• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Run first WCO with elements taken from the LeFleur version. Uses a lot of playaction. It's literally his own design. 

Well done videos breaking by down the zone read and play action over the past two years.    opinion: Ryan will thrive in this system. (Or new QB 🤪)  We will also need a really good RB too.   

Some of the roll outs off of play action left tons of green for Tannygoat. I think with our WR’s and TE this could be a dangerous attack. I watched the first 4 games with a friend and it was rare to see them check out of runs with 8 in the box with a single high. Go ahead and try that against the falcons and you’ll pay. But that’s not gonna happen until the team proves they can run. 

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

Think you are looking to deep. Smiths builds around strengths and deception

That is one of my concerns.... That only works for so long.

I know people here love all of the window dressing but good defenses catch on...and when they do it does not matter.

Case in point last week.

Smith's Titans did not fool the  Ravens....Nor did the Bears fool the Saints.

The bears ran alot of that motion and tried the deception route ( would have scored a TD  but the bears receiver channeled this inner Brian Finnerman)....but once the Saints caught on....the bears could not much.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I know people here love all of the window dressing but good defenses catch on...and when they do it does not matter.

Case in point last week.

The bears ran alot of that motion and tried the deception route ( would have scored a TD  but the bears receiver channeled this inner Brian Finnerman)....but once the Saints caught on....the bears could not much.

That's why the team needs to start with building a defense. If they punch you in the gut...you gotta punch them back in the face.

11 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Case in point last week.

Wait...you don't like misdirection and good play design? Which naturally helps both good and bad football players and doesn't count on talent alone? 

I just realized why you dig Dirk Koetter. :lol:

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wait...you don't like misdirection and good play design? Which naturally help both good and bad football players and don't count on talent alone? 

I just realized why you dig Dirk Koetter. :lol:

I like some misdirection but like everything it gets over used.

How did the misdirection help the titans vs the Ravens??

Hint....it didn't.

Like I said a good fundamentally sound defense chews up teams who rely on misdirection and the smoke and mirrors.

6 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I like some misdirection but like everything it gets over used.

How did the misdirection help the titans vs the Ravens??

Hint....it didn't.

Like I said a good fundamentally sound defense chews up teams who rely on misdirection and the smoke and mirrors.

What was the alternative? Please, tell me. Tell me the negative. Is Smith to be blamed for making up for his team's overall lack of talent at certain positions? Tell me how some kind of explicitly straightforward offense would have won them the game.

3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think we should trade spots with the 49ers, pick up an extra 1st/3rd next season and an extra 2nd/3rd this season. Draft Surtain. Then trade back into the 1st round with the extra seconds (and maybe Hayden Hurst) with the Jaguars and select Harris. Final outcome:

Surtain

Harris

Two 2012 3rds

Two 2022 1sts/3rds

Would love to have extra picks in 2022 to draft a QB with.

3 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I think we should trade spots with the 49ers, pick up an extra 1st/3rd next season and an extra 2nd/3rd this season. Draft Surtain. Then trade back into the 1st round with the extra seconds (and maybe Hayden Hurst) with the Jaguars and select Harris. Final outcome:

Surtain

Harris

Two 2012 3rds

Two 2022 1sts/3rds

What is with your obsession with trading Hurst. We have him for extremely cheap and he is a solid TE. That just creates another hole by moving him.

3 hours ago, Thelonious Mingus said:

Ryan is a shell of himself. I hope he proves me wrong. This is not 2016. Fields/Wilson/Lance would be unstoppable in this offense though. I'm starting to like this Smitty deal even more once we get a capable big back. Our O Line problems are gone with his schemes.

LMAO

6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

What was the alternative? Please, tell me. Tell me the negative. Is Smith to be blamed for making up for his team's overall lack of talent at certain positions? Tell me how some kind of explicitly straightforward offense would have won them the game.

Changing up the looks on offense.

Changing up the tendencies.

Doing something different as a whole when it was clear that the Ravens knew what the titans were doing.

And while it is easy to say it is one game. To a degree yes but that one game was in the playoffs And 2 weeks prior the Titans got utterly embarrassed on national tv vs the Packers...and it was a similar deal...all of the misdirection did not fool the Packers and they took Henry away early and Smith never adjusted.

So yeah....he has my support but I have my concerns.

38 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Case in point last week.

Only watched 3 and part of a 4th game, but defenses were not afraid of their WR Corp. Lots of single high man with a stacked box. Good luck if you do that here. 

once we prove we can run, it’ll be fun to watch 

22 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

What is with your obsession with trading Hurst. We have him for extremely cheap and he is a solid TE. That just creates another hole by moving him.

Not obsessed with it. I doubt we resign him to another contract since he'll be 29 at the start of the 2022 season. I'm confident that between Smith/Ryan we can develop a much younger and cheaper option with minimal capital given. Jaguars don't have a viable TE, and they are probably going to select Lawrence. Pairing a young QB with a veteran TE would be mutually beneficial to both positions. Not to mention they have a good RB with no real receiving threat. This provides Lawrence with a safety net while also helping their running game.

24 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Would love to have extra picks in 2022 to draft a QB with.

That's part of the plan. My hope is that Ryan can last 2 more season and impart his knowledge into a successor within a year. If the QB draft class is any good next year we'll have ammo to move up without losing any additional capital. 

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Changing up the looks on offense.

Changing up the tendencies.

Doing something different as a whole when it was clear that the Ravens knew what the titans were doing.

And while it is easy to say it is one game. To a degree yes but that one game was in the playoffs And 2 weeks prior the Titans got utterly embarrassed on national tv vs the Packers...and it was a similar deal...all of the misdirection did not fool the Packers and they took Henry away early and Smith never adjusted.

So yeah....he has my support but I have my concerns.

Some of that was because of his QB, don’t you think? 

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Case in point last week.

Titans had a third string LT, a QB who was average at best before 2018 last season.

They scored more than 30 pts in 10 games, more than 40 in 5 games. That is consistency. 
By the same logic, Mahomes and Andy Reid couldn’t do anything against Falcons. Falcons could have dropped much more than 14, if they had offense. 

I honestly hope Blank is giving Smith 3 years to try and get out of this **** we are in.. I dont expect anything different until we can move on from Ryan and company with these horrible contracts we've got to eat.. In a young mans sport, we're definitely going to have to watch several has beens for a few years before we can actually rebuild