MOCKDRAFT 2021 - The Arthur Smith Edition

Project: Dont run on us. We will run at you.

New H/C: Arthur Smith

New DC: Wade Phillips

Free Agency:

Cut:

Ricardo Allen

Allen Bailey

James Carpenter

- Notable Signings:
Richard Sherman, CB - 2 years. A proven vet for the secondary

Not much money for FA so we prioritize leadership and our secondary really needs it. That is why Sherman is brought in. He still got it.

DRAFT :

TRADE: Washington Football Team wants a new QB when Justin Fields fall to 4. They give up 19, 51, 74 and 83 and next years second. Great trade for the Falcons.

Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence

Jets: Zach Wilson

Miami: Penei Sewell

1. Zaven Collins, Edge, Tulsa

·         - Maybe the best pass rusher in the draft. We give Wade Phillips a nice weapon

2a. Alijah Vera-Tucker, G, USC

·         This is not sexy but we continue to build an O line with a no ******** attitute. This completes our line

2b Patrick Jones, DE, Pittsburgh

- Pass rush, pass rush.. Another one, but we need a decent rotation. We will attack during 60 minutes - not just 30 minutes. 

3a Ar'Darius Washington , Safety, TCU

- Our new free safety. He will surprise a lot of people and get the chance to start next to Neal who gets a one year prove it deal.

3b Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford

- big, strong corner who will compete sooner rather than later.

3c Alim Mcneil, DT, NC State

- Big guy we will put on the D line next to Grady. He will also you some pass rush, but he will stop the run
4 Rhamondre Stevenson, RB, Oklahoma

- Here you have your big back and he is about to hurt some people.

5. Elijah Molden, CB, Washington

- He will be in the rotation.

6. Braydon Johnson, WR, Oklahoma State
 -  A prospect who needs to learn at the next level. Hopefully Allen can teach him a thing or two.

STARTING LINE UP – DEFENSE - 3-4:

DE: Marlon Davidson

DT: Alim McNeil

DE: Grady Jarrett

OLB: Zaven Collins

MLB: Foye Oluokun

MLB: Deion Jones

OLB: Dante Fowler(Patrick Jones)

DB1: AJ Terrell

DB2: Richard Sherman

DB3: Kendall Sheffield

SS: Keanu Neal

FS: Ar'Darius Washington

STARTING LINE UP – OFFENSE:

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Rhamondre Stevenson

TE1: Hayden Hurst

WR1: Julio Jones

WR2: Calvin Ridley

WR3: Russell Gage

O Line: Jake Matthews, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Matt Henessy, Chris Lindstrom, Kaleb McGary

Edited by FalconOdense
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Project: Dont run on us. We will run at you. New H/C: Arthur Smith New DC: Wade Phillips Free Agency: Cut: Ricardo Allen Allen Bailey James Carpenter  - Notabl

Nah maybe Wilson not Fields tho. Come back to this in 3 years and see

I don't get the love moving to a 3-4. Our best pieces on defense are better fits for a 4-3. 

HATE the move to 3-4, hate it.

LOVE the trade with WFT.

DO NOT WANT Sherman. Rather take another rare talent in the draft with that 2b pick

LOVE LOVE LOVE Collins in the 1st!!! (maybe my favorite player in the draft)

IF Najee Harris is there at 2a we MUST take him. If not and a Jaycee Horn or a Asante Samuel or Tyson Campbell is available I hope we go CB, if not Trey Sermon on down the line. Need another RB stud for Smith.

LOVE Alim Mcneil in the 3rd, WICKED fast DT that gets to the QB, but I want him next to Grady in the 4-3 wrecking the inside and allowing Collins to come screaming off the edge to blow up plays.

Great work man.

I generally like it, but I'll be disappointed if we don't get one of Javonte Williams, Etienne, or Harris.

A few of these guys were not on my radar - mostly because they are below the radar of the sites I frequent, but that's not a criticism.

I LOVE McNeill. I suspect he'll rise quite a bit between now and April. I also think it makes a lot of sense to double down on passrushing DE. Ours are not worth mentioning.

I think the glaring omission, given the news about Smith, is that I can't imagine him not going after the TE position, given his background. Ours are at best 'just ok.'

58 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I don't get the love moving to a 3-4. Our best pieces on defense are better fits for a 4-3. 

Davidson can go back to his college playing weight and play DE. Him trying to bulk up to play DT is going to waste him away in a 4-3. Fowler can go back to the role he played with the Rams when he was playing great. He is looking like the Jags Fowler as a 4-3 DE (Even if he was hurt, He does not look good).

Deion/Foye can be our David/White like the Bucs have. Both can scream through the middle or cover as needed. Grady will still eat as a 3-4 DE and would likely get more sacks than he does in our current 4-3. 

We would need 1 edge rusher at LB and a true NT in terms of our front 7. Back end we would need a CB2 and FS no matter if we are in a 4-3 or 3-4.

