down some for Rousseau.

We may try to build up the front 7 and upgrade FS year 1. I don’t think we will focus on CB round 1, but I could be wrong. Trade down...front 7 player + Najee or best RB left at our round 2 pick?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

 

I had forgot that Wade Phillips ran a one-gap system.

 

Pees is gonna need some OLB/DE players if he becomes DC. I think Fowler can be salvaged if he can stay healthy next season. But the Falcons are gonna need more.

 

Who do you think in the draft would be perfect for Pees defense? Both at Edge rusher and D-linemen.

Basham Jr, Jones ,Weaver, Phillips, Roche Paye, Ossai. I'm not adding Rousseau he only shines when lined up over center and has no technique 

All these guys are two and three point stances edge rushers and can drop in zone.

 

Edited by GATXBOI
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Depending on the DC, we could go Parsons or drop down some for Rousseau.

We may try to build up the front 7 and upgrade FS year 1. I don’t think we will focus on CB round 1, but I could be wrong. Trade down...front 7 player + Najee or best RB left at our round 2 pick?

We’re in uncharted waters now my friend with these new hires. I could see this thing going half a dozen different ways at this point. One day I love Parsons, the next KOG has got me excited over Surtain.

I’ll have a better feel when we know who the DC is. But I think with the Arthur Smith hire, the new QB might be out the window. 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

We’re in uncharted waters now my friend with these new hires. I could see this thing going half a dozen different ways at this point. One day I love Parsons, the next KOG has got me excited over Surtain.

I’ll have a better feel when we know who the DC is. But I think with the Arthur Smith hire, the new QB might be out the window. 😳

Thats....(laughs a lot)...a real shame! :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

We’re in uncharted waters now my friend with these new hires. I could see this thing going half a dozen different ways at this point. One day I love Parsons, the next KOG has got me excited over Surtain.

I’ll have a better feel when we know who the DC is. But I think with the Arthur Smith hire, the new QB might be out the window. 😳

Or atleast it becomes less of a priority.

Where they may target a qb later in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Wade Phillips is 73 years old and retired but it hasn't stopped folks here from begging for him even though he hasn't had a great defense in 5 years.

 

I wouldn't it at all if we hired him as a defensive consultant or something of the sort. He has tons of knowledge and it couldnt hurt. Dean Pees is 71 years old...

Edited by Snafu
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Wade Phillips is 73 years old and retired but it hasn't stopped folks here from begging for him even though he hasn't had a great defense in 5 years.

But has Wade retired? He’s not working but his Twitter feed suggests he’s wanting to keep working. Retiring on the other hand is a decision to quit working. Making that choice is understandable once. But to realize you still want to work, come back, work some more and then decide to retire again? To me that’s entirely different that someone out there still looking like Wade. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...