Do you think that Arthur Smith will want to keep any of our running backs?

8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Ollison hasn't done much for himself to command many second looks.. He hasn't been giving alot of opportunities either, but imo thats on him and possibly a lack of work ethic 

Its Ollison's fault that this coaching staff forced Gurley on the field as much as possible. I'm not saying he will be a stud or anything but it was pretty obvious this former coaching staff were set in there ways

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To your point, we might finally get to see what we have in Ollison. However, they’re all expendable.

This is a reasonably talented team that has suffered poor coaching, poor game planning, poor adjustments, and poor management.  If you watched the games and saw the predictability, saw routes taking 6

I hope not.  Maybe Ito for back up  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Its just a broken team that absolutely needs a total rebuild.. It can be done, but itll take time.. If you have another point of view, im definitely game to hear you out?? Im always down to learn from another point of view 

I dont think theres no way the team needs a total rebuild. You’d be surprised with the subtraction of 4-6 guys and the addition of 4-6 guys what a difference the team would look like.

1 hour ago, Wardog357 said:

I dont think theres no way the team needs a total rebuild. You’d be surprised with the subtraction of 4-6 guys and the addition of 4-6 guys what a difference the team would look like.

at my job I took over a team that had horrible metrics, and me & my co-manager turned them around in 2 months and now we're the highest rated team. I've had 2 team members poached to become team leads and another is the new QA manager. they were all about to be on the chopping block a few months prior. sometimes a team just needs clear leadership

2 minutes ago, raysnill1 said:

at my job I took over a team that had horrible metrics, and me & my co-manager turned them around in 2 months and now we're the highest rated team. I've had 2 team members poached to become team leads and another is the new QA manager. they were all about to be on the chopping block a few months prior. sometimes a team just needs clear leadership

A vision,  a plan, and execution.  Its not rocket science, just preparation.  Great points!!! 

Gurley and Hill are UFAs and wouldn't be worth even the vet min to resign

Keith Smith saves us ~700,00 to release

Ito Smith saves us ~900,000 to release

Qadree Ollison saves ~800,000 to release

I'm sure all three will be evaluated, and I could see a scenario where all three are released, all are given a chance in camp, or a mix of the two.

No one should be safe

11 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I'm sure all three will be evaluated, and I could see a scenario where all three are released, all are given a chance in camp, or a mix of the two.

No one should be safe

I think we keep all three until after the draft and then depending on a rb we are able to get someone is gone with a matching skill set.

29 minutes ago, octoslash said:

If this guy is such an offensive genius, yet wouldn't want Julio Jones for a couple years...then he'd be the dumbest genius in NFL history.  

Julio is like buying an expensive supercar that several years old. It looks great sitting there, but its not under warranty and has a history of breaking down.. I bet if it was you, would you decide to pick that car to go on a new road trip in...? Especially when you have people you need to impress 

7 hours ago, hjerry said:

No one should be safe

I believe that Smith will let Gurley, Ollison go , for the first step of cutting the Waist..  I do think that the rest will at least make it till after the draft. Then I think they will let go of one or two more Backs..  But I do not think they will let Hill go... I think with that chance he finally got,, Will cause Smith to keep Hill at least one more year.  The other backs, I'm not sure at all what Smith will do or not do. 

4 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I believe that Smith will let Gurley, Ollison go , for the first step of cutting the Waist..  I do think that the rest will at least make it till after the draft. Then I think they will let go of one or two more Backs..  But I do not think they will let Hill go... I think with that chance he finally got,, Will cause Smith to keep Hill at least one more year.  The other backs, I'm not sure at all what Smith will do or not do. 

I like Hill as a complimentary piece, not sure I can see them re-signing him before the draft, thought it’s possible if they plan to cut Olli.

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I like Hill as a complimentary piece, not sure I can see them re-signing him before the draft, thought it’s possible if they plan to cut Olli.

