As for OL needs...  we need a LG. 

Hennessy needs to continue to develop as backup C/G for now, or be improved enough to step into starting role as one or the other. The change of offensive scheme coming will help him tremendously with either role.

Gono may or may not be an answer at LG, but I'd bet he remains as swing-OT on the roster for now.

Getting Sewell would prove to be an upgrade for LT in the long run, but that would create all sorts of issues on what to do with Matthews and his contract. And it only serves to create two problems (rookie LT + a LT playing G) from one (need LG) in the short term. It might be the way the new GM goes but it would take some magic to make it viable in the short term.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldnt be so quick to assume Smith needs a back that fits Henry’s size profile. The system isnt set on a big bruiser back to be successful...actually it’s more RB friendly and generally you can get

You may not have seen Lindstrom development but most did, including the league...evidenced by him receiving a handful of All Pro votes even. I just think youre a bit pessimistic overall on the ro

Rhamondre Stevenson School: Oklahoma Position: RB 6-0, 246lb (183cm, 111kg) Remind you of a diet version of a particular RB in Tennessee?       Travis

Posted Images

2 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

I feel like etienne is too small to take the pounding in this system running 300+ times

With Ryan there's not gonna be one bellcow rusher with 300+ carries. That's not what AS' system is. The Falcons hired Smith because he's shown he can adapt to his personnel and get the best out of them. He now has a former MVP QB in Matt Ryan, two All-Pro receivers, an athletic TE in Hurst, and speed at the WR position.

You really think the Falcons offense is gonna operate exactly like Tennessee's? Yeah no, there will be more rushing, but I imagine it'll be more of a 55/45 percent split in favor of passing. I'm sure Smith will do more to creatively involve the backs in the passing game as Shanny did with Free and Teco.

3 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

With Ryan there's not gonna be one bellcow rusher with 300+ carries. That's not what AS' system is. The Falcons hired Smith because he's shown he can adapt to his personnel and get the best out of them. He now has a former MVP QB in Matt Ryan, two All-Pro receivers, an athletic TE in Hurst, and speed at the WR position.

You really think the Falcons offense is gonna operate exactly like Tennessee's? Yeah no, there will be more rushing, but I imagine it'll be more of a 55/45 percent split in favor of passing. I'm sure Smith will do more to creatively involve the backs in the passing game as Shanny did with Free and Teco.

how many carries do you think our main guy will have less then 20? cuz i don’t believe that i believe he gonna get 20+ carries a game which i don’t believe a 5’10 205 lbs RB can hold up for the entirety of a nfl season. Im not saying he isnt gonna be a good player im just saying i want a bigger RB for this system 

Edited by kenn.junior

While Smith was in Tennessee they drafted 4 first rd lineman. Warmack, Conklin, Lewan, and Isiah Wilson. Wouldn’t surprise me if we trade down and take a guard.  

may I introduce Deonte Brown

6-4 350 and didn’t allow a sack in 4 years of playing. Probably is a day 2 guy though  

image.thumb.jpeg.bc0699c1e815723b59682c114b0a7ced.jpeg

Edited by chris2010
Missed word
11 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

it looks like that Tenn. offense works to me they went to the playoffs back to back years while our pass heavy hasnt dont squat for 2 years 

I think Javonte Williams is the perfect RB for Smith’s WZ rushing attack. Think he should & might be our day 2 pick. He’s got a lot of the same traits as Henry. One cut, tough to bring down, balance & strength, quickness. 

UNC ran a lot of wide zone this and to me he’s RB3 easily. 

This last run alone in this clip is nuts. He’s just a consistently punishing runner and would wear on defenses. 

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

I wouldnt be so quick to assume Smith needs a back that fits Henry’s size profile. The system isnt set on a big bruiser back to be successful...actually it’s more RB friendly and generally you can get good production out of the rushing game without as big of a RB investment. 

if we can find a back as good as Henry, that would great...but he doesn’t need to be 6’3” 240 lbs because Henry is.

This!  He can make RB by committee work as well.  We don’t need a Henry clone, Henry was just an ok back before Smith got there.  Smith will take a second or third rounder and make him an all pro. Scheme will make the offensive line look better, offensive line will make the backs look better.  

6 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Rhamondre Stevenson

School: Oklahoma

Position: RB

6-0246lb (183cm, 111kg)

Remind you of a diet version of a particular RB in Tennessee?

Travis Etienne

School: Clemson

5-10205lb (178cm, 92kg)

I like both these guys. If they trade out of the 4th pick and get some extra one, I would go greedy and nab both.

The new staff would most likely grab atleast one RB early. Who do you think that should be?

I hope we draft Wilson at 4 ... So no first rd trades or running backs are possible 

31 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

This is how our OC Ragone made Trubisky an All Pro throwing to Cohen for almost 1000 yards. I agree we'll see a lot more passes to our RBs as it should be when nothing else is available. 

Some good pass catching RBs in the draft are Etienne, Harris and Williams. Ito might be decent to in this role. Not sure.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

You think we will/need to replace every OL but Lindstrom??

either that or he can't do simple math. or he doesn't count the center as a lineman. or he can't count to 5.....

take your choice, personally, there's one more choice, but the CoC here says I can't call him what he is

out loud

:ninja:

21 minutes ago, bigjmw84 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JE65d6M9OY0

Javonte Williams has do it all franchise back written all over him.

This is just a thought that came to mind watching Williams....  he sort of reminds me of Emmitt Smith, in that he has a shorter stride and is always moving just enough...  via combo of angle, body lean, deceptive speed, burst to make defender after defender miss getting a clean hit or hold of him. He can use power, is tenacious, and has the knack for the correct angles that results in extra yardage.

7 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Rhamondre Stevenson

School: Oklahoma

6-0246lb (183cm, 111kg)

Remind you of a diet version of a particular RB in Tennessee?

Travis Etienne

School: Clemson

5-10205lb (178cm, 92kg)

I like both these guys. If they trade out of the 4th pick and get some extra one, I would go greedy and nab both.

The new staff would most likely grab atleast one RB early. Who do you think that should be?

Like both these dudes...also think Gainwell is the ideal RB in both run/pass if e want to wait until Rd 3.

1 minute ago, Norwood all the way! said:

With the assumed heavy play action we are going to run, how are any of these RBs in pass protection? It's going to be a wanted trait by Smith. 

North Carolina running back Javonte Williams enters the NFL as an ascending prospect that increased his production every year in college and became one of the most dynamic runners in the nation in 2020. A big, physical, and powerful runner, Williams complements his bruising style with compact elusiveness which leads to frequent broken tackles and production after contact. An every-down threat, Williams is very good in pass protection and as a receiver out of the backfield. Williams is capable of ripping off big chunks of yardage with his ability to see the field cleanly, string together moves, take smart angles, and accelerate. The biggest question mark for Williams as he takes his game to the professional ranks is how he will fare without the benefit of the scheme and playmakers in place around him at North Carolina. His traits suggest he will do just fine with the transition but it’s something to monitor. Williams has the upside to become a highly productive starting running back in the NFL that is the focal point of a rushing attack.