Dean Peas mentioned as possible DC according to La Canfora

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

His defenses weren’t amazing by any means but they were always solid/good for the most part. It’s not a coincidence that after he retired the entire Titans defense and all their players turned to crap. 

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Pees had top defenses with the Pats. Was pretty good with the Ravens for the most part along with a SB.

Had the 3rd ranked defense with the Titans in 2018 and 12th ranked in 2019. Titans haven't been able to rush the QB much at all this season with Pees retired.

My issue was that his defenses were middling. Which would be an improvement from where we’ve been but there is usually a significant decline. Wade Phillips would be an ok hire. If Smith decides to be HC/Play caller, I wouldn’t mind these hiring a because they could work autonomously more than a fresh faced dc. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

La Canfora? I need some one who gets it right with Falcons to confirm.

I really love Dean Pees, but the dude is retired. And since La Canfora said it, it's almost a lock not to happen

I know we are aren’t the most patient fan base but I hope if he does come in we give pees a chance

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

His defenses weren’t amazing by any means but they were always solid/good for the most part. It’s not a coincidence that after he retired the entire Titans defense and all their players turned to crap. 

Yeah exactly. He would be better than any DC we’ve had in the last 10 years easily. Not saying much, but he’s done well everywhere he’s gone. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

My issue was that his defenses were middling. Which would be an improvement from where we’ve been but there is usually a significant decline. Wade Phillips would be an ok hire. If Smith decides to be HC/Play caller, I wouldn’t mind these hiring a because they could work autonomously more than a fresh faced dc. 

Pees had top 10 and top 5 defenses with the Pats.

He had a transition period at the end of the Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, and Terrell Suggs era and still made them into a top 6 defense before leaving Baltimore.

He made the Titans the 3rd ranked defense his 1st year and top 12 with less talent the next season.

9 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Almost all his defenses were top 12 at worst though according to what A-Town posted. At worst, he did a good job with the LBs and S on the teams he coached. At S especially, he’s consistently made guys look like pro bowlers or even All-Pros. The one negative I see with him is that his defenses haven’t had dominant pass rushes from recent memory. 

1 minute ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

By Pees coming from years with Belichick, would he find a way to fit Grady into his scheme?

I would imagine so, but that still might not entail using him at his full capabilities.

Like we were running odd fronts last year to start the season (and getting gashed while doing it I may add) ... Grady’s the type of player who played it but it wasn’t doing what he did best.

1 minute ago, FalconsGM said:

Was he a good DC or not? The Jaguars finished last so I don't know. But he was the DC in Sacksonville, after that they traded all the good players. Maybe we could hire him to be our D-Line coach

Lol you answered your own question. That defense was rolling until they traded everyone. And his scheme is more of a fit for what we already have. You get Pees, you’d have to break some things to get it running.

10 minutes ago, FalconsGM said:

Was he a good DC or not? The Jaguars finished last so I don't know. But he was the DC in Sacksonville, after that they traded all the good players. Maybe we could hire him to be our D-Line coach

Just now, RazorWing said:

Lol. I saw it on wiki too

Now this is the real question here: how exactly did you find yourself on Todd Wash’s wiki page, of all people? 😂

Just now, FalconsGM said:

I was looking for a potential D-Line coach for the Falcons. I found an article that said he was a good coach. I went to his wikipedia page to see where he coached and I saw that it was our DC

Gotcha. He does have a great rep with defensive lines but if it is Pees, I’m not sure it would be a fit for him there. Defensive line isn’t primarily where the pressure comes from in his scheme.

The Jets with his old understudy Saleh would make more sense.

1 minute ago, FalconsGM said:

Our defense would work best in 3-4 in my opinion. Todd Wash would coach the Interior Lineman and Tosh Lupoi the Edge Rusher. I would have preferred Wade Philips for 2-3 years to put the defensive players in the best positions to use 100% of each player and win a Superbowl with Matt and JJ. With Dean Pees as senior assistant and during the 2-3 years train a young defensive coach to take over when they retire.

But I also have a question we lack Edge Rusher, so why not bring Vic Beasley back for the minimum for 1 year and use it in OLB on the RT where he could beat him with his speed. Use him in a Von Miller role where he's best, in DE he hasn't enough pass rush move to beat the tackle. So we keep draft capital and we can go back down to the draft and draft another position than Edge

Why would our defense work best in a 3-4

And Vic Beasley has already played the Von Miller role when he was moved to SAM.