What To Expect From Smith’s Offense

5 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Tannehill has weapons as well.  The guy even threw more TD passes than Ryan.  This notion of Tannehill not being capable has to stop.  Teams don’t give a QB a huge contract extension if they think he’s gonna F up if they have to rely on him.

Yeah, I’m sure eagles are thrilled with their investment in Carson Wentz. And that Nick foles contract worked out swell for Jax. 🤪

15 hours ago, etherdome said:

Harris has been my favorite since last year, but there are other RB's that will fit in very well.  

Let's not obsess over a name and hope that the Falcons can have a great draft 1-7

Exactly.  People get stuck on names every year from a few highlight plays and mock drafts and think every team wants them because they do.  No one predicted CEH as the first back off the board last year.  People would have been saying “no way Swift is there in the second, we have to trade up into the first to get him”, and then CEH goes 32 and Swift slips to the second round to 35.  

No more trading up, especially not for a running back.  Of the remaining 8 playoff teams, CEH is the highest drafted starting RB at 32 overall, the only first rounder.  There will be plenty for us to chose from in round 2...you know...the round that the almighty Derrick Henry was also drafted in.

Smith had 8 snaps all season without a tight end. Expect the team to add another starting caliber TE, similar to Jonnu Smith and his role. Guys that pop up as fits:

Trade a 6th for Browns' David Njoku - Njoku is a remarkable fit in Smith's offense. The Browns deploy primarily 11 and 12 personnel, similar to the Titans. Njoku has the ability to separate but also can be a red zone threat, given his speed and enormous arms. The former first rounder is now a 2nd stringer behind the hometown hero, Austin Hoooooooper. 

Sign 2021 UFA Geoff Swaim - Swaim comes right from Smith's offense. Wasn't used massively, but can be an inline blocker or a block and shed TE candidate. He'd be massively cheap, and scheme familiarity helps ten fold. Not as likely as the latter, but a possibility nonetheless. Swaim was once a reliable target in Dallas. 

Havent done extensive research thus far, but these are two guys that appeared in my head. With how Fontenot has spoken about his aggressiveness in the pro base and trades, I think there's a possibility he adds one or a couple quality players for cheap via trade. Njoku is a serious possibility imm. 

3 minutes ago, CMarinoNFL said:

Smith had 8 snaps all season without a tight end. Expect the team to add another starting caliber TE, similar to Jonnu Smith and his role. Guys that pop up as fits:

Trade a 6th for Browns' David Njoku - Njoku is a remarkable fit in Smith's offense. The Browns deploy primarily 11 and 12 personnel, similar to the Titans. Njoku has the ability to separate but also can be a red zone threat, given his speed and enormous arms. The former first rounder is now a 2nd stringer behind the hometown hero, Austin Hoooooooper. 

Sign 2021 UFA Geoff Swaim - Swaim comes right from Smith's offense. Wasn't used massively, but can be an inline blocker or a block and shed TE candidate. He'd be massively cheap, and scheme familiarity helps ten fold. Not as likely as the latter, but a possibility nonetheless. Swaim was once a reliable target in Dallas. 

Havent done extensive research thus far, but these are two guys that appeared in my head. With how Fontenot has spoken about his aggressiveness in the pro base and trades, I think there's a possibility he adds one or a couple quality players for cheap via trade. Njoku is a serious possibility imm. 

Why would the browns trade Njuku tho when we run similar offenses and have similar needs for multiple TE's?

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Why would the browns trade Njuku tho when we run similar offenses and have similar needs for multiple TE's?

That's true and a good point. Dont have a great answer for you and dont wanna pull anything out of my bottom.

Maybe they take the pick and view Njoku has a cap hit where they can replace him for cheap and still use the same personnel.

3 minutes ago, CMarinoNFL said:

That's true and a good point. Dont have a great answer for you and dont wanna pull anything out of my bottom.

Maybe they take the pick and view Njoku has a cap hit where they can replace him for cheap and still use the same personnel.

With him being so close to being done with his rookie contract I'd prefer to just draft a guy. We can't add any extra expenses to our cap at all right now. We gotta collect picks and hope to hit on cheap production. Just imo

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

With him being so close to being done with his rookie contract I'd prefer to just draft a guy. We can't add any extra expenses to our cap at all right now. We gotta collect picks and hope to hit on cheap production. Just imo

Thats fair. I just know hes an awesome fit. Regardless, im sure youre right. Just me being greedy now that we have some front office aggression!! 

5 hours ago, JDaveG said:

If I’m Miami I make that trade 10 times out of 10. Proven NFL vet versus unproven 2nd or 3rd best prospect?

Trade no. 3 and never look back. 

Indeed..but I want to see the new Texans gm go all Sonny Weaver Jr and tell the Dolphins that he wants his picks back...all of them.

10 hours ago, Kayoh said:

kind of hilarious how Matt Ryan has experienced Mike Mularkey both from 2008-2011 and now all over again in 2021 and forward.

Assuming he's still the starter this year, that is. You never know if a new regime will want to pick "their guy". 

If you’re calling Smith the same as MM then you’re easily the sharpest bulb in the cabinet.