• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldnt be so quick to assume Smith needs a back that fits Henry’s size profile. The system isnt set on a big bruiser back to be successful...actually it’s more RB friendly and generally you can get

You may not have seen Lindstrom development but most did, including the league...evidenced by him receiving a handful of All Pro votes even. I just think youre a bit pessimistic overall on the ro

Rhamondre Stevenson School: Oklahoma Position: RB 6-0, 246lb (183cm, 111kg) Remind you of a diet version of a particular RB in Tennessee?       Travis

Posted Images

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

How is he the clear choice? Dude never topped 1000 yards in college. He did absolutely jack for the first 4 games of the season and then had a crazy 3 game tear. It's like people want to base everybody on only the championship game lmao...

He got the potential. I think he perfect for nfl. Some college backs run for all those yards and don't do jack

46 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I'm old school, and love big brawling running backs like William Andrews or Earl Campbell.  I know zero college ball, who is coming out that meets these parameters?

Just some names I like:

Javonte Williams, UNC

Trey Sermon, Ohio State

Khalil Herbert, Virginia Tech

Rhamondre Stevenson, Oklahoma

Gerrid Doaks, Cincinnati

Jermar Jefferson, Oregon State

Larry Rountree III, Missouri

Kylin Hill, Mississippi State

D’vonte Price, FIU

Just now, A-TowN.- said:

Just some names I like:

Javonte Williams, UNC

Trey Sermon, Ohio State

Khalil Herbert, Virginia Tech

Rhamondre Stevenson, Oklahoma

Gerrid Doaks, Cincinnati

Jermar Jefferson, Oregon State

Larry Rountree III, Missouri

Kylin Hill, Mississippi State

D’vonte Price, FIU

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, booty-mane said:

What's everyone's take on Qadree? He seems to fit the mold of Henry and his college tape looks pretty solid. Hope he gets more chances with Artie

He is a big question mark still, and got shafted due to the Falcons failed marketing ploy of signing Gurley. Basically they wasted a year of his career to try and sell tickets.

They had the wrong RB deactivated at the tail end of the season...Gurley looked slow, disinterested and the amount of mistakes he made for a seasoned vet was alarming. I have little doubt Olli could have given the team what Gurley did in the second half of the season.

Just now, 1989Fan said:

He is a big question market still, and got shafted by the Falcons failed marketing ploy of signing Gurley. Basically wasted a year of his career to try and sell tickets. The had the wrong RB deactivated at the tail end of the season...Gurley looked slow, disinterested and the amount of mistakes he made for a seasoned vet was confusing.

Yea that's a great way to put it. We never had an offensive identity under Koetter so decided to make a flashy signing in FA. One of the more boneheaded decisions of TD/DQ. 

4 hours ago, chris2010 said:

While Smith was in Tennessee they drafted 4 first rd lineman. Warmack, Conklin, Lewan, and Isiah Wilson. Wouldn’t surprise me if we trade down and take a guard.  

may I introduce Deonte Brown

6-4 350 and didn’t allow a sack in 4 years of playing. Probably is a day 2 guy though  

image.thumb.jpeg.bc0699c1e815723b59682c114b0a7ced.jpeg

Dude's a "Hoss" and I'd love to compliment the pick with Landon Dickerson (C) from that same line and hopefully trade off Hennessey for a draft pick.  Let's put some big time 'Maulers' on the OL and dominate in the running game and maybe even snag up Stevenson at RB.  It would be nice to have most of this year's Bama's OL to grow with as they were the biggest reason for the success of Mac Jones and Najee Harris. 

i could definitely see rb by committee.

harris is a no-brainer.

hubbard is my personal favourite back in this draft but i'd be excited with any of etienne, stevenson, williams, sermon, etc. they all have the ability to run through arm tackes and still bust a big run when the space is there.

hard pass on patterson.

one guy under the radar that impressed me this year was caleb huntley out of ball state, reminds me of jamal anderson 2.0. missed a bunch of the season due to a rib injury. udfa possibly.

4 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

I like him a lot. Wonder why he's been buried down the roster but Koetter's done this with Freeman as a rookie too

Morris let it slip out that he has been  poor pass blocker.  Better coaching could improve that. He could become a pleasant surprise honestly. Still need to draft one tho

4 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

how many carries do you think our main guy will have less then 20? cuz i don’t believe that i believe he gonna get 20+ carries a game which i don’t believe a 5’10 205 lbs RB can hold up for the entirety of a nfl season. Im not saying he isnt gonna be a good player im just saying i want a bigger RB for this system 

Yeah, somewhere between 15 and 20 carries per game. However, he'll still probably get 20-25 touches a game depending on how reliable he is in the pass game. Conceptually, I think Arthur will be running the same or a similar scheme to what he ran in Tennessee. Philosophically, it's gonna be different. Like I said, the run/pass ratio is gonna be more 45:55 in favor of pass, because the Falcons have a lot of weapons and an MVP QB.

That said, I think (I hope) there's gonna be games where Arthur sees a weakness in a defense that will prompt him to call more running plays and the Falcons just ground and pound a team into submission. Then there will be other games (like in 2016 against the Panthers) where Ryan is throwing more because the defense can't stop it. Most games will probably be closer to 50/50. It's about being multiple and being able to beat a team in more than one way. That's what several of us think Smith brings to the Falcons much like what Kyle Shanahan did.

6 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

I think Javonte Williams is the perfect RB for Smith’s WZ rushing attack. Think he should & might be our day 2 pick. He’s got a lot of the same traits as Henry. One cut, tough to bring down, balance & strength, quickness. 

UNC ran a lot of wide zone this and to me he’s RB3 easily. 

This last run alone in this clip is nuts. He’s just a consistently punishing runner and would wear on defenses. 

Ive watched that last clip at least 30 times already 

6 hours ago, GrimeyKidd said:

You wanna know something crazy. I think they draft one but heres a guy 

🤦‍♂️ Had Derrick Henry on the roster for 3 years now. Bunch of idiots didnt know how to use him. Now he has lost weight smh hopefully he kept that power

29 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

True. I also think he's the most likely to be a Ryan Leaf or Manziel. Much rather have any of the other top 3 QBs.

Yeah I've heard some people say that too...but I've seen him play and he reminds me of a young Aaron Rodgers... But again that's just me and you disagreeing on a certain player... As Falcon fans we just want to see our team win a super bowl...

Edited by SavedByGrace1221
Wrong word
1 minute ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

Yeah I've heard some people say that too...but I've seen him play and he reminds me of a young Aaron Rodgers... But again that's just me and you disagreeing on a certain player... As Falcon fans we just want to see our team win a super bowl...

Yeah I only read one article that mentions those concerns and I believe it originated with that La Canfora, so maybe it isn't true.

He might end up being great. We know Canfora can be a hack half the time and don't know squat.