Dean Peas mentioned as possible DC according to La Canfora

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

La Canfora? I need some one who gets it right with Falcons to confirm.

I really love Dean Pees, but the dude is retired. And since La Canfora said it, it's almost a lock not to happen

I know we are aren’t the most patient fan base but I hope if he does come in we give pees a chance

Posted Images

1 minute ago, booty-mane said:

Not that familiar with Pees. Can someone help me understand his philosophy and what he does well? I know he coaches the ravens, titans, blah. But trying to learn something that wikipedia doesn't teach

Still learning. But from what im seeing. Runs a 3-4. In total team defense according to prf hes had a top 15 defense each year hes been a DC. 

I was reading an article that said he runs a pretty complex scheme that changes quite a bit from week to week based on the opponent. 

it’s a nice change from the basic scheme that DQ ran that just relied on speed. BUT wasn’t a very complex scheme an issue before DQ arrived? Where guys were having to think too much and became too slow to react? 

31 minutes ago, booty-mane said:

Not that familiar with Pees. Can someone help me understand his philosophy and what he does well? I know he coaches the ravens, titans, blah. But trying to learn something that wikipedia doesn't teach

29 minutes ago, SLEVEN said:

I’ll be honest, I’ve never heard of this guy before the rumours, but he has been part of some GREAT teams. I’m all for hiring a guy with the amount of experience and success he has. 

29 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Still learning. But from what im seeing. Runs a 3-4. In total team defense according to prf hes had a top 15 defense each year hes been a DC. 

Pees won the SB as DC of the Ravens under John Harbaugh.

He was the Ravens DC for 5 years before becoming DC of the Titans in 18' and 19' before retiring.

Dean Pees is super underrated. He’s worked with Saban, Belicheck, Harbaugh

Started in the NFL under Belicheck coaching linebackers such as Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Mike Vrabel, Willie McGinest, and Junior Seau. Then he was bumped up to defensive coordinator and has himself a couple of Super Bowl caliber defenses.

New England DC (2006–2009)
Defensive ranks: 2nd, 4th, 8th, 5th

Baltimore DC (2012–2017)
Defensive ranks: 12th, 12th, 6th, 24th, 9th, 6th

Tennessee DC (2018–2019)
Defensive ranks: 3rd, 12th

Mind you, before and after his tenure with the Titans, they weren’t that good. 24th this year for comparison.

People talk about the Elite DCs like Kiffin, LeBeau, Belicheck, and Ryan, but I think Dean Pees is pretty solid in his own respect. Surprised people like Phillips more than Pees, but I think it’s only because of the name recognition.

11 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not a fan of Dean Pees. Former Ravens DC.  He wasn’t doing so hot with them and didn’t do well with the Titans either. Hard pass. 

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/30/did-former-ravens-dc-dean-pees-retire-to-avoid-being-fired/

That’s why they’re all begging for him to come back. 

14 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not a fan of Dean Pees. Former Ravens DC.  He wasn’t doing so hot with them and didn’t do well with the Titans either. Hard pass. 

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/30/did-former-ravens-dc-dean-pees-retire-to-avoid-being-fired/

His defenses weren’t amazing by any means but they were always solid/good for the most part. It’s not a coincidence that after he retired the entire Titans defense and all their players turned to crap. 

13 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Pees had top defenses with the Pats. Was pretty good with the Ravens for the most part along with a SB.

Had the 3rd ranked defense with the Titans in 2018 and 12th ranked in 2019. Titans haven't been able to rush the QB much at all this season with Pees retired.

11 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Started in the NFL under Belicheck coaching linebackers such as Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Mike Vrabel, Willie McGinest, and Junior Seau. Then he was bumped up to defensive coordinator and has himself a couple of Super Bowl caliber defenses.

Baltimore DC (2012–2017)

Tennessee DC (2018–2019)

Mind you, before and after his tenure with the Titans, they weren’t that good. 24th this year for comparison.

People talk about the Elite DCs like Kiffin, LeBeau, Belicheck, and Ryan, but I think Dean Pees is pretty solid in his own respect. Surprised people like Phillips more than Pees, but I think it’s only because of the name recognition.

I’ve always been a fan of Pees. But like you said people don’t know the name.

13 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Baltimore DC (2012–2017)

Tennessee DC (2018–2019)

People also have to remember that Pees also had to deal with the transition of the Ravens defense from losing Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, and an aging Terrell Suggs.

Pees was able to get that defense through that transition and back on track before leaving Baltimore.