Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I like some misdirection but like everything it gets over used.

How did the misdirection help the titans vs the Ravens??

Hint....it didn't.

Like I said a good fundamentally sound defense chews up teams who rely on misdirection and the smoke and mirrors.

 

I mean you have 2 spectrums. The Bears trying to get you to bite on an end around with Calvin’s brother, or the Chiefs trying to get you to bite on an end around to Kelce. Same with us when we had Julio and the pips(ie a bunch of burners who could take the top off a misstep). 
 

Scheme only gets so far. Otherwise you look like us trying to run the Amoeba with Worrilow directing traffic

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Run first WCO with elements taken from the LeFleur version. Uses a lot of playaction. It's literally his own design. 

Well done videos breaking by down the zone read and play action over the past two years.    opinion: Ryan will thrive in this system. (Or new QB 🤪)  We will also need a really good RB too.   

14 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

I honestly hope Blank is giving Smith 3 years to try and get out of this **** we are in.. I dont expect anything different until we can move on from Ryan and company with these horrible contracts we've got to eat.. In a young mans sport, we're definitely going to have to watch several has beens for a few years before we can actually rebuild 

I hope it's more than 3, that gives him one year with a new QB. It should be around 5 if I were to guess. Enough time to build off what we have (2 years) and 3 years to rebuild.

Obviously if something goes catastrophic he would be gone sooner but I think we may have just found some stability for this franchise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

I hope it's more than 3, that gives him one year with a new QB. It should be around 5 if I were to guess. Enough time to build off what we have (2 years) and 3 years to rebuild.

Obviously if something goes catastrophic he would be gone sooner but I think we may have just found some stability for this franchise.

Im basically saying Blank giving Smith 3 throw away years because of our situation.. Then after 3, allow Smith to actually rebuild the team he wants.. No doubt, we can't turn this **** show around in 3..and I hope Blank understands that also.. It possibly gives is a few years to draft good before any pressure is put on Smith to actually field a winning team

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RYNE said:

I said it 3 weeks ago at least. Najee Harris needs to be the second pick of the Falcons. They need to move back up into the first and get him 

Plenty of quality NFL backs in this draft.  Falcons need to come away with one of these guys: Williams, Etienne, Harris, Gainwell, or Hubbard

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Changing up the looks on offense.

Changing up the tendencies.

Doing something different as a whole when it was clear that the Ravens knew what the titans were doing.

And while it is easy to say it is one game. To a degree yes but that one game was in the playoffs And 2 weeks prior the Titans got utterly embarrassed on national tv vs the Packers...and it was a similar deal...all of the misdirection did not fool the Packers and they took Henry away early and Smith never adjusted.

So yeah....he has my support but I have my concerns.

 

 

On the flip side, Smith managed to beat the #1 seeded Ravens in the playoffs a year ago.  Also beat Brady/Belichick.  Dude has proven his worth on the biggest stages

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Changing up the looks on offense.

Changing up the tendencies.

Doing something different as a whole when it was clear that the Ravens knew what the titans were doing.

And while it is easy to say it is one game. To a degree yes but that one game was in the playoffs And 2 weeks prior the Titans got utterly embarrassed on national tv vs the Packers...and it was a similar deal...all of the misdirection did not fool the Packers and they took Henry away early and Smith never adjusted.

So yeah....he has my support but I have my concerns.

 

 

Who did you want? Don't think you Iiked Brady or EB much so.... Hackett?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Changing up the looks on offense.

Changing up the tendencies.

Doing something different as a whole when it was clear that the Ravens knew what the titans were doing.

And while it is easy to say it is one game. To a degree yes but that one game was in the playoffs And 2 weeks prior the Titans got utterly embarrassed on national tv vs the Packers...and it was a similar deal...all of the misdirection did not fool the Packers and they took Henry away early and Smith never adjusted.

So yeah....he has my support but I have my concerns.

 

 

This is what I’ve been asking the past 2-3 days.  Can he adapt and overcome?  Can he make in game adjustments, or even halftime adjustments for that matter?  

