Jump to content

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Some dude on 92.9 just called Henry "the best NFL running back of our generation," of course while trying to pretend Arthur Smith is just a product of a bunch of future Hall of Famers up in Nashvegas.

People need to have some perspective.  Henry is all of a sudden better than LaDanien Tomlinson?  Better than Adrian Peterson? Steven Jackson?  DeMarco Murray?  

Lynch?  Bell?  Foster?

Come the **** on people.  If that was one of you, please delete your account here.

Is he even better than Gurley in his prime??

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Henry is a second round back. THere are other guys like him. Give Smith some credit. Henry was not elite until he became a OC.

As we wait to see if Arthur Smith officially takes the job in Atlanta, among all OCs in the last 20 seasons, Arthur Smith offenses ranked 1st in red zone efficiency, 2nd in yards per play, and 4th in

The entire Falcons Fanbase

Posted Images

4 hours ago, insight said:

Is the scheme the problem or the talent at running back? We have Ollison,  Gurley, Hill  and Ito none have looked good in our current offense.  

While I am hopeful we draft one of the three top RBs, don't write these guys off except for Gurley.  The Gurley marketing experiment is off.  We have 4 backs and none of them can run consistently in our 2020 offense.  Coincidence?  All 4 are bad?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NorthGaBoy said:

While I am hopeful we draft one of the three top RBs, don't write these guys off except for Gurley.  The Gurley marketing experiment is off.  We have 4 backs and none of them can run consistently in our 2020 offense.  Coincidence?  All 4 are bad?

Gurley isn't coming back. He really fell apart physically down the stretch. He lost his starting job to Ito. Not that Ito is bad but also wasn't the big FA acquisition. Ito could be a good back in this offense but its time for fresh legs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been hours now. Sounds like this is way more than "ironing out the details." I wonder if he is really mulling over that Philly job.

If he does pass, this is going to look very bad on Blank and co. when they attempt to come crawling back to other candidates. Blank needs to completely wipe out McKay and associates if it does come to this embarrassment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stizz said:

It has been hours now. Sounds like this is way more than "ironing out the details." I wonder if he is really mulling over that Philly job.

If he does pass, this is going to look very bad on Blank and co. when they attempt to come crawling back to other candidates. Blank needs to completely wipe out McKay and associates if it does come to this embarrassment.

Who do we go for #2? Wouldn't be mad at Brady. Just a kid. But I like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stizz said:

It has been hours now. Sounds like this is way more than "ironing out the details." I wonder if he is really mulling over that Philly job.

If he does pass, this is going to look very bad on Blank and co. when they attempt to come crawling back to other candidates. Blank needs to completely wipe out McKay and associates if it does come to this embarrassment.

It makes you wonder....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetJones11 said:

Anyone outside of Atlanta fans can see that Matt Ryan is average at best . We will not win the SB with him he’s not clutch in the big time moments i don’t care it’s been 13 years and we still haven’t done it . Never heard ppl makes so many excuses for a 13 year vet always the OC fault or the defense fault . Mahomes had the same weapons as Alex Smith but look what he is able to do Matt is more Alex Smith than Mahomes 

Wow.  All of them?  Can I see your survey statistics?  This is so contrary to common sense that I just need to see the data to become a believer.

JetJones11, you are about to become infamous.  You are going to shock the world.  Please post the survey statistics so we can get this thing rolling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fernando C. said:

This is just a great day.. wanted him from the start... now lets see the paring with our new GM... its looking less likley to draft Fields at 4th... Surtain here we come...

Hallelujah! I'm so sick of fields name being brought up (or any other qb for that matter) that I could spew chunks. Using that pick for a qb and not parlaying it into multiple picks, or at least a position of need, in my opinion would be downright stooopid. I hope all of the fields n**huggers would just leave and become homers for whatever team drafts him. Please realize that while he is very talented, he is in no way ready to make a considerable contribution to a team that can't hold opposing offenses below 30pts. Now go ahead and throw out whatever narrative you want, i have nothing against fields the person, I am a uga homer, and do not believe that he is the right fit for this team nor any other qb at #4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fuego said:

I'd like to see stats on running vs passing in the red zone stats. If more running, then that's due to Henry, and we don't have a Henry. And if Henry can be shut down like the Ravens did, then our O doesn't stand a chance without a Henry. 

Look at Henry's stats before Smith became the OC. He didn't become the best back in the league before then. 

Also, I don't think Smith intends to be as run-heavy in Atlanta. He will adapt his scheme to the personnel he has. He won't have Henry in Atlanta, but he will have a better QB and lethal receivers. He's an inventive play caller--not just someone relying on a great running back to pound it all game. 

He's not going to expect the Falcons RBs to be Derrick Henry, just like Shanahan didn't expect Ryan to be a dual-threat QB like RG3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stizz said:

It has been hours now. Sounds like this is way more than "ironing out the details." I wonder if he is really mulling over that Philly job.

If he does pass, this is going to look very bad on Blank and co. when they attempt to come crawling back to other candidates. Blank needs to completely wipe out McKay and associates if it does come to this embarrassment.

It took them literally all day yesterday to iron out the details for Urban Meyer to go to Jacksonville, and nobody else wanted him.

Pessimism for its own sake is rarely a good thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Expert Poster said:

Look at Henry's stats before Smith became the OC. He didn't become the best back in the league before then. 

Also, I don't think Smith intends to be as run-heavy in Atlanta. He will adapt his scheme to the personnel he has. He won't have Henry in Atlanta, but he will have a better QB and lethal receivers. He's an inventive play caller--not just someone relying on a great running back to pound it all game. 

He's not going to expect the Falcons RBs to be Derrick Henry, just like Shanahan didn't expect Ryan to be a dual-threat QB like RG3. 

That's my question, are they so run heavy because of Smith, or Vrabel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

It took them literally all day yesterday to iron out the details for Urban Meyer to go to Jacksonville, and nobody else wanted him.

Pessimism for its own sake is rarely a good thing.

Don't you dare try to break these clouds up and let sunlight through! Let us wallow in pity and doubt, sir! you keyboard Pollyanna!

Edited by dodge_birds_fan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...