If those are our picks with a trade down, I'm targetting:

19 CB Farley/Surtain, DT Barmore or TE Kyle Pitts if they fall or DE Carlos "Boogie" Basham Jr, DE Jayson Oweh, S Trevon Moehrig, CB Jaycee Horn, LB Nick Bolton, QB Mac Jones, OL Wyatt Davis, RB Harris

51 RB Javonte Williams, S Javon Holland or DE Patrick Jones II or Joseph Ossai, OL Trey Smith, RB Trey Sermon, TE Pat Friermuth 

74 Creed Humphrey, DE Quincy Roche, OL Deonte Brown or Landon Dickerson, TE Brevin Jordan, 

83 DE Rashad Weaver, S Ar'Darius Washington, QB Jamie Newman, RB Kenneth Gainwell, DT Tyler Shelvin or Jaylen Twyman, OL Trey Hill

53 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Davidson can go back to his college playing weight and play DE. Him trying to bulk up to play DT is going to waste him away in a 4-3. Fowler can go back to the role he played with the Rams when he was playing great. He is looking like the Jags Fowler as a 4-3 DE (Even if he was hurt, He does not look good).

Deion/Foye can be our David/White like the Bucs have. Both can scream through the middle or cover as needed. Grady will still eat as a 3-4 DE and would likely get more sacks than he does in our current 4-3. 

We would need 1 edge rusher at LB and a true NT in terms of our front 7. Back end we would need a CB2 and FS no matter if we are in a 4-3 or 3-4.

I'm not saying it can't be done, it's just that our best building blocks in our front 7 (Debo, Jarrett, Foye, Walker) are better fits in a 4-3. Sure I could see the two Dave's, Fowler, Cominsky etc being good fits. I'm not convinced at all that Grady will get more opportunities for sacks as 2-gapping 5 techs.

I still see a team struggling to make the playoffs with no chance of seriously competing a Superbowl for a minimum of 2 or 3 season. You just don't switch to a 3/4 defense with limited cap space and become a top 10 defense over night with a bunch of rookies. I hope Smith brings a legitimate plan to transform this franchise into a superbowl contender not sure wade Philips helps the cause. 

3 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

Project: Dont run on us. We will run at you.

New H/C: Arthur Smith

New DC: Wade Phillips

Free Agency:

Cut:

Ricardo Allen

Allen Bailey

James Carpenter

- Notable Signings:
Richard Sherman, CB - 2 years. A proven vet for the secondary

Not much money for FA so we prioritize leadership and our secondary really needs it. That is why Sherman is brought in. He still got it.

DRAFT :

TRADE: Washington Football Team wants a new QB when Justin Fields fall to 4. They give up 19, 51, 74 and 83 and next years second. Great trade for the Falcons.

Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence

Jets: Zach Wilson

Miami: Penei Sewell

1. Zaven Collins, Edge, Tulsa

·         - Maybe the best pass rusher in the draft. We give Wade Phillips a nice weapon

2a. Alijah Vera-Tucker, G, USC

·         This is not sexy but we continue to build an O line with a no ******** attitute. This completes our line

2b Patrick Jones, DE, Pittsburgh

- Pass rush, pass rush.. Another one, but we need a decent rotation. We will attack during 60 minutes - not just 30 minutes. 

3a Ar'Darius Washington , Safety, TCU

- Our new free safety. He will surprise a lot of people and get the chance to start next to Neal who gets a one year prove it deal.

3b Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford

- big, strong corner who will compete sooner rather than later.

3c Alim Mcneil, DT, NC State

- Big guy we will put on the D line next to Grady. He will also you some pass rush, but he will stop the run
4 Rhamondre Stevenson, RB, Oklahoma

- Here you have your big back and he is about to hurt some people.

5. Elijah Molden, CB, Washington

- He will be in the rotation.

6. Braydon Johnson, WR, Oklahoma State
 -  A prospect who needs to learn at the next level. Hopefully Allen can teach him a thing or two.

STARTING LINE UP – DEFENSE - 3-4:

DE: Marlon Davidson

DT: Alim McNeil

DE: Grady Jarrett

OLB: Zaven Collins

MLB: Foye Oluokun

MLB: Deion Jones

OLB: Dante Fowler(Patrick Jones)

DB1: AJ Terrell

DB2: Richard Sherman

DB3: Kendall Sheffield

SS: Keanu Neal

FS: Ar'Darius Washington

STARTING LINE UP – OFFENSE:

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Rhamondre Stevenson

TE1: Hayden Hurst

WR1: Julio Jones

WR2: Calvin Ridley

WR3: Russell Gage

O Line: Jake Matthews, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Matt Henessy, Chris Lindstrom, Kaleb McGary

Nice. I was working on one last night and and its scary similar to yours.

Like I say every time I see trade down mocks, this a QB a team is trying to get, not some other position. Absolutely nobody is getting off that cheap. I’m asking 1,2,3 this year and likely 1,2 next year. Especially to move 15 spots to the skins pick?

They gotta pay if they’re sold on that QB being their franchise for ten years.