Jump to content

Falcons OL should be happy with Smith Hire


Recommended Posts

I was just posting this. Mcgary lindstrom and Matthews are all talented guys and have underperformed due to coaching/scheme/play calling. 
 

ryan Julio gage Ridley... all we really need is a power back and we can truly focus on defense. This is where smith will have to earn his keep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bossFALCON™ said:

I was just posting this. Mcgary lindstrom and Matthews are all talented guys and have underperformed due to coaching/scheme/play calling. 
 

ryan Julio gage Ridley... all we really need is a power back and we can truly focus on defense. This is where smith will have to earn his keep.

Finally may be we will see Julio and Ryan scoring more TD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

I am not worried about the offense.  We will see a significant improvement after Koetter (glad I don't have to spell his name any more).  

It comes down to the defense.  Who will take over and how will we generate a better pass rush?  

Then make a thread bro! Hire Wade Philips. BANG...pass rush

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the O-line is super great, when we don't have an idiot calling the plays. just look at the first half of any game this season. so do they forget how to block at halftime? a non brain dead OC that knows how to make adjustments to defensive pressure will do wonders for them guys. matter of fact I loved seeing: Matthews//Gono//Hennessy//Lindstrom//McGary. the Bucs game Carpenter played more instead of Gono and they didn't look as good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Let Gono add 20 pounds and move to LG permanently instead of them moving him all over. He originally was a LT/left side player at Wesley college; IIRC, but moved to RT as well. Need a vet to back them up tho. Carp has to be gone, right?

Atlanta shrunk his weight for no reason.  He was 330 first year in Atlanta.  He can move at 330.  He could move very well at 320.  Looks to be 300 right now.  Looks like a pencil.  Bulk the man back up and let him settle in a position and try mastering it.  Yes he can help in a variety of ways but that's not helping him become the player he can be.  Let others try doing what he has been training to do in Atlanta each year.  Nobody on the team can do it.  That's why let him settle in a spot.  He's obviously the best athlete on the line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, raysnill1 said:

the O-line is super great, when we don't have an idiot calling the plays. just look at the first half of any game this season. so do they forget how to block at halftime? a non brain dead OC that knows how to make adjustments to defensive pressure will do wonders for them guys. matter of fact I loved seeing: Matthews//Gono//Hennessy//Lindstrom//McGary. the Bucs game Carpenter played more instead of Gono and they didn't look as good.

Exactly.  Atlanta runs the ball well each time Gono plays.  Everytime!!  He practiced LG for 4 days going into Chiefs game .... that's it.  And it's a fact.  Teach him it and let him go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is so important using motions to get quick reads, moving your QB by design.  The league has evolved and edge rushers are so dominant nowadays  traditional long developing routes dont work anymore.  Asking your o-line to man up and win their one on one play after play and hold for an eternity is setting them up for failure.  Dirks offense is outdated and he refused to evolve.  I expect some growing pains in year one, wasted timeouts and penaltie, but overall I expect better offensive football.  Better balance and guys getting easier opportunities

Edited by #84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sipifalcon said:

Would love to get Sewell my #1 choice at 4 if not trade back with 9ers or pats if they love wilson or fields. Our online isn't terrible but they aren't great either.

What will we do with Jake if we draft Sewell? Not arguing, genuinely curious.

Edited by Dr Long Shot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr Long Shot said:

What will we do with Jake if we draft Sewell? Not arguing, genuinely curious.

I’m personally a fan of drafting Sewell.  My approach would just be to play the best 5 guys on the line. I think Sewell would probably Sewell would start at LG until it’s convenient cap wise to move on from Matthews. 
 

Honestly if I could have it my way we’d draft Sewell put him at LG with Matthews at LT, move Lindstrom to C and put Gono at RG with McGary at RT. I think that would be the nastiest O-Line in the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Run game will be coaches 1st priority. Adding Sewell  and a more effective run scheme would make a night and day difference in the run game. I've loved the thought of sliding Lindstrom to C, but Hennessey has a chance to be special under Smith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Smart One said:

I’m personally a fan of drafting Sewell.  My approach would just be to play the best 5 guys on the line. I think Sewell would probably Sewell would start at LG until it’s convenient cap wise to move on from Matthews. 
 

Honestly if I could have it my way we’d draft Sewell put him at LG with Matthews at LT, move Lindstrom to C and put Gono at RG with McGary at RT. I think that would be the nastiest O-Line in the game. 

You got to mould the best 5 not the best guys by name or on paper.

Arthur Smith and his Oline coach have done this.

KS and his Oline coach did the same when they went to the SB used walk ons at the Falcons to do so.

The key is moulding the best unit together.

For me Lindstrom doesn’t move to C why would you do such a thing he’s just finding his feet at RG and looks a long term guy there no way I’m moving him.

Gono I don’t know what’s gone on or why he hasn’t started but I agree he needs a shot.

Hennessey looks to have the inside running at C and has been drafted to do so.If anyone is going it’s Mack casualty of the cap.

LG is a question mark Carpenter isn’t it though he played better this year he’s another casualty if there looking you give Gono a shot there or look at a Leatherwood type in the draft.

Matthews and McGary stay as your bookends.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Let Gono add 20 pounds and move to LG permanently instead of them moving him all over. He originally was a LT/left side player at Wesley college; IIRC, but moved to RT as well. Need a vet to back them up tho. Carp has to be gone, right?

Yeah, Carp is prolly gone. We'll save about 4 million cutting him outright. Gono needs a legit shot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...