Falcons OL should be happy with Smith Hire

11 hours ago, The Smart One said:

I’m personally a fan of drafting Sewell.  My approach would just be to play the best 5 guys on the line. I think Sewell would probably Sewell would start at LG until it’s convenient cap wise to move on from Matthews. 

Honestly if I could have it my way we’d draft Sewell put him at LG with Matthews at LT, move Lindstrom to C and put Gono at RG with McGary at RT. I think that would be the nastiest O-Line in the game. 

Falcons should stay away from OL until later in the draft. Too much is invested in the OL. I can understand loving a player and wanting to fit in the team. But this team needs to use playmakers on defense. 

10 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

You got to mould the best 5 not the best guys by name or on paper.

Arthur Smith and his Oline coach have done this.

KS and his Oline coach did the same when they went to the SB used walk ons at the Falcons to do so.

The key is moulding the best unit together.

For me Lindstrom doesn’t move to C why would you do such a thing he’s just finding his feet at RG and looks a long term guy there no way I’m moving him.

Gono I don’t know what’s gone on or why he hasn’t started but I agree he needs a shot.

Hennessey looks to have the inside running at C and has been drafted to do so.If anyone is going it’s Mack casualty of the cap.

LG is a question mark Carpenter isn’t it though he played better this year he’s another casualty if there looking you give Gono a shot there or look at a Leatherwood type in the draft.

Matthews and McGary stay as your bookends.

No need to lecture. I just remember there being talk at some point of Lindstrom moving to C which is why I suggested it. I’d be fine with Hennessy as C. I just personally like Gono a bit better and in a scenario where we draft Sewell they would be the choices for our 5th OL. Whatever the strongest group is though. 

51 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons should stay away from OL until later in the draft. Too much is invested in the OL. I can understand loving a player and wanting to fit in the team. But this team needs to use playmakers on defense. 

It’s really hard to invest too much into the lines. There should also be some excellent defensive players to invest in later on the draft.