Do you think that Arthur Smith will want to keep any of our running backs?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To your point, we might finally get to see what we have in Ollison. However, they’re all expendable.

This is a reasonably talented team that has suffered poor coaching, poor game planning, poor adjustments, and poor management.  If you watched the games and saw the predictability, saw routes taking 6

I hope not.  Maybe Ito for back up  

Posted Images

Gurley is as good as gone (I hope), but I wouldn't be surprised if he kicks the tires on the other guys in camp. Heck, Freeman was behind Jackson and didn't do a thing until we got rid of Koetter (lol) and hired a young up-and-coming WCO coordinator.

I bet we grab a guy in the second or third. After all, Fotenot apparently basically forced the Saints to draft Kamara.

Absolutely not, matter of fact.. I seriously doubt Smith wants any of our skill players other than Ridley.. And unfortunately by the time Smith can do something with this team, Ridley will command a premium contract.. So imo, Smith shouldn't even be planning a team around Ridley at this point.. Get the good out of him while we have him and plan for the future.. FACTS

12 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Absolutely not, matter of fact.. I seriously doubt Smith wants any of our skill players other than Ridley.. And unfortunately by the time Smith can do something with this team, Ridley will command a premium contract.. So imo, Smith shouldn't even be planning a team around Ridley at this point.. Get the good out of him while we have him and plan for the future.. FACTS

Sounds like Arthur Blank should remove the team from the NFL.  There is no hope.  All is lost.  The sky is falling.

1 minute ago, NorthGaBoy said:

Sounds like Arthur Blank should remove the team from the NFL.  There is no hope.  All is lost.  The sky is falling.

Its just a broken team that absolutely needs a total rebuild.. It can be done, but itll take time.. If you have another point of view, im definitely game to hear you out?? Im always down to learn from another point of view 

8 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Its just a broken team that absolutely needs a total rebuild.. It can be done, but itll take time.. If you have another point of view, im definitely game to hear you out?? Im always down to learn from another point of view 

This is a reasonably talented team that has suffered poor coaching, poor game planning, poor adjustments, and poor management.  If you watched the games and saw the predictability, saw routes taking 6 seconds to clear, saw the lack of a running game, and watched as Koetter, with his poor offensive planning ran the defense into the ground, you have to believe we do have some pieces to build on. 

Ryan and Jones are probably good for another 2 years. The OL probably needs only LG upgraded.  Hurst looks like a player.  Ridley is not as close to done as you implied.  He has quite a few seasons in him and we can hopefully get a deal when that time comes.  We may have 1 or 2 decent runners and if we draft a stud, we can actually have a run game.  I think this OL can do it with one upgrade.

Half of the defensive players are good enough to return.  This is where we have the most holes.  We need to bring in several defenders to become competitive.  But, the defense will do much better without Koetter orchestrating 3 and outs. 

The thing that broke this team in 2019 and 2020 is being replaced.  There is no need to burn it to the ground.

6 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

This is a reasonably talented team that has suffered poor coaching, poor game planning, poor adjustments, and poor management.  If you watched the games and saw the predictability, saw routes taking 6 seconds to clear, saw the lack of a running game, and watched as Koetter, with his poor offensive planning ran the defense into the ground, you have to believe we do have some pieces to build on. 

Ryan and Jones are probably good for another 2 years. The OL probably needs only LG upgraded.  Hurst looks like a player.  Ridley is not as close to done as you implied.  He has quite a few seasons in him and we can hopefully get a deal when that time comes.  We may have 1 or 2 decent runners and if we draft a stud, we can actually have a run game.  I think this OL can do it with one upgrade.

Half of the defensive players are good enough to return.  This is where we have the most holes.  We need to bring in several defenders to become competitive.  But, the defense will do much better without Koetter orchestrating 3 and outs. 

The thing that broke this team in 2019 and 2020 is being replaced.  There is no need to burn it to the ground.

Ill definitely respect your opinion and leave the door open for that.. But i definitely didn't say Ridley is close to being done, im saying by the time Smith can turn this team around Ridley will be looking for a big money contract we wont be able to afford.. Im a huge Ridley fan man, with the right team.. Ridley can be a absolute beast. Jmo

42 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

Ollison hasn't done much for himself to command many second looks.. He hasn't been giving alot of opportunities either, but imo thats on him and possibly a lack of work ethic 

and when DK was here the first time, the same things were said about Freeman....

just sayin

3 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Ollison hasn't done much for himself to command many second looks.. He hasn't been giving alot of opportunities either, but imo thats on him and possibly a lack of work ethic 

That's what I was headed down to say , I mean.. Yeah,, Ollison should be given an oppertunity like everybody else.. But I'd say he'll be the first one cut out of all the Backs. And yes , we need to draft the best Back we can.

7 hours ago, Slumerican said:

I doubt it's a lack of work ethic. They're probably just being foolish. There's a team waiting to pick him up. 

7 hours ago, NorthGaBoy said:

I mean we weren't really getting blown out except for a few games. The team had some talent. 

Ito was only back I saw last year that ran with a sense of urgency. Gurley to me looked lazy, he needs to go. Didnt see enough of Ollison.  Hill looked like a 3rd stringer to me. It's tough to evaluate running backs that were running behind such a poor o-line. 

Edited by Refried Beans