Perfect RB for Art's system

Rhamondre Stevenson

School: Oklahoma

Position: RB

6-0246lb (183cm, 111kg)

Remind you of a diet version of a particular RB in Tennessee?

Travis Etienne

School: Clemson

5-10205lb (178cm, 92kg)

I like both these guys. If they trade out of the 4th pick and get some extra one, I would go greedy and nab both.

The new staff would most likely grab atleast one RB early. Who do you think that should be?

I wouldnt be so quick to assume Smith needs a back that fits Henry’s size profile. The system isnt set on a big bruiser back to be successful...actually it’s more RB friendly and generally you can get good production out of the rushing game without as big of a RB investment. 

if we can find a back as good as Henry, that would great...but he doesn’t need to be 6’3” 240 lbs because Henry is.

Both backs look like they have backup/change of pace talent... Even tho I would say Stevenson looks the better of the the two. He runs light on his feet to be over 225 pounds but I always judge an RB on if he can create a hole on the first level, his acceleration, and whether he can break away long TD runs on a consistent basis. Stevenson DEF checks those first two boxes; I love how he swivels his hips to turn corners on outside runs and how he explodes thru the hole on inside runs. He has the best potential to turn into a lead back.

4 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Rhamondre Stevenson

6-0246lb (183cm, 111kg)

Travis Etienne

5-10205lb (178cm, 92kg)

I like both these guys. If they trade out of the 4th pick and get some extra one, I would go greedy and nab both.

The new staff would most likely grab atleast one RB early. Who do you think that should be?

Stevenson gets a lot of Turner comparisons. 

4 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Smith will draft linemen 1st. Sewell will be our pick. Our whole o-line except a couple of pieces has to be re-done. Matthews and Mack are done. 

Yeah we aren't far off in size. Hennessey might be to small. I also think our guys were drafted more for pass pro than run blocking so I do expect to see at least a couple linemen added.

And a blocking TE or 2.

The perfect RB for AS's scheme is one that is decisive, quick through the gap, protects the ball, picks up the blitzer, and can be a viable receiver.

There are many out there every year.  What is much more important is the OL and their collaboration with that RB. 

4 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Smith will draft linemen 1st. Sewell will be our pick. Our whole o-line except a couple of pieces has to be re-done. Matthews and Mack are done. 

I have no idea what's going to happen on Draft Day but Sewell is my preference at 4 if we dont trade that selection.  

1 minute ago, etherdome said:

The perfect RB for AS's scheme is one that is decisive, quick through the gap, protects the ball, picks up the blitzer, and can be a viable receiver.

There are many out there every year.  What is much more important is the OL and their collaboration with that RB. 

Actually, I saw it a little different in the videos of TN's offense. More vision and waiting for the second level to commit to a hole before Henry makes his cut. Looked like he has great vision and then one cut.

15 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I’m good with a lineman in first round. If Sewell is off the board trading down to mid teens and getting Christian Darrisaw from Virginia tech. Graded 2nd among offensive tackles in 2020 really strong in run blocking

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

I expect an improvement in Matthews game w Smith here...he is far from done. We really have an immediate need at LG, and maybe center depends on what Smith & Font think of Hennessy. That said, Hennessy should do better now as well. He has some work to do, but he has potential. Maybe I’m wrong and just more optimistic than some 🤷‍♂️

that said, Sewell is so good that I still wouldn’t be mad if he was the pick.

2 minutes ago, Aluminafalcon said:

I’m good with a lineman in first round. If Sewell is off the board trading down to mid teens and getting Christian Darrisaw from Virginia tech. Graded 2nd among offensive tackles in 2020 really strong in run blocking

We need like 3 OL and a Center. This team has so many wholes you gotta pick the side of the ball with the least holes and fix it first. Offense. Whole defense going to have to be flipped outside of Oluokon, Grady Jarrett, and AJ Terrell. Posted stats in another thread Matt Ryan was 6th most sacked QB in NFL this year and Falcons were 6 from the bottom in rushing yards. Proving once again our o-line is trash. 

Edited by Refried Beans

6 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

We need like 3 OL and a Center. This team has so many wholes you gotta pick the side of the ball with the least holes and fix it first. Offense. Whole defense going to have to be flipped outside of Oluokon, Grady Jarrett, and AJ Terrell. Posted stats in another thread Matt Ryan was 6th most sacked QB in NFL this year and Falcons were 6 from the bottom in rushing yards. Proving once again our o-line is trash. 

You think we will/need to replace every OL but Lindstrom??

Just now, 1989Fan said:

You think we will/need to replace every OL but Lindstrom??

I think Matthews should have been gone last year, I think Mack needs to go, and we need to draft Sewell to replace Matthews or if Matthews cost to much to cut move him to Guard and let Sewell take over at Left tackle. Other posters are saying Lindstrom is developing, I didnt see it, but whatever, let him keep going, move McGarity to Center and pick up a Right Tackle in Free Agency. 

I think Matthews should have been gone last year, I think Mack needs to go, and we need to draft Sewell to replace Matthews or if Matthews cost to much to cut move him to Guard and let Sewell take over at Left tackle. Other posters are saying Lindstrom is developing, I didnt see it, but whatever, let him keep going, move McGarity to Center and pick up a Right Tackle in Free Agency. 

You may not have seen Lindstrom development but most did, including the league...evidenced by him receiving a handful of All Pro votes even.

I just think youre a bit pessimistic overall on the roster TBH.

the notion that you think a 28 year old Matthews is over the hill and should retire (mentioned in a different post) and to move 6’7” McGary to center from RT is making it hard for me to take this serious.

47 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

We are in worse shape than I thought then...

On 1/16/2021 at 3:17 AM, UnrealfalcoN said:

Rhamondre Stevenson

6-0246lb (183cm, 111kg)

Travis Etienne

5-10205lb (178cm, 92kg)

Those are all good ones, plus a couple others out there as well.

One real smart guy I know (cough cough @Knight of God) thinks we should take two, and I agree.

39 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I expect an improvement in Mack’s game w Smith here...he is far from done. We really have an immediate need at LG, and maybe center depends on what Smith & Font think of Hennessy. That said, Hennessy should do better now as well. He has some work to do, but he has potential. Maybe I’m wrong and just more optimistic than some 🤷‍♂️

that said, Sewell is so good that I still wouldn’t be mad if he was the pick.

IF we are able to select Sewell, we could play him at LT and move Matthews to RT which I think was the position he played in college.  If all that happens then we could move McCary to guard.  Our Oline would be set for 4-5 years barring injury. 

At any rate, I'm glad we have fresh eyes to evaluate our O-line.  As someone posted some numbers proving we're not very efficient in pass protecting or run blocking.  

Would be a VERY falcons move.

45 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

We don't need 3 OL and a Center. Bro, where are you getting this?