Well, I don't get a lot of people on here.. WE all know that Hill has not had but that one whole game to play in,, and then he only got about 75% of the carries.. And look how he did..  ??  I'd say that Smith will watch that game and know good and well, that having a back that good with that kind of play...  I'll say it right now... Hill will at least get one more year to prove his self , And he'll getter done.. Smith will be looking at the film , and the film don't lie.  That's the truth with my hands up ... :shrug:   Smith will be looking at all the tapes on the backs and will go from there..  But yes.. I sure hope we draft another back this year.. But we don't need to draft a late round Back.. WE need a top sure nuff number one Back. Just one,,  Or if you want to look at it like this, One of at least three backs .

7 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Julio is like buying an expensive supercar that several years old. It looks great sitting there, but its not under warranty and has a history of breaking down.. I bet if it was you, would you decide to pick that car to go on a new road trip in...? Especially when you have people you need to impress 

I think we should attempt to trade julio, but let's not act like he's constantly missing games...he probably could have played towards the end of this season if there was jack worth playing for

4 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I don't get a lot of people on here.. WE all know that Hill has not had but that one whole game to play in,, and then he only got about 75% of the carries.. And look how he did..  ??  I'd say that Smith will watch that game and know good and well, that having a back that good with that kind of play...  I'll say it right now... Hill will at least get one more year to prove his self , And he'll getter done.. Smith will be looking at the film , and the film don't lie.  That's the truth with my hands up ... :shrug:   Smith will be looking at all the tapes on the backs and will go from there..  But yes.. I sure hope we draft another back this year.. But we don't need to draft a late round Back.. WE need a top sure nuff number one Back. Just one,,  Or if you want to look at it like this, One of at least three backs .

Could be, he shouldn’t be too expensive to give another year I guess. I’m merely saying with him being a UDFA and us being cap strapped not sure we will allocate a new contract there. We shall see. He showed enough to get a deal somewhere though for sure. He exceeded my expectations this year.

9 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Could be, he shouldn’t be too expensive to give another year I guess. I’m merely saying with him being a UDFA and us being cap strapped not sure we will allocate a new contract there. We shall see. He showed enough to get a deal somewhere though for sure. He exceeded my expectations this year.

Yeap !    Here's the thing.. To have a back like Hill at the price we could get him resigned for.. Would be not only a safe resign, He is a very tuff back.. But IMO is getting better every time he has more carries.  He IMO is just now starting to feel the game,, each time he plays.. Who knows what his limit is???  I think Smith will find out what His limit is with at least one more year.... One nice thing about is.. even if this team let's Hill go.. He'll have many teams trying to jerk his arm off by grabbing and signing him..  But as all here know.. I love the underdogs, and especially RBs. 

19 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Ollison hasn't done much for himself to command many second looks.. He hasn't been giving alot of opportunities either, but imo thats on him and possibly a lack of work ethic 

Honestly the Falcons have never been the give that draft choice an actual chance team. So id like to see if Smith values Ollison

15 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Cap is limited with what we have to work with.

Olli and Ito are under contract for cheap you keep them. Hill and Gurley are FAs, let em walk.

Draft your starter

Yep.  I actually think Ito could be a lot better than most people give him credit on TATF but we’re gonna draft a RB in the first 3 rounds.  

13 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Yep.  I actually think Ito could be a lot better than most people give him credit on TATF but we’re gonna draft a RB in the first 3 rounds.  

he's had every chance to prove it and hasn't done so.

10 hours ago, Slumerican said:

You drunk?

5 minutes ago, Day1 said:

he's had every chance to prove it and hasn't done so.

Averaged 4.3 a carry last season but only got 63 attempts.  He’s got less then 175 attempts total in 3 seasons.  That ain’t much of a chance man.  Not saying he is the answer, I want Najee, but it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if Ito showed out with the chance.  

Edited by CraigSmackDaddy
7 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Averaged 4.3 a carry last season but only got 63 attempts.  He’s got less then 175 attempts total in 3 seasons.  That ain’t much of a chance man.  Not saying he is the answer, I want Najee, but it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if Ito showed out with the chance.  

He’s always hurt.