The Titans relied heavily on Derrick Henry.  Recency bias aside, nobody can sit here and tell me that what they saw in the Ravens game wasn’t a bit concerning.  In the regular season matchup Derrick Henry rushed for 133yds and the Titans won the game 30-24.  In the playoff matchup he ran for 40yds and they lost 20-14.  There was no adjustment whatsoever to what the Ravens were doing.  He was outcoached.

We female dogged and complained all season long about how Koetter could not adjust, yet we hired a guy who clearly did not adjust.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He won’t make it to the 2nd round. I doubt he makes it past the Steelers in the 1st round. 

Why not? RBs rarely go inside the top 25 anymore. Last year Jonathan Taylor and DeAndre Swift were both available at the same spot we will be selecting this year.

Najee also isn't even the consensus #1 RB in this draft, many people have Etienne over him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fontenet values Etienne higher with his game reminiscing Kamara. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wait...you don't like misdirection and good play design? Which naturally helps both good and bad football players and doesn't count on talent alone? 

I just realized why you dig Dirk Koetter. :lol:

Anything that makes the offense more efficient and not one dimensional that’s all I’m seeing with the Arthur Smith designed offense.Can’t wait to see it implemented here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

This is what I’ve been asking the past 2-3 days.  Can he adapt and overcome?  Can he make in game adjustments, or even halftime adjustments for that matter?  

The Titans relied heavily on Derrick Henry.  Recency bias aside, nobody can sit here and tell me that what they saw in the Ravens game wasn’t a bit concerning.  In the regular season matchup Derrick Henry rushed for 133yds and the Titans won the game 30-24.  In the playoff matchup he ran for 40yds and they lost 20-14.  There was no adjustment whatsoever to what the Ravens were doing.  He was outcoached.

We female dogged and complained all season long about how Koetter could not adjust, yet we hired a guy who clearly did not adjust.  

Consider starting point at QB.

Ryan is miles better than Tannerhill ever was or has been the latter had a break out year.Ryan potentially with his weapons here has the potential to be up or near the best in the league.

You throw in the variety AS’s offense allows,Ryan will dice teams.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Consider starting point at QB.

Ryan is miles better than Tannerhill ever was or has been the latter had a break out year.Ryan potentially with his weapons here has the potential to be up or near the best in the league.

You throw in the variety AS’s offense allows,Ryan will dice teams.

Tannehill has weapons as well.  The guy even threw more TD passes than Ryan.  This notion of Tannehill not being capable has to stop.  Teams don’t give a QB a huge contract extension if they think he’s gonna F up if they have to rely on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Tannehill has weapons as well.  The guy even threw more TD passes than Ryan.  This notion of Tannehill not being capable has to stop.  Teams don’t give a QB a huge contract extension if they think he’s gonna F up if they have to rely on him.

Cmon man have a look at there careers.

When Ryan had the right coach he was league MVP and should have had a SB.

Stop Tannerhill isn’t on the same level as Ryan was there careers bare this out.

As for weapons I bet AS saw what the Falcons have and already has a pretty good idea of how he’ll deploy them.All he has to get right is retooling the RB position and getting better Oline play out of what we have.The cupboard has been loaded enough for years we’ve just needed a coach to unlock it and let it off the leash.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Why not? RBs rarely go inside the top 25 anymore. Last year Jonathan Taylor and DeAndre Swift were both available at the same spot we will be selecting this year.

Najee also isn't even the consensus #1 RB in this draft, many people have Etienne over him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fontenet values Etienne higher with his game reminiscing Kamara. 

Pittsburgh ranked dead last in rushing this year. Running the ball has been their identity for years. Their inability to rush consistently has given them issues. A big back like Harris would remedy that issue ten fold. It would rejuvenate their running game, as well as bring back “Steeler” football to Pittsburgh. Depending on need/talent I think Entienne goes first and Harris second and both go in the 1st round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

This is what I’ve been asking the past 2-3 days.  Can he adapt and overcome?  Can he make in game adjustments, or even halftime adjustments for that matter?  

The Titans relied heavily on Derrick Henry.  Recency bias aside, nobody can sit here and tell me that what they saw in the Ravens game wasn’t a bit concerning.  In the regular season matchup Derrick Henry rushed for 133yds and the Titans won the game 30-24.  In the playoff matchup he ran for 40yds and they lost 20-14.  There was no adjustment whatsoever to what the Ravens were doing.  He was outcoached.

We female dogged and complained all season long about how Koetter could not adjust, yet we hired a guy who clearly did not adjust.  

Ravens defense is actually good. He adjusted, Ravens adjusted quicker. Ravens had an answer for everything. People leave out the fact that they already beat the Ravens twice. Once bouncing them out of the playoffs. Titans defense is also awful. They have been for a good portion of the season

To not fully be able to adjust and win 100% against good teams is normal. Koetter wasn’t adjusting to bottom feeding teams and losing. There is a difference. Smith can adjust. Take a look at the Cleveland game. Down 38-7, Smith was able to adjust and bring it to 41-35. While it isn’t a win, there was an obvious adjustment made.

People also want to say that he can’t run without Henry but last season against the Saints he was still able to adjust and get 149 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD and put up 272 passing yards and 3 passing TDs. That’s 421 yards of total offense. He put up better numbers versus each Falcons’ game versus the Saints in 2019. All this with significantly less weapons than we have.

To compare Smith and Koetter is asinine. One is succeeding at a high level at OC while the other hasn’t succeeded as an OC since 2012, and even that required a weak schedule. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kayoh said:

kind of hilarious how Matt Ryan has experienced Mike Mularkey both from 2008-2011 and now all over again in 2021 and forward.

Assuming he's still the starter this year, that is. You never know if a new regime will want to pick "their guy". 

This is so surface level. 

But real talk — Mike Mularkey’s offenses consistently had higher PPG than Koetter’s. The only real exceptions being 2009 for Mularkey when Ryan was injured and 2012 for Koetter where he averaged about half a point higher than what Mularkey had been producing. And Art Smith is bringing back the wide zone and WCO system that had this team averaging a full TD more than either of them in 2016. And even though his offendes don’t, they do average a full TD more than Koetter and around 5 points more than Mularkey.

As I said before, give me more of that kind of boring please. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slumerican said:

Im basically saying Blank giving Smith 3 throw away years because of our situation.. Then after 3, allow Smith to actually rebuild the team he wants.. No doubt, we can't turn this **** show around in 3..and I hope Blank understands that also.. It possibly gives is a few years to draft good before any pressure is put on Smith to actually field a winning team

Got ya, I've seen people claiming Smith will only get a 3 year deal. If that's the case I woldnt have taken the job.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GleasonForever! said:

Well done videos breaking by down the zone read and play action over the past two years. 
 

opinion: Ryan will thrive in this system. (Or new QB 🤪)  We will also need a really good RB too.   
 

will be interesting to see who the new OC will be. The Titans o line is tough  we will need excellent OG/C play in this scheme. TEs will need to block and catch. Hurst will thrive. 

take it all in pals. Thoughts? 
 

 

Heavier emphasis on run, obviously. But in a lot of ways, smith runs an offense very similar to shanny’s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

This is so surface level. 

But real talk — Mike Mularkey’s offenses consistently had higher PPG than Koetter’s. The only real exceptions being 2009 for Mularkey when Ryan was injured and 2012 for Koetter where he averaged about half a point higher than what Mularkey had been producing. And Art Smith is bringing back the wide zone and WCO system that had this team averaging a full TD more than either of them in 2016. And even though his offendes don’t, they do average a full TD more than Koetter and around 5 points more than Mularkey.

As I said before, give me more of that kind of boring please. 

People don’t know what they don’t know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Pittsburgh ranked dead last in rushing this year. Running the ball has been their identity for years. Their inability to rush consistently has given them issues. A big back like Harris would remedy that issue ten fold. It would rejuvenate their running game, as well as bring back “Steeler” football to Pittsburgh. Depending on need/talent I think Entienne goes first and Harris second and both go in the 1st round. 

My sights are set on Javonte Williams in Rd 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...